Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

MizPiz posted:

If the observers wanted to save processing power, wouldn't they delete the people leeching of the influencers and great men first?

*Alt-righter is turned off while right in the middle of a conversation with Mark Twain and Steven Hawking*
Hawking: Thank. God. Can. You. Believe. That. Guy?
Twain: I knoooooowwww, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

ate all the Oreos posted:

I assume that's a misspelling of "tazer" but I love thinking about what the hell a "torch teaser" would be or why the cops would want to confiscate it :allears:

Taser. It is an acronym for the Tom A Swift Electric Rifle, named for a Buck Rogers-esque fictional super-tech hero that the inventor was a big fan of.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Nice Horizon: Zero Dawn fanfiction.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I know how irony-deaf Autistic people can be so try not to use it pejoratively, as my younger brother is autistic and has some trouble with metaphor/allegory. I know this because I tried to discuss the allegorical side of a thing we'd both seen (can't remember what) and he flat out refused to accept that there was any hidden meaning in it at all. (It wasn't just me being me, the allegory had been pointed out to me first)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

What exactly does being trans have to do with Anarcho-Capitalism anyway? Where the hell is the link there, are they a sect of christians fundametalists I don't know about?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

On the "substituting belief with other things" subject, I'm of the mindset that I don't think there is anything, I'm perfectly fine with a random and meaningless existence because the universe is interesting enough as it is - but if I'm wrong I really don't care. If there isn't an afterlife I'll be too dead to care, if there is well things will get very interesting. And if any higher power has a problem with me having better things to do than spend energy on them, that's their problem, and it seems fairly petty too.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Munin posted:

Have you consumed plenty of corn products?

The hell does that mean?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Retsupurae made fun of some of those kinds of videos. They were weird as hell. Like, Mickey Mouse getting stung by a bee, then poorly-rendered dracula trying to feed off him and getting a face full of venom, that kind of poo poo.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

there wolf posted:

We figured it out multiple times over history and then forgot it again and had to relearn it all over again. Mostly because we couldn't really nail down why it was so bad until germ theory and all that.

Although it is kind of amazing that we kept having to relearn that, as opposed to keeping it going because "Maybe I don't want to eat a whole meal in a room that smells like my own rear end? Does that make me weird? Am I just being fussy?"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Terrible Opinions posted:

Mind you being able to get anything out of a cyronic brain implies that they should be able to get mummies full on talking. Given that freezing your body more thoroughly destroys the cells than normal rot will on a well made mummy. It's dumb on every level.

Finally we can get the gossip of just what Anuk Su-Namun saw in Imhotep. The sexy desert warrior was right there, but she chose to settle with old familiar.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

The problem is Tyson is an rear end in a top hat within his field as well, seeming to have a very "How dare people dumb-down science by making it fun!" elitist attitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

If the book is written by the bookshop owner and then is rethought posthumously, is that Death of the Author or Death of a Salesman?