Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

18mm, space it away from the wall slightly with timber battens. I guess that's 3/4 inch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Spacing it off the wall is mainly to let air get behind if your basement walls get damp at all rather than rotting the wood. If this area is dry all the time then don't worry about that part.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

4 hours travelling to do an 8 hour day :gonk:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I’d ride a bike for maybe 15 minutes to get to an office I was expected to be at regularly but I’m just not interested in throwing 90 minutes of my life away every day to sit in a room with other people who are also working on things with others in different parts of the world.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If the first job ran into a problem that required they decide not to hire you the week before you were due to start, they'd have no problems telling you that without feeling bad about it.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

That's an impossible task to complete to that schedule and nobody should feel bad for not completing it

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

One day travel, hotel, one day work, hotel, one day travelling back. OT because it's the weekend, overnight allowance, and PDs. And a hire car so you aren't loving your own one up.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

What even is DHCP snooping

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

A proud moment

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's not two days either, it's a weekend. OP why are you working the weekend?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If it's a one-man department for a smallish company and they are talking about *~AI~* then their leadership is completely directionless and just reacting to whatever poo poo gets shoved into their LinkedIn feed, and that environment would have been a nightmare.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

A place I worked at had thin IBM desktops that were completely toolless and I flipped the optical drive upside-down in a colleagues PC once when they stepped out for five minutes. He used it for a couple of weeks before giving in and turning it back around.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I seem to have a project manager on this job who doesn't want to talk to the client at all. The client is missing their deadlines for when they were supposed to have provided us with things by to hit certain milestones, waiting a few days before bringing that up won't make it go away. We can't get the delay back, you just need to speak to them to stop it increasing.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

That sort of job is one where if you aren't careful you accidentally stick around for a couple of years and become completely worthless to employers who aren't living in the early 2000s

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Raymond T. Racing posted:

You want actual earpro, not active noise cancelling

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Amazon's first post on their WorkDocs blog in nearly six years is to tell you how to migrate away because they're giving up on it. I wonder if it ever had any real customers?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

DNS search suffix in DHCP?

If this is a web browser then it could be ignoring the system DNS servers and using DoH.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The other thing about a request to upgrade all Server 2016 / 2019 boxes to 2022 is that it massively depends on what the application supports. It might be possible to use this request to your advantage to get as much legacy crap replaced as possible, the likelihood of that working is very organisation specific.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The Iron Rose posted:

Personal consumer question. My father needs to fax some documents to his insurer. I have been blessed with avoiding email to fax services in my professional career, but I’m curious if yall would recommend any particular software products here. Lowest cost is best obviously.

If this is a one-off then can a copy shop handle it? Do the insurer really have nothing other than fax?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Prescription Combs posted:

I vaguely recall them mentioning they were upgrading AD from 2012 to 2016 level if that sounds right? I'm not an AD guy but 2016 stuck out.

One of the functional levels gets you the AD recycle bin which I have no idea why it wasn’t a thing up until that point.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Took a mental health day today by which I mean "dropped out of a town hall teams meeting after 15 minutes" and went AWOL for the day to sit around outside

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Internet Explorer posted:

Microsoft doing the lord's work.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Presume they need a replacement for the role

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I presume that's a "the police are charging you" level of gently caress up

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The closest thing to what you want is cross-tenant sync which is unavailable for government tenants.

From experience you want to shut people's old accounts down as quickly as possible. If you think there's stuff in the old tenant they might need to reference then invite all the new accounts to the old tenant as guest users and put them in security groups so they retain access to SharePoint etc.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

No

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'd be fine with doing 2 days a week in an office if I could walk/cycle there within 20 minutes. I'm never going back to spending 90 minutes on trains four times a week.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

FISHMANPET posted:

For example, the sales team schedules more calls/demos on their WFH days because it's easier to do at home with less office noise around you.

This seems like an oversight, ideally you want sales to be able to do the demos whenever the customer is available, if you don't have spaces they can use with professional VC equipment to the extent that them joining from home is more effective then that feels like it should be addressed.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Get a dog trailer

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Bluetooth but with a dongle, and a charging base for convenience.

Poly part 77Y97AA has been good for me

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Meet me in the David Cronenberg server room

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I feel like advancing through your career is mainly shifting what "diving in" looks like - in the early days it might be trying to martyr yourself but after a decade or so it will be "here are the three companies we need to do a good job of this, who is approving this budget?".

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

39 days in the office per quarter is not hybrid, that's most of each week before you take into account any holiday you take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Let me interest you in some SSL acceleration cards