Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

He's like the world's most low-budget Bond villain.

The first time I saw him I thought he looked like a crappy version of Kane from Command and Conquer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

coyo7e posted:

Where does Milo Yiannopolous fit into all of this? I have trouble believing that he's not a part of the DE movement, with how pompous and bizarre and repetitive his articles and allusions-cast-as-'valid'-questions/scenarios fits into DE.

I think he's just a run-of-the-mill conservative who works for Breitbart, really.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
Hasn't his Patreon been hemorrhaging money?

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Jack of Hearts posted:

Useless as this is in practice, I do find it pleasing.
The TI-85 calculator did that; it was just as useless there.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
I thought "gray tribe" was just supposed to be Libertarians.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

John Big Booty posted:

The kind of fanatic who objects to statues of traitors in public parks.

I don't think traitors should necessarily be banned from public parks, but at least we could pick treason that wasn't about slavery? Like, I think at least one public park should honor Aaron Burr and his hilarious political career.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Merdifex posted:

Wesley's pretty pissed off over dirty commie prog William Gibson, but his reasons aren't very clear. Here's him frothing at the mouth over Gibson's supposed cultural marxism:

http://severnayazemlya.tumblr.com/post/130423216628/untiltheseashallfreethem-a-couple-of-weeks-ago

The whole thread is moronic and Scott is the only smart voice in there.

Does anyone in that thread mention that flat design is popular because it's (comparatively, at least) cheap and easy to make look good at different sizes?

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

He's also a Pharisee, apparently

Merdifex posted:

https://popehat.com/2015/11/18/the-current-refugee-crisis/

I sometimes can't help but think that Clark is probably not a person, but a caricature.

On another hand, does anyone know what this Hamilton musical is about? Tumblr white supremacists are blowing their collective lid over it, Wesley in particular.

It's about Alexander Hamilton, but it's written by and starring a Puerto Rican(-descended) man.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
Also what sort of name is "Moldbug" anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
whose idea was metamed