Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Jack Gladney posted:

You mean misogynists?

Indeed! My mistake. Oh god I sound like one of them.

Small Frozen Thing posted:

That's Narciss, dude. He's been gimmickposting in PYF for ages.

I am twice a fool!

Aurini strikes me as the strangest kind of guy. He talks about misandry and blah blah blah, but he's obviously projecting a masculine image for the sake of projecting it. The scotch, cigarette case, military service (that was barely worth mentioning.) It's all window dressing that, in a feminist world, he would never need to define himself by. Surreal.

UnoriginalMind has a new favorite as of 16:06 on Oct 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

UnoriginalMind posted:

Indeed! My mistake. Oh god I sound like one of them.

I am twice a fool!

Aurini strikes me as the strangest kind of guy. He talks about misandry and blah blah blah, but he's obviously projecting a masculine image for the sake of projecting it. The scotch, cigarette case, military service (that was barely worth mentioning.) It's all window dressing that, in a feminist world, he would never need to define himself by. Surreal.

My experience as a fag is that the dudes who hate me the most are always the ones most invested in the idea of the man as the rugged provider and head of household. It comes from investing your personal worth into being a man, rather than anything you have personally achieved. People like Aurini are threatened by feminism precisely because it steals their one great accomplishment, being born with a penis.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Political Whores posted:

My experience as a fag is that the dudes who hate me the most are always the ones most invested in the idea of the man as the rugged provider and head of household. It comes from investing your personal worth into being a man, rather than anything you have personally achieved. People like Aurini are threatened by feminism precisely because it steals their one great accomplishment, being born with a penis.

That makes a lot of sense. The masculine is all he has. Based his whole life around it. drat.

Oh my god that loving hat. It's like the omni-fedora, possessor of all fedoras. It is the genetic master of all fedoras; their genes belong to him, and his will is their law. Praise to the omni-fedora.

Man, I miss hats. Seems like you can't wear one these days without looking ridiculous.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does he have a Neanderthal skull on his shelf? To match the one on his shoulders?

Also, he finally takes a drink at 11 minutes. I had to watch it on mute.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
It's not even like drinking scotch is terribly difficult. Place scotch in mouth. Enjoy. Swallow. Is he afraid of the burn or something? If so, he's a pansy because you don't feel the burn at all after the first couple of sips.

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
Dude had to ash the cig after like 40 seconds because he was waving it around so much. Seems like he needs an older brother to teach him how to be cool.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

We can't all be the cool guys, with their alcohol and cigarettes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWZF1O3DGFY

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

UnoriginalMind posted:

C'mon man, we can rip on Justine Tunney for good reasons, let's leave her gender identity out of it.

She does support crazy misandrists though, which I was unaware of. It's a layer cake of loving bonkers!

Also believes that welfare could be replaced with Soylent, the food replacement. She literally wants the poor to subsist on gruel.

Guardian article: "The tech utopia nobody wants: why the world nerds are creating will be awful."

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Stottie Kyek posted:

Also believes that welfare could be replaced with Soylent, the food replacement. She literally wants the poor to subsist on gruel.

Guardian article: "The tech utopia nobody wants: why the world nerds are creating will be awful."

Great article. I've been saying it for years, nerds ruin everything.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

You'd think the constant bullying would have given them sympathy with others, but it turns out that crippling social phobias and physical weakness were the only things keeping nerds from instituting a reactionary fascist utopia.

Republican jocks have been keeping us safe all this time, it turns out.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Jack Gladney posted:

Republican jocks have been keeping us safe all this time, it turns out.

You're welcome. :patriot:

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?
All this talk about Aurini, and no one posted his masterpiece? For shame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJSGc2ylZe4

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

"But but when society breaks down my authoritarian thugs will put me in power because I'm white and work for Google!!!"

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

ChipNDip posted:

"I'm against censorship. The exchange of ideas must be free! Either it's all okay to say or none of it's okay!"

*disables Youtube comments*

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Welcome to Phalanx, "a reactionary fraternity for the cultivation of masculine virtue and the development of social and moral capital." They plan to do such stirring masculine activities as "wing each other and support Patriarchy in our relationships" but also "study practical skills like coding, fixing stuff" and "history and old books."

What's the over/under on how long it takes one of these guys to contract a horrible disease from "testosterone" he had shipped from an internet pharmacy?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

bartlebyshop posted:

Welcome to Phalanx, "a reactionary fraternity for the cultivation of masculine virtue and the development of social and moral capital." They plan to do such stirring masculine activities as "wing each other and support Patriarchy in our relationships" but also "study practical skills like coding, fixing stuff" and "history and old books."

What's the over/under on how long it takes one of these guys to contract a horrible disease from "testosterone" he had shipped from an internet pharmacy?

0 days. I'm guessing there's fair odds it's already happened to one of them.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

But what will the others do once one of them posts his manifesto and goes off to shoot up the local mall food court? How far does phalanx bro-hood extend?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

bartlebyshop posted:

quote:

Phalanx is not about collective action or activism in the perverse leftist sense.

I've always loved it when people say poo poo like this. It's basically saying "We don't need to promote and make our case for what we believe in; anyone who isn't a feminized, liberal pussy will recognize our greatness and will be begging to come into our fold." Or to put it another way:

quote:

The plan is not to directly engage, but to become dangerously strong.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

This entry was posted in Action, Institutions, Neoreactionary by Nyan Sandwich. Bookmark the permalink.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Every time I see these kinds of communities I get tempted to make a gay fascist manifesto gimmick.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

ChipNDip posted:

ahahahaha loving lol this is the best thing. So many hats!

J. Alfred Prufrock
Sep 9, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVUY01SkXzo

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
You know the man, now see the movie

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
I'll be honest, I can watch about a minute of these videos before I just get super embarrassed for them and shut it off.

"I like to consider myself a street intellectual" - Justine Tunney

Oh god I can't I just can't someone do it for me.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
That opening disclaimer is hilarious. "I need to work on the audio." No, you loving dolt, it sounds like you're interviewing from a shotgun mic mounted on the camera. No matter what you do, it's always going to sound echo-y. You hosed up. Maybe go back and re-shoot with a boom or some lavs. God knows you have plenty of Patreon money.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Song For The Deaf posted:

That opening disclaimer is hilarious. "I need to work on the audio." No, you loving dolt, it sounds like you're interviewing from a shotgun mic mounted on the camera. No matter what you do, it's always going to sound echo-y. You hosed up. Maybe go back and re-shoot with a boom or some lavs. God knows you have plenty of Patreon money.

Natural aristocrats such as them are too refined to care about decent sound production.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Has anyone said Nick Land? Because Nick Land.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Song For The Deaf posted:

All while railing on game journalists for not knowing what they're doing. Also lol at "Are you left, right or Libertarian?"

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Maybe by rework the audio he means redo all the interviews but with people who are not complete loving idiots with nothing of value to say.

I volunteer to be interviewed by the deep voiced bald Aurini man.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Political Whores posted:

Nails Aurini. But what is Justine getting out of all of this?

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Dean of Swing posted:

She might just be a lovely person.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

Dean of Swing posted:

Tunney basically runs on pure contrarianism, give it a couple years and she'll be into primitivism or eating her own poo poo in public or some loving thing.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Dean of Swing posted:

I feel like she's buying into a culture in the Bay Area that thinks :siren: Technologists Will Save The World :siren:. Who doesn't want to be the hero of the story? Who doesn't want to be Superman?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I like Justine's Kwashiorkor gut.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

UnoriginalMind posted:

I feel like she's buying into a culture in the Bay Area that thinks :siren: Technologists Will Save The World :siren:. Who doesn't want to be the hero of the story? Who doesn't want to be Superman?

She's also big into the flipside of this, We Will Stomp on You as You Stomped On Us. A bunch of these NRx people are in to it because when the King returns from under the mountain and restores Patriarchy, he'll force Jenny the hot cheerleader from 11th grade to get married them.

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program

Danger posted:

Has anyone said Nick Land? Because Nick Land.

For people who aren't familiar with his origins, he basically turned his/Sadie Plant's research unit in the 90s at Warwick into a Deleuze/jungle music cult:

http://energyflashbysimonreynolds.blogspot.com/2009/11/renegade-academia-cybernetic-culture.html

After being (obviously) run out for that he disappeared for a few years before re-emerging as a travel writer-cum-racist blogger in China. From Bataille to brain mass biotruths, or something like that.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

"I tried to make Occupy as ideologically inclusive to as many groups as possible."

Yeah, that worked out real well for Occupy.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

1stGear posted:

"I tried to make Occupy as ideologically inclusive to as many groups as possible."

Yeah, that worked out real well for Occupy.
That quote's an interesting cognitive pretzel pretty much any way you look at it, since she's apparently trying to take personal credit for the ideological direction of an ostensibly populist movement. We are the 99%, but some of us are more 99% than others.

Lemur Crisis
May 6, 2009

What will you do?
Where can you run?

Well you can't argue with the facts. loving SJWs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

SubG posted:

That quote's an interesting cognitive pretzel pretty much any way you look at it, since she's apparently trying to take personal credit for the ideological direction of an ostensibly populist movement. We are the 99%, but some of us are more 99% than others.

She uses the words "I" and "my" as frequently as all other words. Did she actually have anything to do with Occupy?