Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
When I have their disembodied mindforks enslaved in my orbital coding farms, I will make sure to set aside a simulspace where they can be endlessly swirlied.

:george:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Dean of Swing posted:

I wonder if he would see eye to eye with that libertarian who locked up that teenager in the shipping container.

holy poo poo you gotta elaborate on this

was he to be smuggled to the coding pits?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I don't think any of these guys will get to command a column Emperor Schmidt's technicals and raid outlying villages for slaves and booty. At best, they'd be a catamite, at worse, a comfy footstool.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Every time I see these kinds of communities I get tempted to make a gay fascist manifesto gimmick.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
simple, asians are philosophical zombies and therefore no match for the wits of the Dark Enlightenment

(bicameralism is a crock of poo poo)

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
tbf at some point some of the less principled libertarians got honest and went from "no gods, no kings, only man" to "gently caress it i wanna be king"

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
this thread is going in a bad direction

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
can we stop digging into the lives of internet weirdos please?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I've always been tempted to do a gay fascist gimmick but then I realised it was overtrod territory.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lmao bringing up Weimar loving Germany as an origin of the existential threat to western civilization.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Annointed posted:

I now can't stop thinking of the possibility of a sci fi story about groups of people desperately trying to invent a near instant interstellar communications network.

It's been done.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The singulatarian community is similar to the zombie apocalypse fandom. Much of the original work is about the anxieties of modern civilization. Singulatarian stories often have themes revolving around dehumanisation of society by technology, and social stresses that form through contradictions between optimal behaviours and humanity's biological predispositions. Zombie apocalypse stories are often about the revelations of the true nature of individuals in the face of a crisis. Protagonists are only in the position they are in due to blind luck: one misstep and they lose their life and individuality. From this unprepared baseline, good men can go bad.

In both forms of literature, "fans" take one look at the scenarios, and think to themselves "I really hope all these awful events take place, because in my arrogance I'm sure I'd always make the Correct Decisions". They strip out all the interesting parts of the settings, all the anxieties, and replace them with power fantasies.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I think cuck is a hilarious word and the fact that it pushes so many psychological buttons in some people who screech it constantly and others who are affected by it is even more hilarious.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
WELCOME TO THE DARK ENLIGHTENMENT *WHIPCRACK*

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Dangit Ronpaul posted:

No, the best part is the comment section, in which he and a few other commenters engage in Olympic-medal-worthy mental gymnastics to argue that there's some immutable law of nature making immigrants vote Democrat, as it's totally not the Republicans' fault for tripling down on nativism and xenophobia in order to pander to their base.

I remember the good old days when the republicans tried to court model minorities like arabs and indians.

I mean, if Erdogan can win elections, or Sisi still has a wide base of support, or Thailand still has lèse majesté, then maybe, just maybe, you can appeal to some of those migrant voters.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Has anyone successfully run a gay fascist gimmick on NRx?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
its even better when gbs retards turn up to lecture other threads on racism

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
That is literally how animation is made, you warp and distort shapes and your eyes fill in the gaps

Also, Reinhardt was poo poo, Yang4lyfe. Yang repeatedly chumped reinhardt in battle, and could reliably counter all of Reinhardt's strategic moves, and Reinhardt only won because Yang deliberately handicapped himself with his belief in democratic civilian-led governments. Yang had repeated opportunities to seize power for himself, but refused because then he'd no longer be fighting for something he believed in (also he wouldn't be allowed to retire and work on his book).

Reinhardt's administration was well-run, but it was clear that it was all going to fall apart as soon as he died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i think you people spend too much time on the internet