Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

So he's a gay guy who things gays shouldn't be allowed to raise children?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

DemeaninDemon posted:

Some rear end in a top hat named Badger of Barsa suggested I crosspost this from DnD Chat Thread.

Here's his picture from the article in case you don't like clicking things:

Hey :mad:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Lol that someone in here is trying to defend the Futurist manifesto. Then I see it's Count Chocula and remember he did the same thing in the AusPol thread!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

The Vosgian Beast posted:

So who wants some defense of the Congo Free State?

http://www.donotlink.com/framed?603987

Here's one better: a defense of slavery by the same fine folks

http://www.donotlink.com/framed?603987

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Political Whores posted:

What I don't get is the investment. Take steampunk for example. I remember when it was first coming into vogue and thinking "oh, like Jules Verne, I can see why you might want to try that as a visual style in something". But the investment people put into play acting a faux Victorian world that makes no sense and never existed anyway is insane. It goes beyond the saddest bounds of escapism, and it is so devoid of substance or original thought that I can't understand what draws people so much. Like Woolie Wool says, the properties that hold nerds most are those that are old enough and dead enough that any sort of commentary or social/philosophical critique can be easily removed, leaving them only shallow signifiers and mountains of irrelevant facts to learn and obsess over.

Speaking of play acting as a faux Victorian: http://www.vox.com/2015/9/9/9275611/victorian-era-life

I don't think they're doing it because they hate women, but it's certainly mockworthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Patrick Spens posted:

I like DeBoer, and I usually agree with what he says. But there's this weird dynamic where he's constantly talking about how leftists need to be more pragmatic and goal oriented while never actually doing anything. Like he hasn't done any actual work when it comes to advancing leftist causes for years, but he's constantly sitting in judgement of people who are trying to do things.

This is my main problem with DeBoer. He spends an inordinate amount of time complaining about SJWs and people being mean on twitter, when I'm not really sure those things matter all that much when it comes to thinking about why leftism is not on the rise.