Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Razorwired posted:

Her slapfight with gbs was amazing. Does anyone have a link so I can relive her declaring herself Queen poo poo of Google. Also her supervisor told her to knock off the bullshit and her Twitter went private.

Ha ha, her supervisor silenced her? That's delicious.

I've been waiting for this thread for ages. I can't get enough of the loving magic cards. How do they not realize how ridiculous that looks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
Aurini is apparently "retired military" having been trained in the Canadian Armed Forces.

Ha.

Ha ha ha.

No.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Narciss posted:

Hahaha

Kind of puts the whole Occupy movement in perspective; Occupy was started by an insane guy who thought he was a woman who apparently hates real women, the Tea Party was started by a successful Trader & News commentator.

C'mon man, we can rip on Justine Tunney for good reasons, let's leave her gender identity out of it.

She does support crazy misandrists though, which I was unaware of. It's a layer cake of loving bonkers!

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Jack Gladney posted:

You mean misogynists?

Indeed! My mistake. Oh god I sound like one of them.

Small Frozen Thing posted:

That's Narciss, dude. He's been gimmickposting in PYF for ages.

I am twice a fool!

Aurini strikes me as the strangest kind of guy. He talks about misandry and blah blah blah, but he's obviously projecting a masculine image for the sake of projecting it. The scotch, cigarette case, military service (that was barely worth mentioning.) It's all window dressing that, in a feminist world, he would never need to define himself by. Surreal.

UnoriginalMind has a new favorite as of 16:06 on Oct 16, 2014

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Political Whores posted:

My experience as a fag is that the dudes who hate me the most are always the ones most invested in the idea of the man as the rugged provider and head of household. It comes from investing your personal worth into being a man, rather than anything you have personally achieved. People like Aurini are threatened by feminism precisely because it steals their one great accomplishment, being born with a penis.

That makes a lot of sense. The masculine is all he has. Based his whole life around it. drat.

Oh my god that loving hat. It's like the omni-fedora, possessor of all fedoras. It is the genetic master of all fedoras; their genes belong to him, and his will is their law. Praise to the omni-fedora.

Man, I miss hats. Seems like you can't wear one these days without looking ridiculous.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Stottie Kyek posted:

Also believes that welfare could be replaced with Soylent, the food replacement. She literally wants the poor to subsist on gruel.

Guardian article: "The tech utopia nobody wants: why the world nerds are creating will be awful."

Great article. I've been saying it for years, nerds ruin everything.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
I'll be honest, I can watch about a minute of these videos before I just get super embarrassed for them and shut it off.

"I like to consider myself a street intellectual" - Justine Tunney

Oh god I can't I just can't someone do it for me.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Dean of Swing posted:

Nails Aurini. But what is Justine getting out of all of this?

I feel like she's buying into a culture in the Bay Area that thinks :siren: Technologists Will Save The World :siren:. Who doesn't want to be the hero of the story? Who doesn't want to be Superman?

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

What the gently caress is he saying here? I've gone over this like four or five times and I can't make heads or tails of this analogy he's making.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Ah yes. Misandry strikes again. So his argument is, if I understand this, because a woman cut a man's junk off and no one would suspect that would ever occur...women are sluts?

Clearly I need to watch the video after work.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Tujague posted:

This sounds like somebody drank a bunch of kerosene and then tried to invent a fantasy backstory for Farmville.

I can't believe I missed this post from the first page. Amazing.

Also, I was unaware that Aurini was a dropout, but that makes sense. Anyone know what he studied? Maybe he paid for his schooling with all that money he made in the :canada: CANADIAN MILITARY :canada:

He was in the military, wasn't he? For like a year? I imagine he killed fitty men. With his fists. While smoking.

UnoriginalMind has a new favorite as of 19:34 on Nov 3, 2014

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
Similarly, Alexander Pushkin, who is considered to be the greatest Russian poet of all time if not the greatest Russian writer. Wikipedia says his great-grandfather was brought over from Africa, so that makes him 1/4 of African descent, right? I never read him, but a professor of mine specialized in his work and mentioned that his heritage was pretty well known and people often made fun of his lips. In response, he dueled people all the time.

Goodness, an important part of western culture being influenced by Africa?! UNSPEAKABLE.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Is there any evidence that their African heritage influenced their creative output in any meaningful way, though, other than people making fun of what are not entirely rare features for non-African-heritaged Europeans? I'm probably at least 1/8 Latvian, but if I ever got famous and Latvians started claiming me as their own I'd be more than a little bit annoyed.

Not so much his output, as far as I'm aware, but people were definitely aware of it and it had an impact on his life in a number of ways. Despite reading quite a bit of Russian literature, I haven't read Eugene Onegin since it's poetry and that's rarely fun in translation.

What does Aurini do for a living anyway? Just these videos via his Patreon?

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
I've been following this thread since page one and I haven't seen this posted yet. Someone dropped this link in the DnD pictures thread. If you're like me and can't sit through an entire Aurini video, this will do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdIHK8O5yo

Apologies if it was posted already. FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
This is gold. Pure loving gold. I thought this thread was petering out and here comes some drama to save the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Yeah that's a spinoff of a spinoff of a forum dedicated to complaining about goons.

I feel like we're going to get to a point with these spinoff forums where one of the members goes back in time, becomes Lowtax, and founds SomethingAwful to ensure some sort of cosmogonic idiot cycle.