Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Apparently the FBI questioned Kantbot in March

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://twitter.com/Lwrong_txt/status/1035640005853700107

Catboy Autonomist
Jun 23, 2018

IS IT SUPWISING THAT PWISONS WESEMBWE FACTOWIES, SCHOOWS, WHICH AWW WESEMBWE PWISONS?

Pretty sure "unconsidered Basic Normie Ideology, except aggressive and overtly malicious about it" is just shameless raw neoliberal capitalism when its honest about what it is tbh

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

The video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOYoou3genk

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Everyone knows the weirder and less normal your ideas are the better they are, which is why I heal myself by consuming buckets of colloidal silver and shoving crystals up my rear end

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
i suppose it's a good sign for lesswrong that even they didn't go for "Finding a Girlfriend with Reinforcement Learning"

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
Resurrecting this thread because this is a p good video about the perils and pitfalls of naming "rationality" as your guiding principle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtg9tQ4mqLc

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Resurrecting this thread because this is a p good video about the perils and pitfalls of naming "rationality" as your guiding principle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtg9tQ4mqLc

doesn't reach the punchline, dammit. But if only the rationalists would get suitably upset.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://twitter.com/Lwrong_txt/status/1060342724661071874

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pfff, that's actually r/ssc.txt. That Twitter account is a fraud!

r/ssc is so rabidly right-wing these days that their weekly Culture War threads could fill up a thread of their own.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

This thread is dead so post them here if you like. Nobody'd mind seeing it repurposed I imagine.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I'm sure you can easily provide the data that shows white people are more competent and less corrupt, oh wise rationalist who definitely isn't just back-rationalizing stereotypes

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
White people are naturally smarter. For example, we start research firms to tell us that white people are naturally smarter. Who else does that?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Pfff, that's actually r/ssc.txt. That Twitter account is a fraud!

r/ssc is so rabidly right-wing these days that their weekly Culture War threads could fill up a thread of their own.

to the point where /r/sneerclub has occasional moratoria on /r/slatestarcodex content

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Shame Boy posted:

I'm sure you can easily provide the data that shows white people are more competent and less corrupt, oh wise rationalist who definitely isn't just back-rationalizing stereotypes

They'd just break out the figures on wealth inequality and incarceration rates. Evidence of racism is actually evidence that it's justified, if you squint and huff paint.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Relevant Tangent posted:

This thread is dead so post them here if you like. Nobody'd mind seeing it repurposed I imagine.

Edit: eh; not really that funny.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

All data that vaguely does not disprove my racism is extremely strong support for my racism; all data against my racism is fabricated liberal SJW cuck fake news. It's like Praxeology White Lite!

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!
Goddamn, that monster is like a textbook example of a "valid but incorrect syllogism.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Relevant Tangent posted:

Nah. I hate to recommend Reddit, but just read r/sneerclub. The few times I've done a deep dive myself I came away angry at humanity.

Pretension is bad, racism is awful. Reading a pretentiously racist circlejerk makes me want to do harm to myself or others.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

divabot posted:

occasional moratoria on /r/slatestarcodex content

Secret ShittyScott-lovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

This thread is dead.

I agree. Happy Thanksgiving!