Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

UnoriginalMind posted:

C'mon man, we can rip on Justine Tunney for good reasons, let's leave her gender identity out of it.

She does support crazy misandrists though, which I was unaware of. It's a layer cake of loving bonkers!

You mean misogynists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does he have a Neanderthal skull on his shelf? To match the one on his shoulders?

Also, he finally takes a drink at 11 minutes. I had to watch it on mute.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

You'd think the constant bullying would have given them sympathy with others, but it turns out that crippling social phobias and physical weakness were the only things keeping nerds from instituting a reactionary fascist utopia.

Republican jocks have been keeping us safe all this time, it turns out.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

But what will the others do once one of them posts his manifesto and goes off to shoot up the local mall food court? How far does phalanx bro-hood extend?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

SubG posted:

That quote's an interesting cognitive pretzel pretty much any way you look at it, since she's apparently trying to take personal credit for the ideological direction of an ostensibly populist movement. We are the 99%, but some of us are more 99% than others.

She uses the words "I" and "my" as frequently as all other words. Did she actually have anything to do with Occupy?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

11 minutes of not inhaling. I wonder how he feels about the cigarette tax.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I wonder how Davis feels about bilingual signage and government services. Do Canadians have to master French to serve in the army?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They're developing their own cargo-cult scholarship, just like the creationists. That's adorable. I can't wait for the first meta-study on the evolutionary consequences of those haughty bitches not giving it up to me like I deserve.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does anyone have the video where he complains about girls in high school laughing at him? It goes really well with his grown-up play-acting cigarette pantomime.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He gives a pretty direct threat at the end of that video to "take civilization back" from women and black people at the end, right after complaining that nobody's offered him a job for doing his youtube videos, even though he works really hard on them. I think he's going into spree shooter territory.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

coyo7e posted:

Would you mind posting the timestamp? I don't think I can stomach the entire video.

It's about 16 minutes in.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

1stGear posted:

Also, Aurini passed going into spree shooter territory a long time ago.

Its weird how people like him are the "silent majority" and yet his Patreon is still at about 7000 dollars after two months when Anita blew past that in less than 24 hours.

It's just more proof that he is the real oppressed minority while dominant women like Anita Sarkeesian get jobs because their youtube videos show competent and dynamic lighting, editing, camera-work, and postproduction. In distinction, he is unfairly persecuted because his poorly lit, single-take monologues haven't gotten him noticed as a competent filmmaker, irrespective of the fact that he has no training or practical experience in film. Also she's smart and has a formal education while he's a college dropout who doesn't understand why women back away from him whenever he tries his sick seduction moves on them.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Double post, so I'll also say that the widespread disgust at his disgusting ideas is also proof of how badly persecuted he must be.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Wales Grey posted:

PYF POC POI would be a cool thread.

PYF dark, enlightenment thinker

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If your goal is to educate people outside of Canada, you're more of an insider than probably 95% of the thread.

As an obnoxious arrogant cowboy American, I have always been really curious about how Canada understands and deals with both race and racism. Like, how does Aurini get along with his fellow citizens? I have heard that there are vocal MRA groups at universities there, which shocks the poo poo out of me because even Americans at school shout that down or just don't know about it. Is he part of a larger domestic culture of urban racists?

And what about hate speech laws? What would it take to get him censored or fined?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Arivia posted:

Unsurprisingly he's a Doctor Who fan. Surprisingly that cowboy hat may actually be making him look better: http://www.uiargonaut.com/2014/09/11/arg-reviews-doctor-who-robot-of-sherwood-series-8-episode-3/

He looks like he's 15 and Alfred E Neuman, yet still the most attractive reactionary in the thread:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does this one count?

http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/13/the-waronnerds-how-far-left-feminists-and-the-media-created-gamergate/

I can't copy-paste the text, but he thinks that nerds giving people over video games is just revenge on all those women who date disgusting, hateful nerds.

He's on the board of directors for an anti-gay marriage group:

http://www.freedomtomarry.org/yc/profile/mytheos-holt/

Feels oppressed by the existence of gay people and requests that college students not commit rape:

http://www.academia.org/elegy-for-wesleyan/

Believes stolen nude photos of celebrities are the front line of protected free speech:

http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/16/rip-the-fappening-reddits-bastion-of-free-speech-dies-an-indecent-death/

Made an argument about Trayvon Martin being a juvenile delinquent that was so dumb that Glenn Beck deleted it from his website:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/21/the-blaze-site-founded-by_n_1370843.html

We've finally grown our own American Aurini.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Are your friends going for like a Biff-from-the-bad-timeline look too? Because that would actually be pretty boss. Your friends would also probably need to stuff way less newspaper into the shoulders of their blazers than this guy, although his dad probably only lets him play dress-up with the old ones he doesn't need any more.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Sham bam bamina! posted:

What about Aurini?

Kid brother trailing along behind begging to be part of the gang.

Who's Aurini's fat friend who films himself in the tub?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Chocolate Teapot posted:

The question relates to names like "dark (x)" or "evil (y)" etc. They all appear to have a common origin, whatever that might be; adolescent attempts to quickly impress upon total strangers?

An adolescent drive to feel powerful by exerting control over something dangerous. I bet that a lot of them tent their fingers laugh maniacally to themselves when alone or in small groups, self-consciously emulating the supervillians they probably still read about each week at the comic book store.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Here they are in their native habitat:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkEnlightenment/comments/2jsmz6/people_on_the_fence_about_de_or_who_are/

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it's pretty obviously what Aurini's getting at

I was thinking more along the lines of slaughtering hordes of dark-skinned savages with a broadsword.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I like how reactos simultaneously believe

1: We are in a puritanical society that hates joy and that won't let them have any fun

2: We are in a disgusting decadent hedonistic society that allows too much

Stop making it so hard: they believe that they alone should be able have any kind of fun they want, and that all other people should exist only as tools to help them have fun. It is a violation of their rights to stop them from doing what they want and it is a violation of their rights to allow others to do as they want.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Dangit Ronpaul posted:

Because she thinks she and her buddies are going to be the ones gaining power.

She reminds me of a worse version of that rabbi who lived through the holocaust and then spent his life campaigning against efforts to get the names of gay holocaust victims included in memorials because he though gay people were immoral degenerates.

Trans Hitler vows that only black people and maybe Mexicans will be enslaved this time around.

Actually, does she have an opinion on gay people? It wouldn't surprise me if she just started acting as if she were always a woman and disavowed trans people after a certain point.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Baracula posted:

Hahaha sorry eugene debs you dont exist

Yes that was the general reaction when he was alive and especially for the last 70 years.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Melon heads were possible aliens I think? It was really weird and really dumb. More here http://www.koanicsoul.com/blog/reading-faces-the-eyes-are-the-windows-to-the-soul/

This is the Nation of Islam origin story of white people with the races reversed:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakub_(Nation_of_Islam)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Silver2195 posted:

Other way around. He's saying Neanderthal-descended people are the superior ones (literally because Neanderthals had prettier faces than Cro-Magnons).

There's something about autism in there too, that normals are vicious while noble autists lack the capacity for cruelty or deception.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is "Red Pill Wifery" another name for A World Called Gor [whipcrack]?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Do you think the nazis seemed this pathetic when they tried appropriating vikings and poo poo, or is it more the face that these turds are using comfortable nostalgic avatars of their bourgeois childhood to style themselves the death of liberal democracy?

Like, how scary can you be when you can't let go of your suburban home and how Dragon Ball Z helped you feel safe when you were a fat nerd who got bullied every day?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Treguna Mekoides posted:

THANK YOU. I couldn't find the source and felt a little loony trying to Google it. I thought about searching OKCupid for Dark Enlightenment buzzwords out of curiosity... but then I'd have to go onto OKCupid and search for DE buzzwords.

DO IT. This could be the start of a great new (actually funny) tumblr.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Actually, a lot of the DE people in this thread are basically just a super-suit or industrial accident away from being a supervillain if you think about it. Probably not a coincidence that most of them love comics.

But a dominatrix is probably the closest thing to a real-life supervillain that actually exists.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I mean in the ridiculous cartoon theatrical sense, as well as in terms of single-minded stupid obsessions. Like, somebody like that would fit in on the old Batman show, and DE people kind of do too insofar as they choose loving ridiculous names and want to do insane, impossible things. But they don't have lairs or costumes, even if some have codenames. The CEO of Cocoa-Cola would not, even if he's currently enacting a plot to monopolize access to potable water in a dozen countries and has hired death squads to crush unions in Guatamala.

Real loving evil masterminds from James Bond have of course ruled the world for at least 100 years and enacted evil schemes often predicted in adventure stories or old movies, but they don't flounce around in loving capes and talk in operatic, overblown language. I think Aurini would love to do that, though.

We need a more precise vocabulary to document the kind of lunacy the internet enables.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Maybe it's like those people who pay tons of money to eat panda steaks and stuff: it's a rare thing not many people can do freely.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

YOU HAVE COME TO A BLOG CALLED GOR! [Whipcrack]

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why do all these people write in that same weird affected style, like they're british people in the 70s?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That article is long but super-pro-click. Every person the author meets is simultaneously the most pathetic failure you can imagine and the hugest piece of poo poo possible. Getting dumped by your wife seems to be the number one factor in making somebody decide to hate all women forever, followed by the old entitlement/disgusting body or personality combo.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They might mean that 100% Body-Fat Danzig agreed not to bring up the fact that Lymphoma John Waters is a fascist, and Lymphoma John Waters agreed not to criticize democracy in return.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

neonnoodle posted:

If you look like a vampire, and tell the world about your plans to fight social justice...WITH A HUMAN SKULL IN THE BACKGROUND AT ALL TIMES... Congratulations!

You are literally a supervillain.

No, he's more like a poor-to-need's-work-villain. A subparvillain if you will

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does the bald one really have a girlfriend? I mean, I don't believe it, but I want her to exist because she'd have to look like the Baroness from GI Joe or something, right?

EDIT: no picture, but of course:

http://www.torontosun.com/news/alberta/2010/11/08/16039256.html

quote:

In a decision released Monday, provincial court Judge Terry Semenuk said Davis Aurini was acting in self-defence when he assaulted Amanda Lockhart during a manic episode.

Semenuk said he believed Aurini's testimony Lockhart attacked him when he rejected her attempt to kiss him after they viewed the Oscar-winning film about mental patients.

Aurini admitted pushing Lockhart and applying a pressure point to her neck in an attempt to get her to release his motorcycle helmet so he could leave.

"The force used by the accused ... when she was out of control and having a manic episode, was no more force than necessary to prevent her assault on him," Semenuk said.

"His actions were justified," the judge said, in finding Aurini was acting in self-defence.

Lockhart accused Aurini of choking her after he became angry at the conclusion of the movie.

He also threw her into the floor and punched, her, bloodying her nose, Lockhart testified.

But Semenuk accepted Aurini's version of the events - that he only applied a pressure point to her neck, a move learned in the military, to get her to give him his helmet.

"There was nothing in the demeanor of the accused that would lead me to believe that he was not endeavouring to tell the truth," Semenuk said.

Aurini, 28, said he and Lockhart were still living together, but no longer romantically involved after she had tried to jam him with a lit cigarette two weeks prior to their altercation last June.

Semenuk ruled the woman became angry with him when he refused to let her kiss him.

"Her anger turned into a manic episode as a result of her mental illness," the judge said.

"As soon as she became angry, and as a result of his past experience with the complainant's mental illness leading to violence, the accused prepared to leave the apartment," he said.

The part that surprises me the most is that he apparently has a special movie-watching helmet, although I guess that shouldn't really be a surprise.

I AM GRANDO has a new favorite as of 01:57 on Mar 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Lol gently caress that judge

It's kind of telling that he immediately launches into calling his fat buddy crazy in that chat transcript too. He keeps telling the guy that he's been hallucinating things and that he's mentally unwell. I wonder if that's his preferred method of abusive control over his victims.