Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Google can take a bit to update, like days even, so I'd wait at first.

Heres all the info you should ever need - https://developers.google.com/search/docs/crawling-indexing/301-redirects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Yeah in real life I love poo poo sandwiches nom nom nom.

Then I process the poo poo sandwich by just being competent collecting my paychecks and strategic brown nosing until I collect bigger paychecks.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

I learned the difference between allowed vlan add and allowed vlan the hard way, bringing down a large chunk of a metro area's internet to government buildings.

I think the worst I've done lately is leave a bunch of poo poo on in my aws account that I was testing out costing me like $50.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Didn't get the job I had a phone screen for, so I say good luck to them finding someone in this small area with better qualifications who is willing to take on that many red flags and an in-person job.

Any sense as to why they passed on the phone screen? Usually those are just the easy softball, check that this is a real person. We're they looking for experience in one particular area or something?

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

It feels like once you've been in IT long enough you know enough to figure anything out given enough time.

Except for regex. gently caress that poo poo.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

IPAM is the bees knees so long as Im not the one managing it.

Ive used InfoBlox and SolarWinds. No personal preference between either, again so long as Im not maintaining either. Otherwise Infoblox is a beast if you pay for all that it can do and I'd opt for SolarWinds for smaller shops.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Extended support for server 2016 isnt until 2027? What is Qualys worried about? Mainstream support?

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Vulture Culture posted:

My sample size is small, but I have yet to see a successful Netskope rollout that hasn't been rolled back and abandoned after the fact

We're at 20K+ users and its worked mostly well for us. You still have your normal day to day tickets with it for site exclusions, and the occasional troubleshooting issue where its breaks some app, but by and large I've been happy with our rollout.

Honestly the biggest issue has been all the bugs with their Mac clients. Seems to break every other release, but we dont have a huge Apple footprint so it hasnt been that big of a deal for us.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Meh people are into whatever. So long as I never had to skillfully navigate around all of their chotchkes at their desk during my helpdesk days I didnt care.

Paternity leave is kicking my rear end. I work non-stop for the 8 hours im actually at work, going to be tough to go back to work full time in August/September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

I'm lucky in that my leave is super flexible. I'm only working two days a week right now.

Between that and my wife going part time we can stretch out child care a long time before we have to hire a nanny.

The downside is that I'm not away long enough stretches for people to not hit me up for stuff.