Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Spoilers Below posted:

What is it with these people and their small heads/big jackets? Why must they tarnish the legacy of David Byrne?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE-mxVxFXLg

Actually, if I'm not mistaken that's an overcoat. If you look closely you can just see what looks like a normal suit underneath the top layer. It's probably still slightly big for an overcoat I'd say it's still acceptable. Not to say his style is acceptable he's obviously just trying and failing to imitate Don Draper and trying to appear all manly like but at least his suit seems to fit decently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

divabot posted:

someone: [claim]
rationalist: LIES LIES LYING LIAR WHO LIES
someone: ok then, [evidence]
rationalist: WHAT WEIRD PERSON COLLECTS EVIDENCE ALSO LIES LIES

Citing to the phrase level doesn't appear to stop this.

Well, this might have hit a bit close to home: http://brazenautomaton.tumblr.com/post/146468594404/someone-claim-rationalist-lies-lies-lying-liar, congrats I guess!

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

The Vosgian Beast posted:

See: St_Rev's paranoia about smart people being memetically poisoned by the evil gramscian damage one gets from reading Immanuel Kant or (((cultural marxists))) or postmodernists and his own refusal to talk to someone who admits to having read any of that.

Kant?????? Why the gently caress would that be a bad thing, he's only of the most important and innovative philosophers this side of 1000AD! Hegel I'd understand, simply because so many of his hated prog-thinkers owe a huge debt to him, but Kant?!?!?

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Silver2195 posted:

Kant's ethics is legitimately terrible, though.

Depends on your definition of terrible, I guess. Pure deontology has fallen out of style, but his influence on, for example, deontological reflexive justifications and arguments for the existence of human rights has been incredible. Gewirth, for example, really has managed to take Kant and use him to provide some great arguments.