Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Anyway here is Justine Tunney helping some MRAs film an anti-Anita Sarkeesian video.

Only one of these people knows how to look vaguely presentable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Christ, that rapeface.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
He's like the world's most low-budget Bond villain.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Anyway here is Justine Tunney helping some MRAs film an anti-Anita Sarkeesian video.

Aurini! The man who makes possibly the most cringeworthy Red Pill/"manosphere" videos on the internet (which is a real feat). He used to make equally awkward videos explaining "LW 101" kind of stuff.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

He's like the world's most low-budget Bond villain.

The first time I saw him I thought he looked like a crappy version of Kane from Command and Conquer.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
His suit don't fit.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

point of return posted:

The first time I saw him I thought he looked like a crappy version of Kane from Command and Conquer.

Didn't he say that was his intent at some point?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
When Justine Tunney is the sanest part of your posse, you done hosed up.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Middle guy's face is beggin' for an avataring.

Solstice
Mar 12, 2002

Non-violent for the entire family!

Why would those high quality men associate with such a homely broad?

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I still can't get over that video of Aurini where he's ranting about Anita Sarkeesian, and he has a glass of scotch in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

The video is somewhere close to ten minutes long. In this video, he takes a single kiddie puff of the cigarette and doesn't touch the Scotch at all. He spends more time in that video lighting cigarettes than smoking them, because they keep going out or burning down. It's like he's seen that these are "manly" things on Mad Men but he doesn't actually like them.

Also with that moustache he looks like John Waters' evil twin.

Who is Justine Tunney? Never heard of her.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Who is Justine Tunney? Never heard of her.

Justine Tunney is a trans woman who was involved early on in Occupy Wall Street. Various personality conflicts led her to leave the movement and join the Dark Enlightenment - she had a series of tweets to the effect of "just wait, all you people who were mean to nerds in high school, WE'LL SHOW YOU." She is probably one of the most publicly visible NRx people, and works at Google. A BIG dust-up happened in NRx-land because it is full of neo-Nazis and other horrible social conservatives who tend to not welcome trans people with open arms. They continuously described her as a "he" and used all manner of incredibly ugly language to describe her. She also had a huge fight with GBS, as I understand it. Eventually her boss at Google told her to shut up because she was drawing so much internet backdrafting from extreme rightists and leftists of varying stripes.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

If the Dark Enlightenment proves anything it's that some people weren't bullied enough.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Soylent Pudding posted:

If the Dark Enlightenment proves anything it's that some people weren't bullied enough.

By "some people" you mean the Jews and the Blacks, right? just kidding.

But seriously, take a look at these statistics, I think you will find them enlightening...

HBD4LYFE

Byde
Apr 15, 2013

by Lowtax
Is Alex Kiergegaard/icycalm an established Dark Enlightenment person? I know somebody actually made an Dark Enlightenment card pic or something at one point, but for obvious reasons like keeping my sanity I can't be arsed to go check through hell itself to find it.

If anybody is insane enough, there's this prelude to his "magnum opus", also known as the the worst page on the internet right :nms:here:nms:, if I linked it right.

He also stole a bunch of money via auction fraud long ago, just to get an idea of what he's like without having to go to that link to figure out his true fake-Nietzschen self.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Byde posted:

Is Alex Kiergegaard/icycalm an established Dark Enlightenment person? I know somebody actually made an Dark Enlightenment card pic or something at one point, but for obvious reasons like keeping my sanity I can't be arsed to go check through hell itself to find it.

If anybody is insane enough, there's this prelude to his "magnum opus", also known as the the worst page on the internet right :nms:here:nms:, if I linked it right.

He also stole a bunch of money via auction fraud long ago, just to get an idea of what he's like without having to go to that link to figure out his true fake-Nietzschen self.

Part of me finds it loving hilarious that someone thought taking Kierkegaard's name on as a pseudonym was a good idea. Especially when his personal philosophy is so violently opposite to good ol' Sĝren's writing. Let's compare:

Kierkegaard: The ultimate establishment of meaning is in reconciling the irrationality of faith with the human condition.

Fake Kierkegaard: Let's totally misread Nietzsche!

Kierkegaard: While faith is the highest point, man can be satisfied with the Ethical or Aesthetic if they are to pursue it fully.

Fake Kierkegaard: I am an ubermensch, so wire fraud is cool.

Kierkegaard: Pseudonym, irony, and the blurring of authorial identity and viewpoint leads to internal argumentation within philosophy, allowing for a richer discourse.

Fake Kierkegaard: Morality is for suckers!

Part of me really wonders how much actual philosophy these dorks read, and how much they're trying to Cargo Cult into existence by being contrarian idiots.

At the least, I've never wanted to bludgeon someone with a copy of Either/Or as much as I do now.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Byde posted:

No and you bring him up in like, every thread.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Chocolate Teapot posted:

I find the contrast of an admittedly well-drawn picture captioned with "urgh loving muslims" pretty loving hilarious myself.

It's because they stole the picture from something else while the caption is home grown.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

. . . is it me or does the guy in the middle look like Count Orlok?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Pulsedragon posted:

. . . is it me or does the guy in the middle look like Count Orlok?

A little more rat than bat, but sure.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
Aurini is apparently "retired military" having been trained in the Canadian Armed Forces.

Ha.

Ha ha ha.

No.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

UnoriginalMind posted:

Aurini is apparently "retired military" having been trained in the Canadian Armed Forces.

Ha.

Ha ha ha.

No.

How many confirmed kills does he have?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

bartlebyshop posted:

Justine Tunney is a trans woman who was involved early on in Occupy Wall Street. Various personality conflicts led her to leave the movement and join the Dark Enlightenment - she had a series of tweets to the effect of "just wait, all you people who were mean to nerds in high school, WE'LL SHOW YOU." She is probably one of the most publicly visible NRx people, and works at Google. A BIG dust-up happened in NRx-land because it is full of neo-Nazis and other horrible social conservatives who tend to not welcome trans people with open arms. They continuously described her as a "he" and used all manner of incredibly ugly language to describe her. She also had a huge fight with GBS, as I understand it. Eventually her boss at Google told her to shut up because she was drawing so much internet backdrafting from extreme rightists and leftists of varying stripes.

She claimed she was the leader of Occupy Wall Street because she owns its twitter :psyduck:

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

She claimed she was the leader of Occupy Wall Street because she owns its twitter :psyduck:

Hahaha

Kind of puts the whole Occupy movement in perspective; Occupy was started by an insane guy who thought he was a woman who apparently hates real women, the Tea Party was started by a successful Trader & News commentator.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST) - RETRACTED BECAUSE THIS POST IS ANCIENT, WHOOPS

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Is she the same one who said Obama should appoint some random silicon valley CEO to be president of America or was that a different crazy person?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Barudak posted:

Is she the same one who said Obama should appoint some random silicon valley CEO to be president of America or was that a different crazy person?

"Obama should appoint my boss, Eric Schmidt, as CEO of America!"

e: Oh right, I think she also once said something like "A lot of techies are autistic, so if you hate techies than you hate autistic people!"

Jerry Manderbilt has a new favorite as of 03:25 on Oct 15, 2014

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

When Justine Tunney is the sanestmost well dressed part of your posse, you done hosed up.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Narciss posted:

Hahaha

Kind of puts the whole Occupy movement in perspective; Occupy was started by an insane guy who thought he was a woman who apparently hates real women, the Tea Party was started by a successful Trader & News commentator.

C'mon man, we can rip on Justine Tunney for good reasons, let's leave her gender identity out of it.

She does support crazy misandrists though, which I was unaware of. It's a layer cake of loving bonkers!

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
PYF Dark Enlightenment Thinker: It's a layer cake of loving bonkers!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

UnoriginalMind posted:

C'mon man, we can rip on Justine Tunney for good reasons, let's leave her gender identity out of it.

She does support crazy misandrists though, which I was unaware of. It's a layer cake of loving bonkers!

Misandrists? Not sure what you're getting at there, unless you're making a jab at some of the assumptions about gender some of the (even) creepier MRAs cling to.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

UnoriginalMind posted:

You mean misogynists?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
MRAs use the concept of sexism against men as a boogeyman to justify their crazy, spiteful attitudes toward women. Therefore, crazy, spiteful attitudes toward men cannot ever exist, and certainly not on the Internet, where everyone is level-headed and understanding.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

MRAs use the concept of sexism against men as a boogeyman to justify their crazy, spiteful attitudes toward women. Therefore, crazy, spiteful attitudes toward men cannot ever exist, and certainly not on the Internet, where everyone is level-headed and understanding.

I mean, I get that it's possible that she hangs out with dedicated man-haters (and holy crap is this not the place to have an argument over whether misandry is an actual thing or not), but when you're a neo-fascist who was just pictured with a couple of MRA propagandists, it does rather point to you sharing in one particular form of sexism.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

UnoriginalMind posted:

That's Narciss, dude. He's been gimmickposting in PYF for ages.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, I get that it's possible that she hangs out with dedicated man-haters (and holy crap is this not the place to have an argument over whether misandry is an actual thing or not), but when you're a neo-fascist who was just pictured with a couple of MRA propagandists, it does rather point to you sharing in one particular form of sexism.
Ah, that makes sense. I'd assumed that "misandrists" was the intended word, because it's pretty hard to switch those two antonyms accidentally, but I guess that it's more likely for UnoriginalMind to have made a bizarre mistake than it is for rabid man- and woman-haters to have willingly smiled together for the same picture.

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 00:21 on Oct 16, 2014

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Ah, that makes sense. I'd assumed that "misandrists" was the intended word, because it's pretty hard to switch those two antonyms accidentally, but I guess that it's more likely for UnoriginalMind to have made a bizarre mistake than it is for rabid man- and woman-haters to have willingly smiled together for the same picture.

I was figuring that the 'neo-fascist' bit was important as well. Kinder, Küche, Kirche and all that.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Eventually crazy tends to loop round and join back up at various points.

I think the title of these guys could be changed to "Dork Enlightenment" and it would change approximately bugger and all.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Is race realism racist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCaxQXVHMp0

This guy gesticulates for almost two minutes before taking a drag off his cigarette and did not have a single sip of whatever he was drinking for the for 4 or 5 minutes that I watched before clicking x. Really good, insightful poo poo. I am glad he is using his intellectual powers to collaborate with Justine Tunney.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Swan Oat posted:

Is race realism racist?

This guy gesticulates for almost two minutes before taking a drag off his cigarette and did not have a single sip of whatever he was drinking for the for 4 or 5 minutes that I watched before clicking x. Really good, insightful poo poo. I am glad he is using his intellectual powers to collaborate with Justine Tunney.

The fact that it still has more likes than dislikes makes me sad :smith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Swan Oat posted:

Is race realism racist?

God bless Aurini. Every video I see of him is just more and more ridiculous. It's like he's trying to go through a whole set of Captain Planet villains before the year is out. That poor whiskey though.

Davis Aurini posted:

Incidentally, I bought the fancy cigarette case because of the gross pictures they just introduced to our cigarette packs. It has an embossed motorcycle on the cover.
Oh my god he's adorable.