Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Hermetic posted:

Man, you are like a dog with a bone. Please get off the internet until you can control your temper tantrums. Tia.

Nah. I tried apologizing and got it thrown back in my face, so smugness now and smugness forever. Sorry about your relative, though. That's a legitimately lovely thing to happen to a person and they have my sympathy. Depression and suicidal thoughts suck, and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Realtalk, though, shut up.

Gosh you must win because you care so little. Gosh, so cool so wonderful. Wow.

I said "Yikes, sorry about that." No weasel words.

Next time care enough to not be a dumb rear end in a top hat. Or don't. I don't care.

Connor: Why do I need to pray to the kike on the pike?
Thomas: Because ((His disciples)) civilized your people, bringing them monogamy.
Shannon: Monogamy is the only way I want to reproduce, thank you ((Jesus)).
Sean: Thank ((Jesus)) for cities and chainmail, I am glad that we’re not using stone tools in between bashing each other’s brains out with clubs
Thomas: Don’t you mean sending each other’s souls to Heaven?
Sean: Of course. When I die I’ll get to see Grandma again :)
Megan: I am glad that my future husband won’t be mauled in the wars we used to constantly fight.

— sunday school, ca. 1000

Kevin: I am glad ((Jesus)) taught us to accept these poor migrants.
Ikechukwu: ooga booga
Kelly: *giggle*
Kayleigh: and I’m glad that ((Jesus)) taught us to accept homosexuals, if I was a homosexual I would want to ((love)) others in the way that I was born to
Ogechukwukana: OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOOGA
Thomas, Ph. D: Please understand, children, that while we have made great progress in ((the Lord)), we must not then turn around and ignore the superior culture of our equals who are here to stay with us permanently.
Brian: yes, ((Jesus)) is great, take my land, it isn’t mine anyway, it’s ((God’s)) green Earth.

— sunday school, ca. 2000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Hermetic posted:

Not trying to get the last word you absolute failure of a human being, just increasingly tired of poo poo people in an otherwise lovely thread who are determined to rage at someone for literally nothing.

And, to answer the actually-relevant part of your post, "namefagging" is a term they use for people who have the audacity to use the name settings on 4chan, voluntarily giving up their anonymity. Basically, having a set identity on an chan is seen as offensive and wanting to be a unique snowflake.

Yeah, it's pretentious as hell while being ridiculously childish. 4chan is startlingly good at pulling of that seemingly paradoxical combination of lovely things.

Speaking of childish...

Actually, yeah. I'm mad that you're being an immature brat. Could you please chill? Thanks.

If a girl gets pregnant to a rapist, that does not necessarily prove she had an orgasm, but it does prove she rather liked the rape and the rapist, and very likely had an orgasm.

The cervix is normally closed. If closed, those sperm are not going anywhere.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Hermetic posted:

I figured you bought that yourself, since you seem the type, and thought the better of engaging you over it, actually.

If you're five hours past your bedtime and still reading this, may I suggest getting some sleep? The fic will still be here tomorrow... unless, you know, something bad happens to it and the next morning there's just a 404 at this address and you're left with nothing but a fading memory and an eternal regret that you didn't stay awake longer and keep reading while you still had the chance... but hey, how probable is that?

This story spreads by blogging, tweeting, word of mouth, favoriting, plugging on forums, and adding to lists; and remember, if the readers before you hadn't taken a moment to do that, you probably wouldn't have found this. If that's not enough to motivate you, then let me add that if you don't help spread rationality, Hermione will be sad. You don't want her to be sad, right?

Don't forget to visit LessWrong dot com and read the Sequences, the true existence of which this fic is but a shadow. I recommend starting with the sequence How to Actually Change Your Mind.

And now, with all universes owned by their respective creators, I present:

OMAKE FILES #4:

THE OTHER FANFICTIONS
YOU COULD'VE BEEN READING

LORD OF THE RATIONALITY

Frodo glanced at all the faces, but they were not turned to him. All the Council sat with downcast eyes, as if in deep thought. A great dread fell on him, as if he was awaiting the pronouncement of some doom that he had long foreseen and vainly hoped might after all never be spoken. An overwhelming longing to rest and remain at peace by Bilbo's side in Rivendell filled all his heart. At last with an effort he spoke, and wondered to hear his own words, as if some other will was using his small voice.

"We cannot," said Frodo. "We must not. Do you not see? It is exactly what the Enemy desires. All of this he has foreseen."

The faces turned to him, puzzled the Dwarves and grave the Elves; sternness in the eyes of the Men; and so keen the gazes of Elrond and of Gandalf that Frodo almost could not withstand it. It was very hard, then, not to grasp the Ring in his hand, and harder still not to put it on, to face them as only Frodo.

"Do you not question it?" Frodo said, thin like the wind his voice, and wavering like a breeze. "You have chosen, of all things, to send the Ring into Mordor; should you not wonder? How did it come to this? That we might, of all our choices, do that single thing our Enemy most desires? Perhaps the Cracks of Doom are already guarded, strongly enough to hold off Gandalf and Elrond and Glorfindel all together; or perhaps the Master of that place has cooled the lava there, set it to trap the Ring so that he may simply bring it out after it is thrown in..." A memory of awful clarity came over Frodo then, and a flash of black laughter, and the thought came to him that it was just what the Enemy would do. Only the thought came to him so: thus it would amuse me to do, if I meant to rule...

There were doubtful glances exchanged within the council; Glóin and Gimli and Boromir were now looking at the Elves more skeptically than before, like they had awoken out of a dream of words.

"The Enemy is very wise," said Gandalf, "and weighs all things to a nicety in the scales of his malice. But the only measure that he knows is desire, desire for power; and so he judges all hearts. Into his heart the thought will not enter that any will refuse it, that having the Ring we may seek to destroy it -"

"He will think of it!" cried Frodo. He struggled for words, trying to convey things that had once seemed perfect in his comprehension, and then faded like melting snow. "If the Enemy thought that all his foes were moved by desire for power alone - he would guess wrongly, over and over, and the Maker of this Ring would see that, he would know that somewhere he had made a mistake!" Frodo's hands stretched forth pleadingly.

Boromir stirred, and his voice was doubtful. "You speak fair of the Enemy," said Boromir, "for one of his foes."

Frodo's mouth opened and shut in desperate bewilderment; for Frodo knew, he knew the Man was mad, but he could think of nothing to say.

Then Bilbo spoke, and his withered voice silenced the whole room, even Elrond who had been about to speak. "Frodo is right, I fear," whispered the old hobbit. "I remember, I remember what it was like. To see with the Black Sight. I remember. The Enemy will think that we might not trust one another, that the weaker among us will propose to destroy the Ring so that the stronger may not have it. He knows that even one not truly good might still cry to destroy the Ring, to make a show of pretended goodness. And the Enemy will not think it impossible that such a decision be made by this council, for you see, he does not trust us to be wise." A whispering chuckle rose from the ancient hobbit's throat. "And if he did - why, he would still guard the Cracks of Doom. It would cost him little."

Now foreboding was on the faces even of the Elves, and the Wise; Elrond had frowned, and the sharp eyebrows of Gandalf furrowed.

Frodo gazed at them all, feeling a wildness come over him, a despair; and as his heart weakened a shadow came over his vision, a darkness and a wavering. From within the shadow Frodo saw Gandalf, and the wizard's strength was revealed as weakness, and his wisdom folly. For Frodo knew, as the Ring seemed to drag and weigh on his breast, that Gandalf had not thought at all of history and lore, when the wizard spoke of how the Enemy would not understand any desire save power; that Gandalf had not remembered how Sauron had cast down and corrupted the Men of Númenor in the days of their glory. Just as it had not occurred to Gandalf that the Enemy might learn to comprehend foes of goodwill by looking...

Frodo's gaze swung to Elrond, but there was no hope there, no answer and no rescue in the shadowy vision; for Elrond had let Isildur go, carrying the Ring from the Cracks of Doom where it should have been destroyed, to the cost of all this war. Not for Isildur's own sake, not for friendship had it been done, for the Ring had killed Isildur in the end, and far worse fates could have followed him. But the Doom that had stemmed from Isildur's deed would have seemed unsure to Elrond then, unsure and distant in time; and yet the cost to Elrond himself of taking his sword's pommel to the back of Isildur's head would have been surer, and nearer...

As though in desperation, Frodo turned to look at Aragorn, the weathered man who had donned his travel-worn clothes for this council, the heir of kings who spoke softly to hobbits. But Frodo's vision seemed to double, and in the shadowy second image Frodo saw a Man who had spent too much of his youth among Elves, who had learned to wear humble and stained clothes amid the gold and jewels, knowing he could not match them wisdom for wisdom, and hoping to outplay them in a fashion they would not emulate...

In the sight of the Ring, which was the sight of the Ring's own Maker, all noble things faded into stratagems and lies, a world of grey and darkness without any light. They had not made their choices knowingly, Gandalf or Elrond or Aragorn; the impulses had come from the dark hidden parts of themselves, the black secret depths which the Ring had rendered plain in Frodo's vision. Would they outthink the Shadow, when they could not comprehend even their own selves, or the forces that moved them?

"Frodo!" came the sharp whisper of Bilbo's voice, and Frodo came to himself, and halted his hand reaching up toward where the Ring lay on his breast, on its chain, dragging like a vast stone around his neck.

Reaching up to grasp the Ring wherein all answers lay.

"How did you bear this thing?" Frodo whispered to Bilbo, as if the two of them were the only souls in the room, though all the Council watched them. "For years? I cannot imagine it."

"I kept it locked in a room to which only Gandalf had the key," said his uncle, "and when I began to imagine ways to open it, I remembered Gollum."

A shudder went through Frodo, remembering the tales. The horror of the Misty Mountains, thinking, always thinking in the dark; ruling the goblins from the shadows and filling the tunnels with traps; but for Bilbo wearing the ring that first time not a single dwarf would have lived. And now, Legolas the Elf had told them, Gollum had given up on sending his agents against the Shire, had at last found the courage to leave his mountains and seek the Ring himself. That was Gollum, the fate which Frodo would share himself, if the Ring were not destroyed.

Only they had no way to destroy the Ring.

The Shadow had foreseen every move they could make. Had almost - Frodo still could not imagine how it had been done, how the Shadow had arranged such a thing - had almost maneuvered the Council into sending the Ring straight into Mordor with only a tiny guard set on it, as they would have done if Frodo and Bilbo had not been there.

And having foregone that swiftest of all possible defeats, the only question remaining was how long it would take to lose. Gandalf had delayed too long, delayed far too long to set this march in motion. It could have been so easy, if only Bilbo had set out eighty years earlier, if only Bilbo had been told what Gandalf had already suspected, if only Gandalf's heart had not silently flinched away from the prospect of being embarrassingly wrong...

Frodo's hand spasmed on his breast; without thought, his fingers began to rise again toward the vast weight of the chain on which the Ring hung.

All he had to do was put on the Ring.

Just that, and all would become clear to him, once more the slowness and mud would leave his thoughts, all possibilities and futures transparent to him, he would see through the Shadow's plans and devise an irresistible counterstroke -

- and he would never be able to take off the Ring, not again, not by any will that would be left to him. All Frodo had of those moments were fading memories, but he knew that it had felt like dying, to let all his towers of thought collapse and become only Frodo once more. It had felt like dying, he remembered that much of Weathertop even if he remembered little else. And if he did wear the Ring again, it would be better to die with it on his finger, to end his life while he was still himself; for Frodo knew that he could not withstand the effects of wearing the Ring a second time, not afterward when the limitless clarity was lost to him...

Frodo looked around the Council, at the poor lost leaderless Wise, and he knew they could not defeat the Shadow by their own strength.

"I will wear it one last time," Frodo said, his voice broken and failing, as he had known from the beginning that he would say in the end, "one last time to find the answer for this Council, and then there will be other hobbits."

"No! " screamed the voice of Sam, as the other hobbit began to rush forward from where he had hidden; even as Frodo, with movement as swift and precise as a Nazgűl, took out the Ring from beneath his shirt; and somehow Bilbo was already standing there and had already thrust his finger through.

It all happened before even Gandalf's staff could point, before Aragorn could level the hilt-shard of his sword; the Dwarves shouted in shock, and the Elves were dismayed.

"Of course," said Bilbo's voice, as Frodo began to weep, "I see it now, I understand everything at last. Listen, listen and swiftly, here is what you must do -"

THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE

With a critical eye, Peter looked over the encamped Centaurs with their bows, Beavers with their long daggers, and talking Bears with their chain-mail draped over them. He was in charge, because he was one of the mythical Sons of Adam and had declared himself High King of Narnia; but the truth was he didn't really know much about encampments, weapons, and guard patrols. In the end all he could see was that they all looked proud and confident, and Peter had to hope they were right about that; because if you couldn't believe in your own people, you couldn't believe in anyone.

"They'd scare me, if I had to fight 'em," Peter said finally, "but I don't know if it's enough to beat... her."

"You don't suppose this mysterious lion will actually show up and help us, d'you?" said Lucy. Her voice was very quiet, so that none of the creatures around them would hear. "Only it'd be nice to really have him, don't you think, instead of just letting people think that he put us in charge?"

Susan shook her head, shaking the magical arrows in the quiver on her back. "If there was really someone like that," Susan said, "he wouldn't have let the White Witch cover the land in winter for a hundred years, would he?"

"I had the strangest dream," Lucy said, her voice even quieter, "where we didn't have to organize any creatures or convince them to fight, we just walked into this place and the lion was already here, with all the armies already mustered, and he went and rescued Edmund, and then we rode alongside him into this tremendous battle where he killed the White Witch..."

"Did the dream have a moral?" said Peter.

"I don't know," said Lucy, blinking and looking a little puzzled. "In the dream it all seemed pointless somehow."

"I think maybe the land of Narnia was trying to tell you," said Susan, "or maybe it was just your own dreams trying to tell you, that if there was really such a person as that lion, there'd be no use for us."

MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS SCIENCE

"Applejack, who told me outright that I was mistaken, represents the spirit of... honesty!" Twilight Sparkle raised her head even higher, mane blowing like a wind about the dusky sky of her neck. "Fluttershy, who approached the manticore to find out about the thorn in its paw, represents the spirit of... investigation! Pinkie Pie, who realized that the awful faces were just trees, represents the spirit of... formulating alternative hypotheses! Rarity, who solved the serpent's problem represents the spirit of... creativity! Rainbow Dash, who saw through the false offer of her heart's desire, represents the spirit of... analysis! Marie-Susan, who made us convince her that we were right before she agreed to come on our expedition, represents the spirit of... peer review! And when those Elements are ignited by the spark of curiosity that resides in the heart of all of us, it creates the seventh element - the Element of Sci-"

The blast of power that came forth was like a wind of moonless night, it caught Marie-Susan before the pony could even flinch, and she was gone without a trace before any of them had the chance to rear in shock.

From the dark thing that stood in the center of the dais where the Elements had shattered, from the scarce-recognizable void-black outline of a horse, came a voice that seemed to bypass all ears and burn like cold fire, sounding directly in the brain of everypony who heard:

Did you expect me to just stand there and let you finish?

Twilight Sparkle stared at the space where Marie-Susan had been, where not a trace of the unicorn remained. She - she just - she - In the back of her mind, unheard, she was aware that Rarity was screaming.

That wasn't a disintegration, said the voice of Nightmare. I sent her somewhere else.

Rarity's scream stopped abruptly.

Twilight Sparkle felt like her own scream was only beginning. Seven. It took seven ponies to use the Elements of Inquiry. Everyone knew that no matter how honest, investigating, skeptical, creative, analytic, or curious you were, what really made your work Science was when you published your results in a prestigious journal. Everyone knew that. Could there be more than one Element of Peer Review at a time - how long would it take to find another one - and the Nightmare wouldn't just stand there and let them do it -

"Where?" yelled Rainbow Dash. "Where'd you put her?"

I put the little pony in the same place I bound my pathetic sister, in the heart of her pathetic Sun.

"She'll die!" cried Fluttershy, staring at the Nightmare in horror. "It's too hot, she'll burn!"

Oh, don't worry. The power of the Nightmare surrounds your little friend, keeping her safe and cool, sustaining her without food or drink. She will suffer nothing more than boredom...

The void-black outline stepped off the dais, walking slowly, deliberately, past the remaining six ponies.

...so long as the Nightmare's power is not broken. By any backup plans my sister may have set in motion, for example, and which may be known to you. In that case she will vaporize instantly. Such a lovely thing, friendship. It makes such a wonderful instrument of blackmail. Be sure to keep safe the Elements of Inquiry. You wouldn't want anyone else using them on me, now would you?

"No," whispered Twilight Sparkle, as the horror began to dawn on her.

Then a crawling sensation all over her skin, as the Nightmare walked past her, and the deadly power brushed her with its cold caress.

Now if you'll pardon me, my little ponies, I have an eternal night to rule over.

THE VILLAGE HIDDEN IN THE CLARITY

"Consider the computational power required to manifest over a hundred shadow clones," the Uchiha genius said in his dispassionate tones. "It is an error of rationality, Sakura, to say 'fluke' and think you have explained anything. 'Fluke' is simply the name one gives to data that one is ignoring."

"But it has to be a fluke!" Sakura yelled. With effort, she calmed her voice into the careful precision expected of a rationality ninja; it wouldn't do to have her crush think she was stupid. "Like you said, the computational power required to use over a hundred Kage Bunshin is simply absurd. We're talking the level of a major superintelligence. Naruto's the dead last of our class. He's not even jounin-level smart, let alone a superintelligence!"

The Uchiha's eyes gleamed, almost as though he had activated his Smartingan. "Naruto can manifest a hundred independently acting clones. He must have the raw brainpower. But, under ordinary circumstances, something prevents him from using this computational power efficiently... like a mind at war within itself, perhaps? We now have cause to believe that Naruto is in some way connected to a superintelligence, and as a recently graduated genin, he, like us, is fifteen years old. What happened fifteen years ago, Sakura?"

It took a moment for Sakura to comprehend, to remember, and then she understood.

The attack of the Nine-Brains Demon Fox.

Just a small bone-white creature with big ears and bigger tail and beady red eyes. It was no stronger than an ordinary fox, it didn't breathe fire or flash laser eyes, it possessed no chakra and no magic of any kind, but its intelligence was over nine thousand times that of a human being.

Hundreds had been killed, half the buildings wrecked, almost the whole village of Beisugakure had been destroyed.

"You think the Kyubey is hiding inside Naruto?" Sakura said. A moment later, her brain automatically went on to fill in the obvious implications of the theory. "And the software conflict between their existences is why he acts like a gibbering idiot half the time, but can control a hundred Kage Bunshin. Huh. That makes... a lot of sense... actually..."

Sasuke gave her the brief, contemptuous nod of someone who had figured all this out on his own, without anyone else needing to prompt him.

"Ano..." said Sakura. Only years of sanity exercises channeled her complete screaming panic into pragmatically useful policy options. "Shouldn't we... tell someone about this? Like, sometime in the next five seconds?"

"The adults already know," Sasuke said emotionlessly. "It is the obvious explanation for their treatment of Naruto. No, the real question is how this fits into the outwitting of the Uchiha..."

"I don't see how it fits at all -" began Sakura.

"It must fit!" A tinge of frantic emotion flickered in Sasuke's voice. "I asked that man why he did it, and he told me that when I knew the answer to that, it would explain everything! Surely this must also be part of what is to be explained!"

Sakura sighed to herself. Her personal hypothesis was that Itachi had just been trying to drive his brother into clinical paranoia.

"Yo, kids," said the voice of their rationality sensei from their radio earpieces. "There's a village in Wave trying to build a bridge, and it keeps falling down for no reason anyone can figure out. Meet up at the gates at noon. It's time for your first C-ranked analysis mission."

(This has now inspired an extended fanfiction, _Lighting Up the Dark_ by Velorien.)

ERDŐS IN CHAINS

"How could you do it, Anita?" said Richard, his voice very tight. "How could you coauthor a paper with Jean-Claude? You study the undead, you don't collaborate with them on papers!"

"And what about you?" I spat. "You coauthored a paper with Sylvie! It's all right for you to be prolific but not me?"

"I'm the head of her institute," Richard growled. I could feel the waves of science radiating off him; he was angry. "I have to work with Sylvie, it doesn't mean anything! I thought our own research was special, Anita!"

"It is," I said, feeling helpless about my inability to explain things to Richard. He didn't understand the thrill of being a polymath, the new worlds that were opening up to me. "I didn't share our research with anyone -"

"But you wanted to," said Richard.

I didn't say anything, but I knew that the look on my face said it all.

"God, Anita, you've changed," said Richard. He seemed to slump in on himself. "Do you realize that the monsters are joking about Blake numbers, now? I used to be your partner in everything, and now - I'm just another werewolf with a Blake number of 1."

THUNDERSMARTS

"I am sick of this!" shouted Liono. "Sick of doing this every single week! Our species was capable of interstellar travel, Panthro, I know the quantities of energy involved! There is no way you can't build a nuke or steer an asteroid or somehow blow up that ever-living idiot's pyramid!"

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF RATIONALITY

"Fabulous secret knowledge was revealed to me on the day I held aloft my magic book and said: By the power of Bayes's Theorem!"

FATE/SANE NIGHT

I am the core of my thoughts
Belief is my body
And choice is my blood
I have revised over a thousand judgments
Unafraid of loss
Nor aware of gain
Have withstood pain to update many times
Waiting for truth's arrival.
This is the one uncertain path.
My whole life has been...
Unlimited Bayes Works!

THE NAME OF THE RATIONALITY

The eleven-year-old boy who would someday become legend - slayer of dragons, killer of kings - had but one thought upon his mind, as he approached the Sorting Hat to enter into the study of mysteries.

Anywhere but Ravenclaw anywhere but Ravenclaw oh please anywhere but Ravenclaw...

But no sooner the brim of the ancient felted device slipped over his forehead -

"RAVENCLAW!"

As the table decked in blue began to applaud him, as he approached the dread table where he would spend the next seven years, Kvothe was already wincing inside, waiting for the inevitable; and the inevitable happened almost at once, exactly as he had feared it, before he'd even had a chance to sit down properly.

"So!" an older boy said with the happy expression of someone who's thought of something terribly clever. "Kvothe the Raven, huh?"

TENGEN TOPPA GURREN RATIONALITY 40K

I have a truly marvelous story for this crossover which this margin is too narrow to contain.

UTILITARIAN TWILIGHT

(Note: Written after I heard Alicorn was writing a Twilight fanfic, but before I read _Luminosity_. It's obvious if you're one of us.)

"Edward," said Isabella tenderly. She reached up a hand and stroked his cold, sparkling cheek. "You don't have to protect me from anything. I've listed out all the upsides and all the downsides, assigned them consistent relative weights, and it's just really obvious that the benefits of becoming a vampire outweigh the drawbacks."

"Bella," Edward said, and swallowed desperately. "Bella -"

"Immortality. Perfect health. Awakening psychic powers. Easy enough to survive on animal blood once you do it. Even the beauty, Edward, there are people who would give their lives to be pretty, and don't you dare call them shallow until you've tried being ugly. Do you think I'm scared of the word 'vampire'? I'm tired of your arbitrary deontological constraints, Edward. The whole human species ought to be in on your fun, and people are dying by the thousands even as you hesitate."

The gun in his lover's hand was cold against his forehead. It wouldn't kill him, but it would disable him for long enough -

JASMINE AND THE LAMP

Aladdin's face was wistful, but determined, as the newly minted street urchin addressed the blue being of cosmic power for one last time, prepared to leave behind the wealth and hope he had so briefly tasted for the sake of his friend. "Genie, I make my third wish. I wish for you to be -"

Princess Jasmine, who had been staring at this with her mouth open, not quite believing what she was seeing, just barely managed to overcome her paralysis and yank the lamp out of the boy's hand before he could finish the fatal sentence.

"Excuse me," said Jasmine. "Aladdin, my darling, you're cute but you're an idiot, do you know that? Did you not notice how once Jafar got his hands on this lamp, he got his own three wishes - oh, never mind. Genie, I wish for everyone to always be young and healthy, I wish nobody ever had to die if they didn't want to, and I wish for everyone's intelligence to gradually increase at a rate of 1 IQ point per year." She tossed the lamp back to Aladdin. "Go back to what you were doing."

RATIONALIST HAMLET

(contributed by Histocrat on LiveJournal, post 13389, aka HonoreDB on LessWrong)
(reposted with permission)

HAMLET
Interloper, abandon this strange prank,
which makes cruel use of the blindness of my grief,
and the good heart of my good friend Horatio.
Or else, if thou hast true title to this belov'd form,
tell me:
What drawing did I present to Hamlet King,
when six years old and scarce out of my sling?

Ghost
'twas a unicorn clad all in mail.

HAMLET
What.

Ghost
Mark me.

HAMLET
Father, I will.

Ghost
My hour is almost come,
When I to sulphurous and tormenting flames
Must render up myself.

HAMLET
Thou art in torment?

Ghost
Ay, as are all who die unshriven.

HAMLET
Like every Dane this is what I've been taught.
Yet I did figure such caprice ill-suited to almighty God.
For all who suffer unlook'd for deaths, unattended by God's chosen priests,
to be then punish'd for the ill-ordering of the world...

Ghost
'twas not the world that killed me, nor accident of any kind.

HAMLET
What?

Ghost
If thou didst ever thy dear father love,
Revenge his foul and most unnatural murder.

HAMLET
Oh God.

Ghost
My time grows ever shorter. Wilt thou hear the tale?

HAMLET
No.

Ghost
What?

HAMLET
My love for you does call me to avenge your death,
but greater crimes have I heard told this night.
If all those murdered go to Hell, and others as well,
who would have confess'd had they the time,
If people who are, in balance, good, suffer grisly
at the hands of God, then I defy God's plan.

Good Ghost, as one who dwells beyond the veil,
you know things that we mortals scarce conceive.
Tell me: is there some philter or device,
outside nature's ken but not outside her means,
by which death itself may be escap'd?

Ghost
You seek to evade Hell?

HAMLET
I seek to deny Hell to everyone!
and Heaven too, for I suspect the Heaven of our mad God
might be a paltry thing, next to the Heaven I will make of Earth,
when I am its immortal king.

Ghost
I care not for these things.
Death and hell have stripp'd away all of my desires,
save for revenge upon my murderer.

HAMLET
Thou shalt not be avenged, save that thou swear:
an I slay thine killer, so wilt thou vouchsafe to me the means
by which I might slay death.

He who killed you will join you in the Pit,
and then that's it. No further swelling of Hell's ranks will I permit.

Ghost
Done. When my brother is slain, he who poured the poison in my ear,
then will I pour in yours the precious truth:
the making of the Philosopher's Stone. With this Stone, thou may'st procure
a philter to render any man immune to death, and more transmute
base metal to gold, to fund the provision of this philter to all mankind.

HAMLET
Truly there is nothing beyond the dreaming of philosophy.
Wait.
The man whom I must kill-my uncle the king?

Ghost
Ay, that incestuous, that adulterate beast,
With witchcraft of his wit, with traitorous gifts-

HAMLET
Indeed, he has such gifts I near despair,
of killing him and yet succeeding to his throne.
'twill be an awesome fight for awesome stakes.
Hast thou advice?

A cock crows. Exit Ghost.

(HonoreDB has now extended this to a complete ebook)
(entitled _A Will Most Incorrect to Heaven: The Tragedy of Prince Hamlet and the Philosopher's Stone_)
(available for $3 at makefoil dot com)
(yes, really)

MOBY DICK AND THE METHODS OF RATIONALITY

(as related by Eneasz on LessWrong)

"Revenge?" said the peg-legged man. "On a whale? No, I decided I'd just get on with my life."

ALICE IN THE LAND WHERE THINGS ARE EVEN CRAZIER THAN HERE

(as first written by braindoll in a review of this chapter, with some further edits)

Alice was sitting by her sister on the bank, reading a book. She had several friends who were older, and if she just asked nicely, they were often happy to lend her books without quite so many pictures and conversations as was thought appropriate for a girl her age.

Hot days often made her feel sleepy and stupid, so Alice had thoughtfully wet a handkerchief and placed it at the back of her neck. Still her mind had gone off wandering (just as if it was some little kitten whose owner had taken off her eyes for just a moment), and she had just decided that the pleasure of making a daisy-chain would be worth around 4/3 of the trouble of getting up and picking the daisies, which was nonetheless not equal to the opportunity cost of putting down her book, when suddenly a White Rabbit with pink eyes ran close by her.

There was nothing so very remarkable in that; nor, in fact, did Alice think it so very much out of the way to hear the Rabbit say to itself, "Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be late!" But when the Rabbit actually took a watch out of its waistcoat-pocket, and looked at it, and then hurried on, Alice froze in sudden clarity and fear, for she had never before seen a rabbit with either a waistcoat-pocket, or a watch to take out of it. "Oh bother," she said to herself (though not aloud; she had long since cured herself of that habit, as it made people take her even less seriously than they already did). "If I did not immediately recognize how much curiouser that was than the average rabbit, then something is interfering with my curiosity, and that is most curious of all." So, burning with questions, she ran across the field after it, and was just in time to see it pop down a large rabbit-hole under the hedge.

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD

(thanks to dsummerstay for reminding me to post this one)

MORPHEUS: For the longest time, I wouldn't believe it. But then I saw the fields with my own eyes, watched them liquefy the dead so they could be fed intravenously to the living -

NEO (politely): Excuse me, please.

MORPHEUS: Yes, Neo?

NEO: I've kept quiet for as long as I could, but I feel a certain need to speak up at this point. The human body is the most inefficient source of energy you could possibly imagine. The efficiency of a power plant at converting thermal energy into electricity decreases as you run the turbines at lower temperatures. If you had any sort of food humans could eat, it would be more efficient to burn it in a furnace than feed it to humans. And now you're telling me that their food is the bodies of the dead, fed to the living? Haven't you ever heard of the laws of thermodynamics?

MORPHEUS: Where did you hear about the laws of thermodynamics, Neo?

NEO: Anyone who's made it past one science class in high school ought to know about the laws of thermodynamics!

MORPHEUS: Where did you go to high school, Neo?

(Pause.)

NEO: ...in the Matrix.

MORPHEUS: The machines tell elegant lies.

(Pause.)

NEO (in a small voice): Could I please have a real physics textbook?

MORPHEUS: There is no such thing, Neo. The universe doesn't run on math.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Hermetic posted:

I warned someone off of starting this poo poo back up, and stupid assholes, being stupid assholes, raged out that I would dare.

There's a wide gulf between "perfectly good" and "stupid rear end in a top hat". It was crossed pretty much from the start on this one by people attacking me. And, no, sorry, the anger was unfounded once I replied with an apology and people kept raging.

Sorry, but if you want the thread to not fall into a loop of rage and hate, make posts about neoreactionaries, instead of trying to scramble around finding poo poo to chide me for since you don't want to admit I'm right.

Now that I've settled things for the umpteenth time, further stupid assholes raging incoherently will be ignored.

This happens a lot in tabletop gaming culture, especially in large gaming clubs. They are, by and large, people who have faced ostracism and social rejection by their peers at some point in their lives. Thus, they are unwilling to visit that on others. So when some dude shows up ranting about "the gays", the gay guy playing in your group might be uncomfortable, but you don't want to hurt the new guy's feelings, so you just find a way to make it work. The someone shows up talking about how girl gamers are all attention whore sluts, and that pisses off the women in your groups, but you don't want to hurt this dude's feelings either, so you find a way to make it work.

Sadly, yeah, like you say, the sane people tend to just move their games elsewhere, and increase the jackass/nice ratio in the group.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Nessus posted:

Not quite: he believes the computer would create another universe with different physical laws.

Actually, he believes the laws of thermodynamics are false.

No, really.

The Pascal's Wager Fallacy Fallacy posted:

In our current model of physics, time is infinite, and so the collection of real things is infinite. Each time state has a successor state, and there's no particular assertion that time returns to the starting point. Considering time's continuity just makes it worse - now we have an uncountable set of real things!

But current physics also says that any finite amount of matter can only do a finite amount of computation, and the universe is expanding too fast for us to collect an infinite amount of matter. We cannot, on the face of things, expect to think an unboundedly long sequence of thoughts.

The laws of physics cannot be easily modified to permit immortality: lightspeed limits and an expanding universe and holographic limits on quantum entanglement and so on all make it inconvenient to say the least.

On the other hand, many computationally simple laws of physics, like the laws of Conway's Life, permit indefinitely running Turing machines to be encoded. So we can't say that it requires a complex miracle for us to confront the prospect of unboundedly long-lived, unboundedly large civilizations. Just there being a lot more to discover about physics - say, one more discovery of the size of quantum mechanics or Special Relativity - might be enough to knock (our model of) physics out of the region that corresponds to "You can only run boundedly large Turing machines".

So while we have no particular reason to expect physics to allow unbounded computation, it's not a small, special, unjustifiably singled-out possibility like the Christian God; it's a large region of what various possible physical laws will allow.

And cryonics, of course, is the default extrapolation from known neuroscience: if memories are stored the way we now think, and cryonics organizations are not disturbed by any particular catastrophe, and technology goes on advancing toward the physical limits, then it is possible to revive a cryonics patient (and yes you are the same person). There are negative possibilities (woken up in dystopia and not allowed to die) but they are exotic, not having equal probability weight to counterbalance the positive possibilities.

He's terrified of death, and doesn't like that the laws of physics say death is inevitable. So he decides that since he doesn't like the laws of physics, they're probably wrong. After all, in Conway's Game of Life you can be immortal, and the rules of Conway's Game of Life are very simple (and therefore by Occam's Razor very likely to be true), so if we just ignore all those inconvenient observations we've made of the ways in which our universe's physics is not like Conway's Game of Life, it becomes obvious that we're pretty much living in Conway's Game of Life and therefore immortality is possible.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Jack Gladney posted:

I can think of no one better able to describe the thoughts of a self-hating gay man than Milo.

I think the cathedral does a brilliant thing it allows democracy to be the cover while distributing the decisions of the elites to the minds of masses.It should be preserved if youre a reactionary and simply put to better use.These ideas of AI , kings ,camerals all this futuristic crap thats never going to happen while we slip into Johannesburg circa 89.Its so much easier to take over a government than start from scratch. DENRx claims modernism doesnt work because HBD then suggests trying things never before used on humans its crazy nerd faggotry men simply need to organize a mosaad and start thinking 4g warfare and whatever means might work The cathedral can be got by smart white men using their heads its run by friend of the familys and chicks for christsake

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Count Chocula posted:

But those '2000 years' don't matter since I and everyone I love will stop existing within 100 years (at the most optimistic), so I'd be giving up comfort now for things that won't happen, from my POV.

I used to think 'the environment' itself was morally evil since it's the source of death (and because I know too many annoying hippies) but I've softened that stance when I realized I was turning into a Captain Planet villain.

If only I'd started a blog when I was 15 and way crazier about this; maybe I could have taken Peter Theil's money.

Does pronatalism necessarily cause collapse?

There has been plenty of opportunity and time for interstellar civilisations to have evolved in our galaxy. But, strangely enough, we haven't found a trace of them yet. This problem is known as the Fermi paradox.

I was thinking, perhaps it is pronatalism that stops species from spreading itself across the stars. Intelligent species would necessarily be (in general) highly pronatalist. As soon as a species understands that they have a choice in procreating, tribes that favour procreation more, due to culture or traits, will out-evolve tribes that favour procreation less. Species and civilisations of a planet that end up on top will thus be necessarily highly pronatalist.

However, although pronatalism favours a species at first, this will turn around very quickly when the population reaches its sustainable limit. Since populations increase exponentially, there would also be very little time available for cultures or traits to change. Could it be that all intelligent civilisations in our Milky Way have poisoned themselves and collapsed so that none could ever leave their home star? Like to hear your thoughts.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Want to preface this with I'm so loving grateful to have discovered this philosophy. Like even in my last hospitilaztion, I explained to my doctor that I never asked to be born, why should I care about a life I never wanted? Why is it so hard to accept that there were moments I enjoyed but like not worthy enough for me to want to keep living? I had no word to describe it but then I went down the reddit rabbit hole and discovered you guys. I'm not crazy, if anything I'm loving rational and everyone else is insane. But anyways I took the bravery to post this on my facebook, please tell me how you feel.

In a mood to share my honest thoughts, you don't have to agree but just have an open mind and heart. So we're born, right? We are forced into lives we never asked for, given families by chance, rules/laws we should abide. But why? Why do we so blindly accept this? Anti-natalism is the philosophy that believes people don't consent to birth. It's true, I didn't consent to be born into this lovely rear end world, with lovely self absorbed people who treat others like poo poo unless they can do something for them. I didn't consent to have to live in a world with people who steal, rape and murder. Like seriously, from a logical standpoint- why would any of you want to subject others to this poo poo called "precious life"? Please, oh please tell me what is so precious about a life where all you do is sit around waiting to die. Like honestly- the last happy moment of my life I can recall is when I was about 7 and my dad came to school with bikes for my sister and I. But wait! Even that wasn't a happy moment! I was raised that a God existed and lived, that he answered all prayers true and right, but why couldn't he correctly get the correct bike color I wanted. I was told to pray for anything you wanted and God would answer, so I did. I prayed for a purple bike, got a pink one! That's where my journey started in believing there is no "Great One". I recalled all the feed the children commercials and how children were starving, so it's like why did this God who is supposed to take care of all his children get such a minor detail wrong? I went to Sunday bible school and told all the other kids the bible is wrong. That there is no God, he's not real; simply because my Dad got my bike wrong. Then- was when I deeply started thinking about my existence, why is it fair for me to eat, but others are starving? Why do we so desperately want others to live? So we can feel good about ourselves and enjoy how they make us feel? Why are we so loving selfish and self absorbed that we can't see that not everyone has it easy in the world? I have been suffering depression since I was ten years old, friends true to me know the reasons why. Hell, first time I looked someone in the eyes I was 19 years old. People didn't even know my parents had another child because I just stayed in the basement building and playing on computers. Those were my true only friends. I was anti-social so afraid of people and the world unknown. All I knew is that I just didn't and don't want to exist. And here I am, at 29 still feeling like this. I don't owe the world, I never asked for this. I never asked for existence, I was loving born in it. So here I sit, with a useless life, coward and useless waiting for the night. Why do people so desperately want to procreate? Do you not see how the world is just filled with hate? I can write a book of my experiences, but I feel it won't change much, but think of this philosophy Antinatalism.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Grondoth posted:

Christ where did you find this

sexual consent is not sufficient to make sex right, nor lack of sexual consent sufficient to make sex wrong.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Night10194 posted:

Well, that's reasonable and true enou-

:staredog: Oh. Forget I said anything.

...my oldest sister, recently widowed, and a good wife all her years to the best of my knowledge, told a story of how she and a bunch of other politically active women had investigated a girls religious school for pedophilia...

Her evidence that these rape convictions were real strikingly resembled the SUN’s evidence that Santa Claus exists:

Nobody sees Santa Claus, but that is no sign that there is no Santa Claus. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see.

I have no idea what really happened in these alleged rapes. But I know what my sister told me happened. According to her:

“They expected to be loved and cherished, they expected to be treated kindly. But instead …”

But instead really really terrible things were done to them.

According to her, it was all regret “rape”. The girls consented, then regretted consenting but the girls were not regretting trivially or foolishly. According to her the girls had really good reasons for regret, up to and including serious physical injury...

And that is what women mean when they say that most rape complaints are real, that most rape convictions are just. Like Santa Claus, it is an emotional truth, not seriously intended to be a factual truth. Virginia will not be able to see an actual Santa Claus coming down the chimney, and the SUN is not really saying that she will be able to. Men are convicted because women suffer, not because anyone really thinks that those particular men personally did anything in particular to cause the suffering of those particular women.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Annointed posted:

Wooden club, his face, now. I can't make a joke of this I just want to beat his loving piece of poo poo head in until he stops twitching.

Emancipating women, allowing them to choose who to sleep with and who not to sleep with, is like setting ten year old children loose in the jungle to live by hunting bears. When menarche hits, women become less capable of consenting competently, not more capable. The age of consent should be menopause. Women should not be allowed to consent to sex except under male supervision.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Woolie Wool posted:

I'm so sorry for my bad political opinions back then, I was 14 and it was Bush's first term and Fox News was lying to me :ohdear:

non-cuck-ism

Commies want to cuck the taxpayers with transfer payments.

Lolbergtarian induhvidualists want to cuck Whites by prohibiting Whites from organizing collectively while letting Japan, which does act as a nation, dump radios and cars on us.

Our economic philosophy is non-cuck-ism, because nature abhors a cuck.

This is the same as our general philosophy. Our core demand is that we not be cucked by being second class citizens our own country.

We can now dispense with the glib nonsense about elites and sheeple and social classes. Intellectuals, defined as people capable of overcoming their ingrained worldview, used to see themselves as superior, but the instincts and emotions that are our inheritance must have been adaptive. The average White man probably couldn’t deal with the PDEs of modern physics, but they can instinctually and intuitively deal with biology, the history of the White race, and make the demand not to be cucked.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Woolie Wool posted:

Yes, :justpost:. Interrupting derails with content usually works better than complaining about them.

A situation where unowned fertile age women are mingling with masculine men is socially intolerable. The woman have to be owned, or the men emasculated, and since keeping women under control is today deemed intolerable, the men are emasculated, and we are now seeing that it is costly to emasculate police, and the Brits have repeatedly demonstrated that it is very costly indeed to emasculate soldiers.

Fertile age women should not be allowed to mingle with men except that they are firmly controlled by some male who is present, in authority over them, and responsible for their good behavior, and the number of women he is responsible for is small enough that he actually can control them. In practice, the alternative is always emasculating the men.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Can anyone tell me about the *long-term* impact of ‪#‎brexit‬? By which I mean: How does this affect DeepMind?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I think the cathedral does a brilliant thing it allows democracy to be the cover while distributing the decisions of the elites to the minds of masses.It should be preserved if youre a reactionary and simply put to better use.These ideas of AI , kings ,camerals all this futuristic crap thats never going to happen while we slip into Johannesburg circa 89.Its so much easier to take over a government than start from scratch. DENRx claims modernism doesnt work because HBD then suggests trying things never before used on humans its crazy nerd faggotry men simply need to organize a mosaad and start thinking 4g warfare and whatever means might work The cathedral can be got by smart white men using their heads its run by friend of the familys and chicks for christsake

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Syd Midnight posted:

I was kinda let down by the earlier episodes too though, because I had been anticipating a really thorough and persuasive takedown, something that would convince [whomever] of how wrong they are, but it was just preaching to the choir and Penn going "GET A LOAD OF THIS MORON". Whatever you believed going into it, you'd probably believe that even more afterwards.

The people the Victorians smashed aren’t yowling.

Old black guys in the West Indies love the British, who caned them in school so they’d learn some drat manners, and are outraged that the British won’t cane their immigrant grandchildren.

When the British Empire sewed rebellious Muslims into pig skins, shot them from cannons, and buried the bits mashed up with pig bones, Muslims loved, respected, and fought for the British. And nationalist Brits like Kipling loved their brave and loyal Muslim sidekicks. Contrast with today.

It didn’t stop in 1900.

The Filipinos love the Americans, who tortured their separatist rebels to death.

The Germans and Japanese love the Americans and the Germans love the British, who slaughtered their children in their beds by the hundreds of thousand.

People (men at least) love and respect strength, despise weakness. All the groups complaining most now (black Americans, black South Africans, Aborigines of all sorts) are the ones most molly-coddled by the Victorians.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

No it goes the other way, you see they started as wee tots at the societal default of "feminism is good" which is apparently what everyone thinks because of the matriarchy or whatever and then saw ~the truth~ that um actually girls are icky in highschool and are now redpilled or whatever

[Achilles] goes to Troy, and after the first battle, orders his men to loot the temple of Apollo. So his men dump a kingly share of the temple loot in his tent, part of that loot being a dazzlingly beautiful girl, a virgin dedicated to Apollo tied up in his tent.

And then he just … he … he just totally fails to act like a man. In addition to being famous, and a hero, and the greatest warrior ever, and a living legend, he is also unbelievably handsome. But I swear, that there is no way that girl would voluntarily bed him in real life, if he acts like that.

Now I am old, and fat, and no one terribly important, and I look like Jabba the Hut, but if I had had a few hours with that girl in my tent, she and I would have been going at it like weasels in heat.

You know why boys are no drat good with girls these days. Because they watch movies like that. They are taught to respect women. But women do not really want to be respected. And what is this girl that Achilles should respect her?

After that scene, I just could not watch the film any more, because I just could not see Achilles as a man. Just some kind of cuck. Real men just don’t treat women like that. It is not just that it will not get you laid. It is unmanly. It is wrong. It is gay. It is effeminate.

OK. In the workplace I have to treat women like that or be fired, but it burns. OK, I bend to power and grit my teeth and suffer the humiliation, but the whole Achilles story is that he does not bend to power. Show him acting like a cuck, then there is no story any more.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Do friend of the familys have souls? Are faggotry / transfaggotry / pedophilia “crosses to bear”, the bearing of which should win accolades for the pervert? Are interracial marriages sacred in the eyes of the Lᴏʀᴅ?

Romans 1 should forbid cuckstains from accepting the biologically implausible sexual orientation theory of faggotry. Instead, they are required to believe that faggots are given over by God to faggotry because they ignore the law that is written on their souls. But they accept the sexual orientation theory anyway.

The correct theory of faggotry is perverts jockeying for social status against each other, attempting sneak into female safe spaces, and other desperate measures. Faggotry is a sexual strategy, which, judging by the Kinsey report, is more successful than being a cuckstain beta.

It should be obvious that faggotry is a sexual strategy, considering that it is a behavioral strategy regarding sexuality. But there are a lot of cuckstains who think that not believing in explicit souls makes them smart but are too retarded or cowardly to take the next step and believe in things that exist, specifically, biology.

To the cuckstain, souls are created by Yahweh and inserted in bodies prepared by the parents. Any soul could be inserted into any body, thus it is absurd to treat individuals of other races as anything but individuals.

Some have moved beyond explicit souls, but continue to believe in the lottery of birth.

To the cuckstain, there is a duty to feed, house, and clothe all souls, beyond the duty to save souls by teaching them to be cuckstains.

Some have moved beyond explicit souls, but continue to believe in the duty to feed, house, clothe, and teach all humanoids.

To the cuckstain, all souls matter to Yahweh.

To the atheist cuckstain, all lives matter.

All lives do not matter.

I want to see the Trump vs. Sanders debate ended by Trump asking Sanders how many towers he has built.

I want to see community organizers mocked and layabout activists ignored out of hand.

I want a culture of building stuff, not signaling. To that end, I’m stuck signaling on the Internet, but, at least I’m an anonymous coward and even if the alt right wins I won’t be able to take credit for this without getting bogged for faggotry, right?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Something that trivially false is a pretty piss-poor attempt even for Matt Forney

Reminder that the nationalist’s derisive response to Scholasticism is how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, while the religionist’s best derisive response to nationalism is probably Chesterton’s “democracy of the dead” and a reductio ad absurdum of biological determinism like necessarily broadly accepted ideologies which I guess would be historical materialism, and to assert tradition as the only way to preserve the existence of our people and a future for White children.

Reminder that tradition consists of either looking at a woman with lust is morally equivalent to cheating on your wife, or looking at your wife with lust is morally equivalent to forcing her to have sex.

Reminder that either your personal relationship with ((Jesus)) is the the most important thing, or preserving the existence of our people and a future for White children is.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

President Ark posted:

what the hell does this word salad even mean

Form don’t real. There’s a bunch of points with locations that are contingently related to each other. (Caveat: definitions.) However, we can see points&space perform the philosophical function that Aristotle’s ‘form’ did, and he would likely be delighted at the correction.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Anyway that got me thinking about two things - one, is there any good quotes from DE types laying out anti-LGBT opinions?

What to replace sexual orientation theory with

Sexual orientation is a scientific theory, but when you say out loud what it entails, you laugh out loud. While I’m interested in the reasons for the lies of feminism and race-doesnt-exist-ism, sexual orientation is to me pretty clearly not a remotely serious proposition but just a Schilling point for the proggies.

It appears barely believable when you sever your views about human sexuality from both reproduction and ethology. The next generation grows up watching The Discovery Channel, and will think more clearly by and large about ethological issues including the Jewish parasite.

So I’m not here to say that sexual orientation is retarded, but to give pointers to where to look to be actually informed about the other choices humans have beyond marriage.

Marriage is good for humans. It is also good for penguins and snowy owls, who go back to the same partners every breeding season. Peacocks, meanwhile, put on as much bling as they can afford, so they can get a hook up.

Duck women can either get married, have steady boyfriends, hook up, or get raped. They have specially designed vaginas – vaginas, not cloacas – so they can have some control over whether they actually get inseminated by their rapists. Of course, we’re not supposed to talk about the fact that human women also can be raped and want to be raped by the most impressive man. Even progressives who own cats know that cats always reproduce through rape.

Giraffes headbutt their women, then lick their urine, to determine if they are in season. Some human men can sense whether better than other human men whether women are in season. Bear men sometimes infanticide children so the women will go into estrus sooner.

Zebra men will infanticide the new children of their new sex slaves, which is a pretty common and not very talked about occurrence in humans, especially with Black men infanticiding stepchildren. Left unsaid by the ethologists making the video I watched about the zebras is how zebra women ended up following around the strongest man as a harem. I think it’s pretty clear that they do it to avoid infanticide.

Some species of goats like to separate into separate herds. So do the Ents – as Fangorn sadly tells the tale, the Entwives wanted to make nice gardens and the Ents weren’t interested, so they separated, and then they lost track of each other, and there haven’t been any Entings in an age.

Anyway, that’s all about rape and infanticide. My purpose here was transgenderism and sexual orientation.

Salmen like to find a good woman and fertilize her egg pile. Weak salmen, who aren’t able to compete, like to not wear the bright colors salmen are supposed to wear, but instead pretend to be women and skulk around egg piles guarded by salmen who are obeying their gender role. The other salmen probably think that faggots are disgusting and should be fed to the bears, but, it’s an equilibrium.

In one species of goats, that separates into separate herds, there are transwomen. They get the advantage of if a woman enters estrus begins before the herds recombine they get to nail her first. Human transwomen who want to access female safe spaces don’t even promise that they’re only interested in “having sex with” men.

That’s it for transgenderism. But what of sexual orientation?

Everyone hears about the bonobos that love to have lots of sex, including homosexual oral sex and sodomy. (Funny story about the baboons, sexual strategies, and speciation – http://youtu.be/4LTWi13_jjk?t=17m30s – of course, it’s nothing we haven’t seen before). No one ever accuses them of being gay. No one ever talks about how they use man-on-man action to rank themselves, either. Human men who are in prison are notorious for using sodomy to rank themselves.

But wait, why would Anal Turing and Oscar Wild have been interested in buggery, when they were pretty popular guys? Well, I don’t have answers for everything. Also, what’s the deal with humans, in particular the Muzzies, using 12 year old boys for Greek sex? At some point, you’re not ranking yourself, you’re just a pervert, right? The Muzzies may be responding to a culture in which the strongest men have four wives and most men must content themselves with buggering each other, and showing off their strength by buggering the choicest of men. But that doesn’t explain the Greeks like Plato.

Anyway, it’s pretty clear that buggery is a show you put on to impress women, that transwomanism is an attempt to circumvent social mores to access women, and that humans should only be allowed to reproduce in one man : one women marriages. At least until we figure out how to build perfect comrades in tanks.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Lady Naga posted:

This is the dumbest poo poo and I'm not gonna engage with someone who's more preoccupied with getting in as many sick burns as possible instead of actually having a dialogue.

ONCE AGAIN, the oldfags don’t even understand themselves. Faggotry was cool when personal self-actualization, i.e. hedonism, sometimes generalized into utilitarianism, was the highest goal. The oldfags rejected the ((Bible)), which on he balance was a good idea, but replaced it with other Jew hoaxes like Freud and Kinsey, with essentially soul-based psychology.

Faggotry just isn’t as interesting when you understand psychology in its evolutionary context, or when you have other problems, as even ((Maslow)) understood.

Whites may or may not appreciate that Whites are systematically being exterminated. Young White men still treat their women as whores and compete with each other more viciously for whores than the friend of the familys do.

They do understand that they don’t have jobs and friend of the familys are given jobs.

Young White women will think what they are told to about feminism and being whores. They still would prefer to be owned by one man who is exclusive to them and somehow imply it without articulating it.

In this country, crime is code for friend of the familys and law and order is code for White supremacy. Trump took a nuanced stand on recent events denouncing the “senseless deaths” of the crime while calling for the restoration of law and order.

Those aren’t code words to the flips. Duterte Harry is restoring law and order and it will be hard for the media here to explain why we lost the war that he won.

The question, then, is whether the young White men have been bought off by commies with weed and whores, or whether they know somewhere it hasn’t been beaten out of them by the terror in school that this is wrong. I believe that pretty much all post-millennials and most milennials are already ready to take down this system and can probably kick enough genxers in the nuts and drag them with us. We just need to wait for these out of touch poofter boomers to retire and die.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Lady Naga posted:

What, exactly are you getting out of this? I mean I have a terrible compulsion to have people understand what I'm trying to say which is why I haven't stopped even though my brain is telling me to but I just can't understand what your deal is? Is this like, fun, to you? Is this what you do for a lark?

During the reign of Charles the First of England, there was a remarkable outbreak of holiness. By and large, the holiest people tended to get the preaching jobs in the Church of England, and, since there was not a whole lot of entertainment and social events other than going to church, they persuaded other people to be holy.

To some extent this holiness was genuine and sincere. On the other hand, since Church of England jobs had good pay and status, it was to some extent pharisaical, and became increasingly pharisaical. And this pharisaical holiness started to increasingly resemble nineteenth century leftism, alarming the King, so Charles the First set to appointing Bishops that opposed and suppressed left wing pharisaism – or perhaps Bishops that, like Charles himself, enjoyed a good time and were not particularly holy. And this led to civil war, which the exceedingly holy won.

And pretty soon each candidate for office was even holier than each of the other candidates.

And pretty soon pharisaical holiness developed a striking resemblance to twentieth century leftism, the twentieth century labor movement and the hippies, Which alarmed Oliver Cromwell, who, like Stalin, found himself outflanked on his left, so he cracked down on it, a good deal more vigorously and more successfully than Charles the first did. Cromwell is both a villain to reactionaries, for executing a great King, and a hero to reactionaries, for putting a stop to leftism, and for equipping General Monck with a praetorian guard, the Coldstream guards.

Cromwell’s leftism did not go all the way to twenty first century leftism and celebrate sodomy, but the wind was blowing that way, as men ever more holy had to denounce yesterday’s holiness. The war on Christmas and the war on Marriage began under Cromwell, foreshadowing the twenty first century celebration of sodomy.

After Cromwell died, General Monck staged a coup, and to this day the Coldstream Guards, who were originally his praetorians, guard parliament. General Monck restored the monarchy, and the monarchy, Charles the Second, purged puritans from state institutions, including the Church of England.

This pissed off the puritans no end. Charles attempted to purge New England’s ruling institutions, but whereas puritans were unpopular in England, pretty much everyone in New England was a puritan, and the puritans eventually regained power in New England by a revolt that England let slide, and eventually legalized.

And having regained power, they proceeded to get holier and holier, until they were holier than Jesus (abolitionism and prohibition). And here we are.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Lady Naga posted:

Where's the Kung Fury for Babylonian tropes.

there are only three truly sovereign states on the planet. Russia, China and the “International Community.”

Lottery of Babylon has a new favorite as of 18:56 on Jul 12, 2016

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Jack of Hearts posted:

I assume that's Moldbug, because it sounds like him. Holiness and pharisaism are apparently equivalent to him? Weird.

Also, "a great king." Charles I was grotesquely incompetent. But (assuming it's moldbug) this is a guy who saw the Revolutionary War as "evil" and who regarded the slavery issue during the Civil War as "eh, people can go either way."

Moldbug is an interesting case, because he's very well-read, and has an analytical mind, and is still immensely stupid.

jim says:

No one thought that slavery was a particularly bad thing until the early nineteenth centure – a hundred and sixty years after the events we are discussing. Note the close correlation between renewed war on marriage, war on underage sex, war on booze, and war on slavery – it was another outbreak of holiness.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Antivehicular posted:

Also how we were going to disprove evolution within his lifetime, because he could come up with a thought experiment about how it could look like there was gravity without gravity being real (something about everything constantly doubling in size?), ergo all fundamental principles of science were houses of cards waiting to be knocked down? I don't even know what the hell his anti-evolution argument was. Probably crazy-dude reflexive contrarianism.

In this universe, there are only two objects: you and a huge planet-sized ball.There is no gravity in this hypothetical reality in the classic sense of objects being attracted to each other. There is only one rule: Every piece of matter in this universe is constantly expanding, doubling in size every second. You wouldn't notice the doubling, because both you and the huge ball would remain in the same proportion to each other. There would be no other reference points. And you wouldn't feel your own matter doubling any more than you feel the activity of the atoms in your body now.

In your current universe, you don't feel your skin cells dying, and you don't feel yourself being propelled at high velocity around the Sun or spinning with the Earth s rotation. So it shouldn't be hard to imagine how you could be doubling in size every second without being aware of it in the hypothetical universe. The only effect you would feel from this doubling in size is the illusion of gravity. The ball's growth would cause a constant pushing against you. If you tried to "jump" away from the growing ball, you would create some space temporarily, but the ball's growth would catch up with you and close the distance quickly. To you, it would feel as though you were attracted to the huge ball and whenever you jumped "up," you would be sucked back down to it.

There would be no gravity, but it would look and feel exactly like gravity. Visually, it would seem that the huge ball had more "gravitational pull" than you do, because you seem to be attracted to it and not the other way around. This corresponds to our classic view of gravity‹that huge objects have more of it.

Imagine a marble and a bowling ball. Now imagine they both instantly double in size. The marble still looks pretty much like a marble, but the bowling ball appears huge. When a large object doubles in size, it seems to have a disproportionately significant impact compared to a smaller object. So if gravity is an optical illusion, large objects would appear to create more of the illusion than smaller objects. That's consistent with what we see.

Now let's move from the hypothetical universe to our current universe filled with planets and other matter. You'd have to add another rule in order for the expanding matter theory to replace gravity in the current universe. You'd have to have a universe where all the major planets are moving away from each other quickly, otherwise they'd grow until they all bumped together. In fact, the current universe does appear to be expanding, so that's no obstacle to the expanding matter theory. I can't think of anything in the "real" universe that would contradict the notion of gravity being an illusion caused by expanding matter.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

spite house posted:

This picture makes him look about four foot eleven. Wonder if he really ticked off the photographer.

Our rulers’ position is now clear. We should learn to live with terrorism. Unlimited immigration will continue, and it is unthinkable and morally abhorrent to object to anyone in the world moving to America and living on crime, welfare, and voting left. The continued existence of borders and citizenship in a world dominated by progressive ideology is an unprincipled exception. Open-borders absolutists are perfectly correct that there is no coherent way to argue that racial discrimination or hereditary aristocracy are unjust without also concluding that anything short of completely open borders is equally unacceptable. The logic is inescapable.

Thus, if a black criminal is killed by police and it less than perfectly clear that the killing was justified, his picture is all over the news, whereas if a Muslim kills a child, we never see the child.

Well then, what will it take to stop terrorism? Truck control?

Notice that despite extremely strong gun control in France the terrorist (who entered as a refugee) had a fine collection of weapons in his truck. Not only is it hard to stop individual criminals from getting guns, it is considerably harder to stop large organized groups from getting guns.

Recall that Saddam allowed his people to own full auto weapons. Since he could not stop his enemies from getting full auto weapons, he had little choice but to allow his loyal, or at least not actively rebellious, subjects full auto weapons. If Frenchmen were allowed to own and carry full auto weapons as Saddam’s people were, the truck incident would likely have had a different outcome. But it would still have been pretty nasty.

But of course we don’t want a state like Saddam’s, where civil war is barely held in check by state terror. (Though it would be an improvement on today’s Iraq, where civil war is not held in check.) Nor Mindanao, where civil war is held in check by the threat of state terror, by state terror recently past, and the imminent likelihood of more to come. We want a peaceful high trust society. And to do that, have to remove the Muslims. Dump them on the shores of Africa.

Very few Muslims are inclined to blow themselves up in a pizza parlor. But every single Muslim, including the moderate friendly nice Muslim next door who would never dream of exploding in a pizza parlor, supports and sustains a society where the man who blows himself up in a pizza parlor is holier than you are, where the jihadi gets the girls, where a terrorist can hang out and it is hard for police to find him, let alone surveille. him.

For over a thousand years peoples, cultures, religions, civilizations, empires, nations, and Kingdoms have struggled to find a way to coexist with Islam. None have ever succeeded. We will not be the first.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

LordSaturn posted:

"based" means "best" imo

For decades I sneered at conspiracy theories that conflated powerful wealth [jewish or not] and world dominion. I thought it was clear that world dominion was a commie goal and why would capitalists make common cause with commies. One could write off individual wealthy leftists as caught up in propaganda.One of the phrases that would crop up in these conspiracy theories printed as far back as the 50s was new world order,i read these long long before that became a common term. Then one fine day I hear President Bush use it in a speech and I think its not possible he doesnt know or wasnt told the significance of that term. It wasnt enough still isnt to make me subscribe to the john birch society but it stuck in my head.
what followed was watching elites and whites generally pursue their own destruction. First i noticed economically socialist policies that were so absolutely insane and left no doubt about the inevitable outcome. And then like most belatedly took notice of something that made my fear of socialist triggered financial Armageddon seem laughable, demographic Armageddon. I though well the soviet union pretty much recovered in twenty years but this you dont recover from. Of course having HBD science confirm what we all knew but secretly hoped wasnt true because the implications were so grave even when we were talking only about a 10% friend of the family population.
So you think these people that run the world even if they are secret commies they have access to cia nsa randcorp data they had to know about hbd before any of us what the gently caress can they be thinking. And then you watched the capitalists jump on the bandwagon and at first you think it PR. But then you realize its an unholy alliance.
Somewhere about the collapse of the USSR and the welfare apex leftists conceded full on communism didnt work and wouldnt sell to affluent western proles, and they switched to redistribution of power jobs to minorities. civil rights was selling well and immigration was providing a unlimited supply of customers and it didnt trigger right wing commie sensors and when it did just scream racist.
Not to far into this transition capitalists of a generation steeped in friend of the family lover btw, had had such success with outsourcing though it was bothersome to have to build plants out when you could bring foreign labor in and have the socialists subsidize the increased cost of living with all sorts of non welfare welfare. capital also noticed advantages to being thought of as a national corporation while actually operating as a international autonomous . well this is getting long but in short capitalist and communists indeed found common cause capitalists dont want creative destruction and competition they want protection from it they want bigger markets and subsidized wages. and marxists want their cut of all this wealth and the neutralization of white people who believe in individualism freedom etc.
The question is are the two completely one or do they secretly have agendas of their and own they think they will eventually dominate the other? My guess is the commies understand pretty soon the capitalists [and white people] loose all leverage and they will call the shots, and the capitalists are simply being short sighted as capitalists tend to be until they are on the ropes.
But that still leaves the questions
can Soros and Gates and Clinton Merkel not see that in a few years the friend of the familys will chop their heads off and take over, they cant seriously think in a majority friend of the family west they will be allowed to continue doing anything? Are they who seem so ambitious really suicidal idealouges? Th only other explanation I can is they are despite reams of evidence to the contrary actually incredibly stupid people but you dont get to rule the world being stupid. Sometimes I think because i can offer no other explanation for such irational behavior maybe there is a Illuminati maybe they really have thought this through and have a plan and at times what you see is only a temporary faint to gain advantage, one has to admit events seem to always favor thier cause of power consolidation.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Jack Gladney posted:

Every day I thank god for never learning anything about anime.

White women are particularly beautiful. Everyone knows this; since some people pretend not to, let’s look at what nips draw when they want to draw the most beautiful woman possible:

• Blue, green, purple eyes
  • Bigger eyes than sand friend of the familys
  • Blond, brown, or red hair
  • Straight or wavy hair
  • Smaller noses than rice friend of the familys
  • Pale or pink skin
  • Bigger boobs than Whites, but not big butts
They’re not drawing themselves, and they’re not drawing us. They’re drawing what male humans believe is the most beautiful – that’s male humans, not dirt friend of the familys, because as porn searches reveal, dirt friend of the familys are interested in big butts, a preference that the jewsmedia has been trying to foist on Whites.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Who What Now posted:

You're slipping, LoB, I've seen you do this one before.

Anime can be quite insidious, in that characters will engage in seemingly traditionalist behavior, like going to shinto shrines, being proud of their nation and traditions (you almost never see modern western cartoon characters going to church or being patriotic, unless they are strawmen, or its wedding), but often it will be devoid of actual substance, they lack “traditional core”, that makes such actions meaningful. The characters are oriental versions of Churchians.

The though I had on Anime genre “harem”, which is misleading name. Main characters are often total losers, and probably so are authors of those series.
The most cliche type is: MC likes one girl (“the heroine”). Plenty girls like the MC. Girls throw themselves at MC. MC won’t gently caress any of them, or even talk much to one girls he likes (“loving form afar”). Bonus point if “the heroine” is one who beats him up regularly (tsundere. but without actual dere). Another bonus point if MC is total loser “nice guy”. Another point if “the heroine” is being a bitch to poo poo-test the MC, who keeps “being nice” and “you never hit a girl!” (though its painfully obvious that makers of anime conveyed concept of poo poo-test without realizing it exists, by accident). In the end, MC rejects other girls to be with “the heroine”. Its like gender reversed version of anime authors own school experiences, when they liked a popular girl who turned them down to be with a jerk, so they made up a reality where “nice guy” is the one who turns down girls who chase after him.

Thats why only decent harem animes are where above cliche is completely averted, due to either: MC actually scoring with other girls, having a spine, calling out “the heroine” on her bs to the point she actually changes for better (or dumps her), or has some badass qualities that would justify him being chick magnet. Or at very least give MC traumatic backstory that would justify him being broken shell of a man (like watching his family burn alive as todder. lookin at you, Emiya). Out of Manga, animes, and Visual Novels, I would qualify Omamori Himari, Tsukihime, Highschool DxD, Majikoi, and Persona 4, as decent ones. Of those who have more than one medium, generally: VN is better than Manga, and Manga is better than Anime. Anime are tootless, and “sfw”, Manga are alright, and characters shine in VN (they have actual harems…)

“moral universe of both animes is that masculinity is bad, the behaviors that lead to success are bad, male sexuality is disgusting and evil, while female sexuality is pure and chaste.”
Try School Days anime then. Men AND women portrayed are total idiots. (in VN, both genders are slightly better, and MC is not treated as evil)
Or examples I gave earlier, where male sexuality is not shamed.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Woolie Wool posted:

Is there some kind of cliffsnotes version of this gibberish?

One of my much repeated proposals is that everyone on welfare, and everyone with no visible means of support, will from time to time face inquiry on his character. Those blacks that are friend of the familys, and those whites that are wriend of the wamilys, shall be sold into chattel slavery. This will discourage reliance on welfare, and encourage people to have visible means of support. It will get people who need supervision under supervision. Also debt slavery.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

You guys need to stop giving Jim a hard time. There is nothing wrong with anime. Even renowned anti-semitic scholars such as myself like to wind down after a long night of debunking pieces of the Holocaust hoax by firing up our laptop and letting ourselves be drawn into a magical world where cute schoolgirls with huge eyes and technicolor hair frolic in a fictional Japan. I think we can learn a lot from these delightful stories, such as how a homogenous nation devoid of parasitic ethnic groups can produce such wholesome yet titillating entertainment fit for consumption by even the most discriminating academics and internet intellectuals.

So lighten up, kick up your heels, and allow yourself to be mesmerized by the wonderful and beautifully done, though quite improbable, boob animations of your favorite anime.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Lady Naga posted:

Buh-but my name's not Jim... :smith:

Global warming was a proposal for a ridiculously extreme expansion of leftist power and the government run economy, which is to say, the leftist run economy, so defeating it was an important victory, for which Steve McIntyre deserves a major part of the credit, but it was merely a defensive victory, while on so many other fronts, the left marches on from victory to victory.

I have been watching “High School of the Dead”, a Japanese anime with wonderful and beautifully done, though quite improbable, boob animations.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Somfin posted:

Rationalism (the religion, not the thought process) actually has a term for it, which someone will no doubt know offhand, but I'm on my phone. Hardcore Rationalists believe that two perfectly rational people operating with the same knowledge must come to the same conclusion in all cases; therefore if you are rational in your approach you must be provably correct. Yud goes one further and believes that his initial knee-jerk assumptions must be born of rational thought processes because he's that much of a narcissist. The fact that you can see that he's obviously retroactively justifying a right-wing gun-jump rather than beginning with facts and coming to a conclusion just means you don't understand the world as rationally as he does.

You can have some fun with people whose anticipations get out of sync with what they believe they believe.

I was once at a dinner party, trying to explain to a man what I did for a living, when he said: "I don't believe Artificial Intelligence is possible because only God can make a soul."

At this point I must have been divinely inspired, because I instantly responded: "You mean if I can make an Artificial Intelligence, it proves your religion is false?"

He said, "What?"

I said, "Well, if your religion predicts that I can't possibly make an Artificial Intelligence, then, if I make an Artificial Intelligence, it means your religion is false. Either your religion allows that it might be possible for me to build an AI; or, if I build an AI, that disproves your religion."

There was a pause, as the one realized he had just made his hypothesis vulnerable to falsification, and then he said, "Well, I didn't mean that you couldn't make an intelligence, just that it couldn't be emotional in the same way we are."

I said, "So if I make an Artificial Intelligence that, without being deliberately preprogrammed with any sort of script, starts talking about an emotional life that sounds like ours, that means your religion is wrong."

He said, "Well, um, I guess we may have to agree to disagree on this."

I said: "No, we can't, actually. There's a theorem of rationality called Aumann's Agreement Theorem which shows that no two rationalists can agree to disagree. If two people disagree with each other, at least one of them must be doing something wrong."

We went back and forth on this briefly. Finally, he said, "Well, I guess I was really trying to say that I don't think you can make something eternal."

I said, "Well, I don't think so either! I'm glad we were able to reach agreement on this, as Aumann's Agreement Theorem requires." I stretched out my hand, and he shook it, and then he wandered away.

A woman who had stood nearby, listening to the conversation, said to me gravely, "That was beautiful."

"Thank you very much," I said.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

The first type of tattle-tale, the Office Fascist is the easiest to spot. They are usually obese, female, and unnaturally perky when first met. Despite the bubbliness of their personality, this sort is usually incredibly self-hating. This loathing generally expresses itself in the need to dominate others in the work environment so as to make oneself feel more important. This despicable creature often writes up and enforces rules about the break room. The favorite place of attack is the workplace refrigerator where the obsession with food manifests itself. Lunches often go missing in the presence of The Office Fascist. Whether they are eaten or thrown-away is difficult to determine but one things is certain, this person is where the lion’s share of tattling emanates from.

Anyone remember Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge?

The enforcers of this new regime are the Office Fascist and the Beta Male.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Most Horror Stories/Slasher Movies feature a group of “normal” people being killed by some “strange” loner or monster. This is ridiculous propaganda of course. The truth is that most of the time, the peasants are storming the castle to kill the man of singular vision or passion.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Count Chocula posted:

I've been addicted to hate, and convinced that most people lack self-awareness. But I'd never single out a single group or person. Is there any proof that most people have self-awareness/think deeply about things? Or are they just ruled by instinct?

Marriage must be impossible to get out of except for great and grave fault. Each party must be legally and socially compelled to provide the other with sexual comfort according to the desire of the other. If marriage is to be durable, there can be no such thing as marital rape. Indeed it must be the absence of marital rape, marital debt, that is illegal, ridiculous, anti social and despised. Further, each must be legally and socially compelled not only to provide sexual comfort according to the desire of the other, but reproductive sex according to the desire of the other.

Further, since they must form one household, one flesh, and one household must have one master, the wife must agree to honor and obey her husband. The husband must have the right to physically discipline his wife, his dependent sons, and his unmarried daughters until they become engaged, become married, or reach menopause. And since the wife must agree to honor her husband, he must be entitled to discipline her for insolence and disrespect.

If a husband fails to sexually gratify his wife, incurs undue marital debt, he should suffer social opprobrium, and a possible fine. If a wife fails to sexually gratify her husband, she should suffer social opprobrium, and be beaten.

Then, people can make their own reproductive decisions.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Curvature of Earth posted:

Is there any reason for these differing punishments outside of misogyny?

With women there’s not much of a problem because they have relatively small brains and therefore do what they’re told without any logical thinking involved in the process, so when told by dykes and kikes to pursue meaningless careers at the expense of having 6 kids on average, that’s what they do; remove the aforementioned dykes and kikes, and tell them that God wants them to be mothers, and they’ll become mothers without objection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

this post is pretty good proof that people lack self-awareness

Truth is, women control the sexual market with such Absolutism that Stalin’s rule would be libertarian in comparison.