Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm keen for this, I've been looking at the remixcomp website for a while but haven't really done much with any of the ones I have attempted, working with predefined stems makes me feel a bit limited and I run into a wall pretty quickly. I've done some remixes of my younger brothers stuff, but in those cases it's more a rearrange and polish as opposed to complete reinterpretation. When you guys approach a remix do you have a genre in mind to take the track towards? Or maybe try and integrate it into an in-progress project you have going already?
At what point would you say a song stops being a remix and becomes an independent track that merely samples parts from another?

Those are some weird sounds man, I'd never think to come up with something like that. There were a few sections in there where a certain group of sounds or a phrase sparked off something in my head so I'll see what I can do. I've yet to publish any of my own stuff online but I'm far more comfortable sharing a reworking of someone elses work so I have the fallback excuse of "don't like it? blame that guy, it's his song...".

Keep bumping this thread too, I hate seeing interesting stuff in ML fizzle out after a half dozen replies and then disappear into the archives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread