Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't like teams, because we had slack but are moving to teams, and a company we acquired has teams that we are heavily involved with. So I get messages on slack, teams, and teams (guest). loving end me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
I like kubernetes

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
I was supposed to go to next this year but kids put a stop to that. Perhaps next year

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
I once saw a production network where the network engineer disabled spanning tree across their entire very large office/manufacturing/warehouse. Someone plugged a little dumb hub in and brought everything down. That was fun to unravel. So even people who should know better sometimes wouldn't know what a BPDUfilter/guard is.

I don't do a lot of networking anymore because my job is mostly management/cloud, but this week I am helping the company greenfield a new office and instead of farming out the work they decided to YOLO it, and it's quite embarrassing. The onsite tech figured he could do it all himself if I was just there to assist, however he's never used a palo alto (their edge device) or ubiquiti (all their switches), had no IP allocation set up for the office, no cut sheet from the ISP, just...nothing. It just ended up turning into "Sepist configures a network". I don't mind because I don't get to do a lot of networking anymore, but man, they didn't even talk to me about this office before they sprung it on me it was getting stood up this week.

Sepist fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 12, 2024

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't mean to be a Cisco apologist but large companies churning through acquisitions seemingly always end up this way. I loved the Palo Alto NGFW platform but their integrations with anything in their prisma line has been a disaster and I hate having to deal with it.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
When I worked in a call center early in my career we used to always prank each other. Moving headsets, taking the entire computer/peripherals off the desk and putting it under the desk, stuffing paper in the optimal mouse hole, flipping the screen.

One particularly evil thing I did was take a piece of paper and place it inside the USB port of the mouse so although everything looked connected, it was entirely non-functional

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
Regex is really easy when you have chatGPT do it for you

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
We also blocked ssh key git a long time ago and I don't recall the reason, it must be some kind of vague requirement in a compliance assessment as that is normally where their actions stem from.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
We use phpIPAM as well, way better than anything you don't pay for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't have change windows I have possible unplanned DR tests