Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Filippo Corridoni posted:

Content:

"the law does frown upon it"

quote:

Welcome to the home of Free Northerner.

I’m a Christian and a reactionary monarchist from British North America.

You can read my story at my first post. In short, I became dissatisfied with my life.

After a period of red pill exploration I have decided to embrace Christian masculinity. I am working to improve myself for God’s glory. My plan is to find a wife and raise a large family with traditional values. Failing that, by age 35 I plan to have established a plan and enough income to live independently without relying on a regular job.

Something tells me that this rapist-wannabe isn't the picture of Nordic British Canadian(?) virility that he thinks he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Smudgie Buggler posted:

I take some technofascists seriously, and so you should you. The last time this poo poo reached critical mass we had a World War that flattened Europe. It's profoundly virulent and extremely dangerous.

lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Woolie Wool posted:

Seriously, any pretense of being reasonable was destroyed by that guy's crazy Kirkpatrick Sale rampage. :psyduck:

Going off meds while completely broke doesn't help your mental state any.

On the bright side one of the cards against humanity guys paid to ship the last of the books

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I bet that Yud likes the Data Angels, who were the 90s hacker collective and also a bunch of idiots

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

The Lone Badger posted:

Although you'd need at least twice that much nitrogen to cause narcosis.

There's probably bigger problems if the atmosphere is 180% nitrogen

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Woolie Wool posted:

This article by him immediately calls to mind Theodore Dalrymple's conservative blithering about society being infantilized to take away their ~personal responsibility~ using largely the same "evidence".

quote:

and cars are sold (no longer with promises of awesome masculine power but) by showing them trundling round a mock-up toytown.

I have vivid memories of toy commercials promising awesome masculine power

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Count Chocula posted:

I like TNI's prose and that article is a nice corrective to the massive Elon Musk fellatio about how he Will settle Mars that I just read: http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/08/how-and-why-spacex-will-colonize-mars.html

I don't agree with any NrX political views but like the Futurists I long for an art that glorifies the works of humanity and our inginuity. I was in a poetry workshop that visited a nuclear research facility and I was the only one uplifted by the beautiful machines on display instead of writing horrified Luddite screeds. But I'm sure art that glorifies steel and glass and science already exists; most art does. And I'm sure ' NrX art' will be terrible because nerds have no sense of aesthetics. But i appreciate the idea.

Futurism is heavily tied up with fascism and many early futurists were straight up Italian fascists.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Munin posted:

Well one thing that can be said about anime is that a sizeable amount of it has a really unreconstructed view of women and that rape is often normalised. Not to mention that huge breasts (and the bigger and more pneumatic the better), wide hips and thin waists who are hanging off the male hero are an ideal of womanhood that they are more than happy to indulge in.

Basically if you are an MRA or NRx their is plenty of anime and manga that you could happily nod along to.

That said their is also a lot of manga and anime which is not MRA/NRx fodder and they tend to either be unaware it exists (since it doesn't get raved about in their echo chamber) or they totally misread. Occasionally that leads to hilarious outbursts like that one guy's about Avatar when it turns out the creators were not really on the same wavelength as some of their "fans".

Quick thing about the good post further up:

Most of that could be applied to most of the general output of the film, cartoon and book industries outside Japan as well.

The main differentiator I'd draw is that in Japan there was for a long time much laxer censorship laws than their were in the US especially but in the European markets as well and also that the market has been much less centralized and there is a much wider range of more niche output slightly more widely available. That means you do get some stuff getting published which would never be in other markets. In addition, Japan, as does France, does have a tradition of also having a section of material much more aimed at adult audiences which is much less of a thing in the US in part due to the long standing comic book codes forbidding the depiction of nearly anything morally dubious in comics. Dingodossier is not aimed at kids neither is stuff like the stuff produced by Enki Bilal or the Decalogue.

This of course does not speak about anyone who is fanatical about anime because they have only been following things like Naruto, Bleach and Dragonball into their 40s.

Not to spring the weeaboo trap but part of the reason why there's so much garbage anime is that the actual market for heavy anime watchers is pretty much entirely made up of antisocial young men who are willing to spend hundreds on figurines and blu ray releases. This niche has also been shrinking for a while and big parts of the industry are locked into the spiral with it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

The Final Equation

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Cingulate posted:

Racism as in putting people who look different into the outgroup will never end. Racism as in exploitation and oppression will not end as long as capitalism stands. Within capitalism, there is no end of racism.

I don't get this focus on white racism. In the West, white racism is the problem because whites are in charge*. If any other group were in charge, it'd be their racism. The most recent massive racist genocide was black-on-black (Rwanda). It's just racism that's the problem, not white racism.

* (of course, ideally, no homogenous group would be in charge. Well, maybe the group of people who're good at being in charge. Which I assume includes a bunch of black women. Either way, whites being in charge of an increasingly heterogenous society is obviously a suboptimal state.)

The focus on white racism is because most posters on SA are in the west and white racism either affects them the most or is the most visible form of racism in their community

You moron.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Jack Gladney posted:

Dredge up some old yearbooks and the internet will love you forever. Middle-school (don't know the Canadian equivalent--like kids 12-14 or so) yearbooks would be even better.

It's just middle school in Canada

We aren't aliens

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ronwayne posted:

I think we can differentiate between a dude in his time and a dude who was so over the top racist he was a living cartoon even in his own age. Also Poe's head will remain classy enough in the old-timey-going-bald way to stick on an award. Lovecraft is just bizarrely, well, I'll agree with "moai"

Lovecraft was so incredibly racist that numerous people he was friends with (including his Robert E. Howard, author of Conan the Barbarian) realized that racism was stupid because of how racist he was.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Terrible Opinions posted:

Who actually shared that first? Cause the actual image edit comes from a joke thread, hence the dildo photo shopped into the background.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/game...cegamingtwitter

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Nessus posted:

What?

My understanding is preschooling programs and nutritional interventions have had huge results and the main reasons they haven't been more widely deployed is that they'd be spending tax dollars on black children. Where are you getting this from?

I mean, on a pragmatic basis we can say there is apparently some heritability of traits and I wouldn't say that that's false, but you seem to be asserting that it's probably even stronger than what people intuitively expect, which is already substantial.

Cingulate is strangely obsessed with the idea that some consistent, objective measure of intelligence is entirely genetic

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I'm a Mu-man

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Cingulate posted:

That is, besides for being nonsense, not what I'm strangely obsessed with.
By "people", I mean "people around me/like me", ie., the left.

Could have fooled me considering yhat you mention it on every page and constantly seem like you're only a few posts away from saying that women and blacks are just genetically dumber

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

divabot posted:

Our esteemed colleague su3su2u1 responds appropriately to another Jim missive. (More, comprehensively demolishing Jim and Moldbug's software engineer delusions on how science works.)

How can people claiming to be rational be so goddamn stupid and crazy

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Why do the biggest social media sites have such terrible interfaces

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

Hillary Clinton was talking about the Alt-Right when she said half of Trump's supporters were a "basket of deplorables" right?
Or was she talking about the other deplorable people that have rallied to his banner? It's hard to keep straight which group of his supporters falls under what descriptor these days. Especially since the internet started leaking into the public sphere, what with the whole Alt Right being talked about by network news anchors.

Actually, she later said that she shouldn't have said half.

uber_stoat posted:

she doesn't feel any need to offer the left anything, never has, never will. She will never not charge to the right. "Vote Hillary or else Trump" is the only thing she has ever bothered to offer to lefties. Demoralizing but true.

Considering that her and the DNC's platforms moved significantly leftward after Bernie gained traction, I don't think this is the case.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ikanreed posted:

The point of pretending Marx was right is to annoy reactionaries, not to actually defend a classless communist society as a goal.

Also... your grammar seems to be replying to a different structure of sentence than I actually wrote. Not sure what your complaint is.

Marx was right, comradeski

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

I hope he gets mauled by a snow leopard, personally.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Silver2195 posted:

This is kind of unfair. Several prominent people who self-identify as libertarians, like Radley Balko, really have been very critical of police brutality.

Libertarians are also trash babies with an incredible amount of privilege and a complete inability to self-reflect

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Shakespearean Beef posted:

He's now trying to ineptly cover his rear end https://m.facebook.com/palmer.luckey/posts/10209141115659366

However, he's lying. https://twitter.com/GideonResnick/status/779506376343183360

also here he is being interviewed at a trump rally by a reporter who (presumably) didnt know who he was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJLQMbYrAkc&t=112s

:yarg:

Hang the techies

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Puppy Time posted:

Beautiful.

They're so loving stupid. It's incredible how stupid one person can be

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Doc Hawkins posted:

The designated good team is those boring grey alien guys. The humans are gross and awful (in a fun way).

Everyone is evil in increasingly edgy ways, which is great when people remember that the setting is highly satirical

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Was it Heinlein who wrote a whole lot about sexy 13 year olds in relationships with grandpas or was that one of his many awful contemporaries?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://twitter.com/MexicAnarchist/status/782317778317422592

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Peel posted:

I'm a big fan of space colonisation, but I'd have a lot more respect for Musk's talk about it if he was funding research on all the other much more generally important technical obstacles with the same vigor that he makes minor improvements to rocketry (is he? I haven't investigated because all I hear about him doing is minor improvements to rocketry wrapped in adventurous rhetoric).

There's a reasonable argument that the romance of manned spaceflight is an advert for the space program in general even if manned spaceflight isn't yet very practical or important, but it loses its force a little when the rocket romantics have grown up and have billions of dollars to invest and want to waste it on Martian suicide missions.

According to someone in YOSPOS every time NASA interacts with SpaceX/Elon Musk it's becuae they hosed up something that was already solved in the 60s.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Elon Musk is a rich tech bro who thinks that, because he read a bunch of books about rockets, he can shoot people to Mars. Same goes with building cars.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ate all the Oreos posted:

Was that me, because I've said pretty similar things in the tech bubel thread.

Well he thinks that he can get legislators to give a big slice of NASA's budget to him by fellating their privatization hard-ons enough and so far it's working since like 60% of all their money is coming from NASA and all they've really done so far is launch some resupply missions.

Yes, you did. Thanks btw, I had assumed that was the case but it was nice to have a little confirmation.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

A White Guy posted:

And also has a fuckload of money, employs thousands of capable, smart people, a PR team, and various senators and assemblyman in his pocket receiving generous donations every campaign cycle.

Still, as easy as it is to knock the 'Elon Musk is Jesus' thing that the internet loves to do, building a rocket that can return a first stage will truly revolutionize the world of space travel. What I don't really get is why there's this undercurrent of every time a rocket explodes on a launch pad, victory has been achieved for...some nebulous sense of economic justice?

The current plan for his magic rocket is for it to have more engines than the Soviet rocket that kept failing because it had too many engines and to immediately launch it back into space after touchdown with no maintenance or repairs.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Peel posted:

Yeah this makes it clear he's keen on cheeto fascism while also being a really obviously bad investment that does nothing, it's like he wants to trash what's left of his own reputation.

Fuckboi that lucked into money bad at political investments? Why I never

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Good to know that gay* rights are finally good enough that you can be a openly be gay and a huge racist like straight people do.

*white, male

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

pookel posted:

He pretended to be a supporter of Hillary based on pretending to be afraid of retaliation from Hillary supporters if he didn't. I'm not sure that counts.

He's a humongous coward

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

pookel posted:

Sovereignty is only possible under Natural Law? What the gently caress does that even mean?

It's complete word salad

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
This just in: Tech morons keep accidentally creating religion

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Fututor Magnus posted:

Why the gently caress does he get a checkmark?

Twitter is basically a tire fire

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Nessus posted:

I suspect the pendulum will swing back sooner than you'd think but boy are they gonna be insufferable in the meantime.

After Brexit hate crimes went up by 41%. I expect it to be significantly worse than that in the states.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Terrible Opinions posted:

And the Democrats still fail to get the rural poor vote.

The repubs give the easy answer of blaming it on the foreigners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Don't forget that this was the first election without the voter rights act and there was some extreme voter suppression going on