Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Why is he sporting an Australian military badge, and filming from within a Gotham City brothel?

coyo7e has a new favorite as of 23:30 on Nov 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He gives a pretty direct threat at the end of that video to "take civilization back" from women and black people at the end, right after complaining that nobody's offered him a job for doing his youtube videos, even though he works really hard on them. I think he's going into spree shooter territory.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Jack Gladney posted:

He gives a pretty direct threat at the end of that video to "take civilization back" from women and black people at the end, right after complaining that nobody's offered him a job for doing his youtube videos, even though he works really hard on them. I think he's going into spree shooter territory.
Would you mind posting the timestamp? I don't think I can stomach the entire video.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

coyo7e posted:

Would you mind posting the timestamp? I don't think I can stomach the entire video.

It's about 16 minutes in.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

Jack Gladney posted:

It's about 16 minutes in.

Is that before or after he claims that women and black people have never built anything, and contribute nothing to civilization? I know it's silly given that I watched the video first but. . .

That doesn't mean I want to watch it again.

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!
Has this been linked yet?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Jack Gladney posted:

Ahahahahahah

Skip to 1:20 in, when Aurini starts talking and it is completely impossible to hear what he is saying. This was a paid update for patrons of their movie.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

1stGear posted:

Ahahahahahah

Skip to 1:20 in, when Aurini starts talking and it is completely impossible to hear what he is saying. This was a paid update for patrons of their movie.

How could anyone watch this and think "This is a good use of my money, I have made a correct decision."

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
Hasn't his Patreon been hemorrhaging money?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pulsedragon posted:

How could anyone watch this and think "This is a good use of my money, I have made a correct decision."
Pretty easily, if you're the kind of person that would sincerely give Count Orlok and Slopgut Tinyface there money. As long as they mention how icky girls are from time to time you're probably fine.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Pulsedragon posted:

Is that before or after he claims that women and black people have never built anything, and contribute nothing to civilization? I know it's silly given that I watched the video first but. . .

That doesn't mean I want to watch it again.

He should have a look at Ancient African Kingdoms, For Kids. Lots of information, pitched at his level of understanding.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Stottie Kyek posted:

He should have a look at Ancient African Kingdoms, For Kids. Lots of information, pitched at his level of understanding.

It's always been amazing to me how much the idea of "darkest Africa", as in a land of savages without history, took hold of people considering that the Berlin conference was in 1884 and states like Dahomey and the Asante kingdom are only overtaken by the colonial powers in the late 1890s/early 1900's. It's not like these times are lost in the misty depths of history, there's loving photo evidence of complex societies available on the internet right now.

Political Whores has a new favorite as of 14:59 on Nov 3, 2014

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
He just doesn't want to admit that one of the richest men in human history was a black Muslim.

Political Whores posted:

It's always been amazing to me how much the idea of "darkest Africa", as in a land of savages without history, took hold of people considering that the Berlin conference was in 1884 and states like Dahomey and the Asante kingdom are only overtaken by the colonial powers in the late 1890s/early 1900's. It's not like these times are lost in the misty depths of history, there's loving photo evidence of complex societies available on the internet right now.

It's mostly due to Eurocentrism. People like Aurini don't accept that those societies were complex because they lack socio-cultural values common in Western societies.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Political Whores posted:

It really is a drat shame.

For those interested in some interesting scholarship on this subject that has gotten the author death threats in response, check out: http://medievalpoc.tumblr.com/

(I know, I know, it's on Tumblr, but the author is pretty chill and really does their homework)

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Also, Aurini passed going into spree shooter territory a long time ago.

Its weird how people like him are the "silent majority" and yet his Patreon is still at about 7000 dollars after two months when Anita blew past that in less than 24 hours.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Spoilers Below posted:

It really is a drat shame.

For those interested in some interesting scholarship on this subject that has gotten the author death threats in response, check out: http://medievalpoc.tumblr.com/

(I know, I know, it's on Tumblr, but the author is pretty chill and really does their homework)

Isn't that the person who claims Beethoven was black?

Also, Aurini is creepy as hell, even watching with the sound off.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

1stGear posted:

Also, Aurini passed going into spree shooter territory a long time ago.

Its weird how people like him are the "silent majority" and yet his Patreon is still at about 7000 dollars after two months when Anita blew past that in less than 24 hours.

It's just more proof that he is the real oppressed minority while dominant women like Anita Sarkeesian get jobs because their youtube videos show competent and dynamic lighting, editing, camera-work, and postproduction. In distinction, he is unfairly persecuted because his poorly lit, single-take monologues haven't gotten him noticed as a competent filmmaker, irrespective of the fact that he has no training or practical experience in film. Also she's smart and has a formal education while he's a college dropout who doesn't understand why women back away from him whenever he tries his sick seduction moves on them.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Double post, so I'll also say that the widespread disgust at his disgusting ideas is also proof of how badly persecuted he must be.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Tujague posted:

This sounds like somebody drank a bunch of kerosene and then tried to invent a fantasy backstory for Farmville.

I can't believe I missed this post from the first page. Amazing.

Also, I was unaware that Aurini was a dropout, but that makes sense. Anyone know what he studied? Maybe he paid for his schooling with all that money he made in the :canada: CANADIAN MILITARY :canada:

He was in the military, wasn't he? For like a year? I imagine he killed fitty men. With his fists. While smoking.

UnoriginalMind has a new favorite as of 19:34 on Nov 3, 2014

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Silver2195 posted:

Also, Aurini is creepy as hell, even watching with the sound off.

It's the opposite for me. He looks creepy, but when he opens his mouth he's just a stupid terrible nerd.

SodomyGoat101
Nov 20, 2012
That faint lisp just completely fucks up his manly credibility. Any bets that his scotch-and-cigarettes routine is a feeble attempt to give him a more masculine vocal pattern?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Silver2195 posted:

Derail: Yeah, and they got rightfully burned for it, finally smouldering to "Well, German is a nationality not a race, and he might probably be considered mulatto today because he was kinda swarthy and you should probably pay attention to other composers of color *grumble grumble*", which, fair enough, I guess. Note that no music historians consider this theory seriously at all, though it has cropped up regularly for years and years.

http://www.academia.edu/4074689/Black_Beethoven_and_the_Racial_Politics_of_Music_History

quote:

The logic goes something like this: Beethoven’s family, by way of his mother, traced its roots to Flanders, which was for sometime under Spanish monarchical rule, and because Spain maintained a longstanding historical connection to North Africa through the Moors, somehow a single germ of blackness trickled down to our beloved Ludwig. This very theory—that Beethoven was descended from the Moors—has re-appeared in several works throughout the twentieth century. Jamaican historian Joel Augustus Rogers (1880–1966) popularized this theory in several writings around midcentury, but the birth of the myth can be traced back further to approximately 1915 or even earlier according to music historian Dominique-René de Lerma, the world’s leading scholar on classical composers of color. Rogers asserted [...] that Beethoven—in addition to Thomas Jefferson, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Robert Browning, and several popes, among others—was genealogically African and thus black.

The rest of the art history in the blog is still a nice palliative when compared to the "Only white people lived in Europe, all blacks were slaves" thing. /derail

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

SodomyGoat101 posted:

That faint lisp just completely fucks up his manly credibility. Any bets that his scotch-and-cigarettes routine is a feeble attempt to give him a more masculine vocal pattern?

1:1

Going by his reactions, it's the only possible reason he's doing it.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
These people seem very easy to scam. Like you could make thousands and thousands of dollars scamming these people

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Aurini is so clearly a nerd who is pretending to bat way above his average. His life would be improved if he actually left his home and attempted to engage with people with the intention of learning about who they fundamentally are rather than sitting in front of a webcam while pretending to enjoy cigarettes and whiskey for half an hour.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Silver2195 posted:

I don't know enough about Beethoven's ancestors to know if he was black, it seems like it could be possible. Alexandre Dumas was definitely black, though. As was his father (also named Alexandre Dumas,) who was also the highest-ranked black military officer in the the history of the Western world until, well, Colin Powell...

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
Similarly, Alexander Pushkin, who is considered to be the greatest Russian poet of all time if not the greatest Russian writer. Wikipedia says his great-grandfather was brought over from Africa, so that makes him 1/4 of African descent, right? I never read him, but a professor of mine specialized in his work and mentioned that his heritage was pretty well known and people often made fun of his lips. In response, he dueled people all the time.

Goodness, an important part of western culture being influenced by Africa?! UNSPEAKABLE.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Maybe someone should start a thread about black people who did cool things or who people generally don't realize were black (if there's not one already), "PYF Black People Who Did Neat Things" or something. I'd be interested in it - I read a biography on Dumas a recently (The Black Count) and it was really interesting, and I had no idea that Dumas was black - I just thought he had crazy Einstein hair or something.

I'd certainly get more entertainment and edification out of that thread than watching hours of Aurini's videos. ;)

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
PYF POC POI would be a cool thread.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Jack Gladney posted:

Double post, so I'll also say that the widespread disgust at his disgusting ideas is also proof of how badly persecuted he must be.
...Kinda like Robert Lopez being persecuted by the LGBT inquisition?

UnoriginalMind posted:

I can't believe I missed this post from the first page. Amazing.

Also, I was unaware that Aurini was a dropout, but that makes sense. Anyone know what he studied? Maybe he paid for his schooling with all that money he made in the :canada: CANADIAN MILITARY :canada:

He was in the military, wasn't he? For like a year? I imagine he killed fitty men. With his fists. While smoking.
Weirdly (to my uneducated american mindset, which sees Canada as the land of happy friendly people who smoke lots of pot,) I've run into a LOT of Canadian military or ex-military who were really, really outspoken racists. Like "holy poo poo did he really just say that about black people? AND follow it up by talking about beating 'injuns' to death as a joke?"

There seems to be some serious racial tension in that country.

coyo7e has a new favorite as of 22:50 on Nov 3, 2014

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Wales Grey posted:

PYF POC POI would be a cool thread.

PYF dark, enlightenment thinker

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013
Oh lord I ended up on that Lopez guy's blog.

And it sure is a trip,

And he has essays on parenting. This is the first of them. I had trouble handling it. I'm not sure I can tank the rest.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

So he's a gay guy who things gays shouldn't be allowed to raise children?

SodomyGoat101
Nov 20, 2012
Apparently he was raised by lesbians and hates them for "depriving him of a father". Also apparently DADT was the only thing saving his precious booty from being ravaged by predatory gays?

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013
No he was raised by lesbians. He's a bisexual dude with a wife. Because you need to have a man and a woman to have a child.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Oh man he has a "guest article" about anti-LGBT protests in HK and Taiwan. This'll be fun. I skimmed it already and def. want to say two things: 1) these assholes are a tiiiiiiiiiiiiny minority that no-one takes seriously in Taiwan, and 2):

quote:

As a translator I can smell that the whole LGBT agenda is in fact an imperial expansion, especially when you look at language. I once doubted my translating skills, as whenever I translate LGBT-related news, I have never found a good way to translate the English words "couple" and "parent(s)" into Chinese
As a translator I can smell that you're loving terrible at it. (e.g., "parents" is 雙親, and I don't even translate into the language)

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

coyo7e posted:

...Kinda like Robert Lopez being persecuted by the LGBT inquisition?

Weirdly (to my uneducated american mindset, which sees Canada as the land of happy friendly people who smoke lots of pot,) I've run into a LOT of Canadian military or ex-military who were really, really outspoken racists. Like "holy poo poo did he really just say that about black people? AND follow it up by talking about beating 'injuns' to death as a joke?"

There seems to be some serious racial tension in that country.

You don't know the half of it. I could make a whole thread about the hosed up race relations here in Canada. Canadian history is a long story about a country's quest to get rid of the First Nations, or failing that, at least getting them out of sight. The short version is that First Nations in Canada are the rough equivalent of blacks in the States (Ghettoization, high incarceration rate, incredibly high suicide rate, reservations without running water, and so on), and we are just as insane about Muslims. Of course, the only reason the modern United States isn't quite so anti First Nations is because they killed enough for them not to be considered a threat to the average rich white guy.

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 10:41 on Nov 4, 2014

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013
Having just tracked down that article, the more I read of this guy the more his protests about not being someone who helps promote anti-gay movements worldwide is more absurd than ever. Like, there he brags about translating an anti-gay speech.

The doublethink required for this boggles my mind.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Here's Aurini failing to be funny: http://youtu.be/LX_pu326mWU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

Arivia posted:

Here's Aurini failing to be funny: http://youtu.be/LX_pu326mWU

I can kind of see where the jokes are supposed to be.

Instead of laughing I'm hemorrhaging into my brain though.

Pulsedragon has a new favorite as of 16:52 on Nov 4, 2014