Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

UnoriginalMind posted:

What the gently caress is he saying here? I've gone over this like four or five times and I can't make heads or tails of this analogy he's making.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_and_Lorena_Bobbitt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

That Iron Pill bullshit resonates at exactly the right frequency of "idiot shutin fascist" that I know it can't possibly be serious and yet still get too angry reading it to finish it.

Congratulations, Internet, you found something I can't just laugh at.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Melopepo is a kind of squash, google tells me. Squash-headed, maybe?

I hope, for this guy's sake, that he's just hopelessly far up his own rear end in a top hat and not actually disabled. :smith:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

The comparison between Helldump and LF and a Maoist purge is kind of interesting, but it requires you to assume that LF was the main reason for Helldump's existence.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Oh, so THIS is what Politics and the English Language was warning us about. Orwell wept.

MizPiz posted:

So he's actually saying punching him in the face is an acceptable alternative to talking to him.

I mean, I get that you're joking, but if you punch him in the face once and he still disagrees with you, then the first bullet still holds true.

He's advocating for beating him until he changes his mind.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I want a word filter that replaces "politically correct" with "actually correct".

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Moldbug has a huge essay called "How Dawkins Got Pwned"

Obligatory:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Merdifex posted:

shades of skeleton

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Cingulate posted:

And probably almost nobody would deny the important factor the US are in Mexican cartel crime (though I'd guess the money/drugs being illegal is a much more important factor), but to argue it is actually the US, and just the US, that's to blame here is a massive, insulting, and I argue racist, denial of agency of the Mexicans involved.

Non-white people are entirely capable of being just as awful as white people, completely on their own. Of course, western-made weaponry and the legacy of colonialism help. But they're neither necessary nor sufficient.

It's not so much that white people are the unique genesis of racial prejudice, but instead because they created a world in which the practice of systemically racist national policies was necessary to compete.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Yes, because smugly invading the space of someone a full head shorter than you is definitely what the good guys do.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Nessus posted:

What if the BBC beats them and fills the Race Gap?

Oh, they'll be in and out for a while yet. Plenty of opportunities to get seconds.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Who What Now posted:

Cyber bullying is absolutely real. But someone describing how they would flip off Cingulate for being a pretentious nerd is not cyber bullying, so it's ok to agree with it this time, I think. :)

especially since it advises him to stop reading this thread

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

The Ape of Naples posted:

I clicked on that link and the images of teacupping alone tells me everything I need to know.

"What does he mean by teacupping, I'll just click here and... oh. Oh, jeez. Way to go, Mulder."

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Cingulate posted:

Yes, he is a pathetic man, a sissy, much unlike you, who would very effectively and in a masculine fashion punch people right on the nose. You're cool.

actually, forums user dickeye has a different preferred mode of violent assault

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Cingulate posted:

That sounds like morphogenetic fields and neurolinguistic programming to me - maybe it helps you personally conceptualize something you experience in your personal life, but it does not seem any more connected to actual science than yoga.

I hope I can elucidate this for you: It is a common Neoreactionary tactic to take some unsupported bias of their own and align it with some actual scientific phenomenon, usually biological, to better pretend their bias is a fact of nature. That is what Virtue Signalling is, rhetorically - taking "I don't think you're REALLY a good person" and aligning it with "you only act good because :biotruths: makes you more likely to reproduce if you do."

That is what people are trying to tell you.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Woolie Wool posted:

Assembly looks more practical than that gibberish.

Assembly is practical. It is a minimal 1-to-1 mapping of what the machine really does to some word-like things to help you see what's going on.

Hoon is an un-thought. The antithesis of consideration.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Maybe he thinks that if he refuses to identify as a white nationalist, we'll all do him the courtesy of pretending he isn't one.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Curvature of Earth posted:

Okay, you have five seconds to think of the worst possible mismatch between Nazism apologetics and religion.

Did you think of the same thing I did?

(source 1, source 2)

The world is a terrible place and I'm ashamed of my heritage just by association with this man.

"If only everyone on earth had rolled over and let Hitler do whatever he wanted, then SURELY he wouldn't have been able to organize the Holocaust. Everyone knows you can't have a Holocaust without first being at war with a foreign power who actually fights back.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

TBQH arguing from this thread to Twitter and back about which Outgroup is the most Obliviously Heterogeneous is lovely and dumb.

Groups of people normalize over time, it's just what they do. We don't hate Rev DDS for joining the Other, we hate him because he espouses terrible-rear end regressive opinions.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

how is this not the new goatse

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Can anyone tell me about the *long-term* impact of ‪#‎brexit‬? By which I mean: How does this affect DeepMind?

Okay, you beautiful animal, what's DeepMind?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Lady Naga, is it really incomprehensible to you that someone could enjoy watching dogshit movies to laugh at the incompetence of their creators? Like one might enjoy watching Davis Aurini fail to signal masculinity.

Because it's either that you stone cold cannot understand schadenfreude, or that Dickeye can't communicate except via shitposting.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

"based" means "best" imo

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

One of my well-meaning nerd friends just posted this on Facebook, describing it as having been a huge relief:

http://slatestarcodex.com/2016/11/16/you-are-still-crying-wolf/

How do I summarize what's wrong with listening SSC? I swear he's not dumb. Not this dumb, anyway.

EDIT: Thanks, guys.

LordSaturn has a new favorite as of 16:14 on Nov 23, 2016

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Just a friendly reminder that negative zero is still zero and ironic racism is still racism.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I kind of wish we weren't doing this. Make him pay the :10bux: like everybody else.

and then ban him

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

That's Admiral Grace Hopper to you, Intuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

the opening is lovely, but the gist is "the NYT claims to be exposing its viewers to the right wing, but the right wing voices it hires are dismal liberal-friendly caricatures, and the real right wing is ravening grievance politics"