Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

UnoriginalMind posted:

C'mon man, we can rip on Justine Tunney for good reasons, let's leave her gender identity out of it.

She does support crazy misandrists though, which I was unaware of. It's a layer cake of loving bonkers!

Also believes that welfare could be replaced with Soylent, the food replacement. She literally wants the poor to subsist on gruel.

Guardian article: "The tech utopia nobody wants: why the world nerds are creating will be awful."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

1stGear posted:

I don't want this thread to die so have the ultimate "Why don't the nice guys get the girl?" video from our friend Davis Aurini.

Smoking in a forest! :wth: Well, holding a tab and very occasionally taking a drag.

Nice guys usually do get girlfriends. Dave just doesn't seem like a very nice guy.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Swan Oat posted:

I only just realized his first name is Davis not David ahahaha what a weiner.

What is it with Americans and having surnames for first names? I swear I've seen loads on TV and the Internet with names like Hunter or Mackenzie or Kennedy.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
I'm sorry to all Americans in the thread! You guys still have Justine Tunney and Yudkowsky though.

I can hardly talk though, I'm British and we have to deal with people like UKIP, the party who describe themselves as "a libertarian, non-racist party". They're basically the Tea Party but more xenophobic than racist in that they hate white foreign people too.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

uber_stoat posted:

Yeah, the gamergate shitshow has reached a sufficient level of notoriety that various right-wing media dumbfucks have started trying to drop in for a bit of brand-building. As well as fake right-wing media like Colbert. Hopefully this means we're on the downward slope now.

Until the gamergate thing I never knew Adam Baldwin was just like every character he plays in real life. How does someone read and perform all those scripts taking the piss out of grumpy right-wing meatheads, and still genuinely want to be one?

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Pulsedragon posted:

Is that before or after he claims that women and black people have never built anything, and contribute nothing to civilization? I know it's silly given that I watched the video first but. . .

That doesn't mean I want to watch it again.

He should have a look at Ancient African Kingdoms, For Kids. Lots of information, pitched at his level of understanding.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
For an anti-gay MRA he sure does look like a butch lesbian. I thought I recognised him for a minute, turns out he just looks like a couple of my (female, gay) friends.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Jack Gladney posted:

Are your friends going for like a Biff-from-the-bad-timeline look too? Because that would actually be pretty boss. Your friends would also probably need to stuff way less newspaper into the shoulders of their blazers than this guy, although his dad probably only lets him play dress-up with the old ones he doesn't need any more.

Kind of, yeah, except we get suits in our size.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

bartlebyshop posted:

No, the argument is that in fact it's East Asians (except only some of them like Han people or Japanese, not Koreans or anyone from what used to be called Indochina) who are better than whites, and then European Jews are best of all. It's an attempt to backdoor white supremacy by making it seem more palatable because, really, it's not white supremacy. Theoretically we'll totally accept that Asians are smarter than most whites! Then we can just revert to an argument about standard deviations (like we did with women in STEM fields) to show that it's totally acceptable to have white people running everything (more white geniuses after all...) with a token Asian or two so the bamboo ceiling is less obvious.

To make things clear I find everything in the preceding paragraph completely abhorrent and false but they've figured out how to make their poo poo stink less by trying to include Asians in it. It's hand in hand with the attempts PUA/Red Pill dudes are making to get Asian men who feel sexually frustrated due to awful racist stereotypes to hate "Westernized" women.

I didn't realise that was done to recruit Asian men, I thought it was because white PUA types have this weird racist idea about all east Asian women being perfect submissive waifus who will put up with their poo poo, and are somehow different from all the other women who think their approaches are a bit creepy and dehumanising and who expect them to do at least some of the chores.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Darth Walrus posted:

Have you seen what sort of guy she's attracted to?

Think of the personal cost, man.

Around $500 if his evolutionary psychology theories are correct :haw:

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

The Vosgian Beast posted:

This but unironically.

The biggest people who passionately hate every aspect of British culture are Brits.

Sort of, we all make fun of other parts of Britain and delight in how awful British culture is, but we get very cross when anyone else insults us. Then suddenly we're all best friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I find it amusing that Dark Enlightenment thinkers make MTG cards for themselves.

They never have a land value on them so I assume they're worthless.

also his card quote is the first time I've seen one of these neo-reactionary types talk about consent outside an MRA rape apology rant