Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

bartlebyshop posted:

Justine Tunney is a trans woman who was involved early on in Occupy Wall Street. Various personality conflicts led her to leave the movement and join the Dark Enlightenment - she had a series of tweets to the effect of "just wait, all you people who were mean to nerds in high school, WE'LL SHOW YOU." She is probably one of the most publicly visible NRx people, and works at Google. A BIG dust-up happened in NRx-land because it is full of neo-Nazis and other horrible social conservatives who tend to not welcome trans people with open arms. They continuously described her as a "he" and used all manner of incredibly ugly language to describe her. She also had a huge fight with GBS, as I understand it. Eventually her boss at Google told her to shut up because she was drawing so much internet backdrafting from extreme rightists and leftists of varying stripes.

She claimed she was the leader of Occupy Wall Street because she owns its twitter :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Barudak posted:

Is she the same one who said Obama should appoint some random silicon valley CEO to be president of America or was that a different crazy person?

"Obama should appoint my boss, Eric Schmidt, as CEO of America!"

e: Oh right, I think she also once said something like "A lot of techies are autistic, so if you hate techies than you hate autistic people!"

Jerry Manderbilt has a new favorite as of 03:25 on Oct 15, 2014

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

I was wondering the other day, just how much of the Dark Enlightenment is tied to Silicon Valley psychopath software engineer and venture capitalist types? Like I saw something about PayPal CEO Peter Thiel talking about how "freedom and democracy are incompatible" and poo poo like that.

Speaking of which a high school acquaintance who made himself CEO of a new headphone brand was :qq:-ing about Thiel getting told to gently caress off by Cal students the other day. With poo poo like that, well, good riddance.

Jerry Manderbilt has a new favorite as of 05:37 on Dec 18, 2014

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

This has probably been said before but it amazes me how these types, much like randroids, always think they'll be the glorious captains of industry lording it over the untermenschen instead of burning in the city when Galt goes Galt.

If they read Lord of the Rings, they'd fashion themselves as Gandalf instead of some nameless mook who gets offed in a skirmish.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Polybius91 posted:

You get that a lot with DE/neoreactionary types. I tried reading some Moldbug out of morbid curiosity the other day, but I didn't get very far before his droning, meandering tone made my eyes slide off the screen. If I know fascists, it has something to do with them believing that actually writing things that people have the patience to read is giving in to some sort of modern intellectual degeneracy.

Put him in a trenchcoat and jackboots and the stormtroopers would lynch him instead.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I hate it how they late words we're all familiar with, give them totally different definitions, then just run with it and assume you understand. What the hell is the difference between a 'leftist' and a 'liberal'? Apparently leftists are awesome and you should totally aspire to be one, but liberals are terrible shitheads you should hate. Aren't they synonyms?

Come on, don't tell me you've never listened to Love Me, I'm a Liberal before.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

I find it amusing that Dark Enlightenment thinkers make MTG cards for themselves.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

They desperately want to be the white imperialist dictators.

And they want to live in this world because they think they'll be these white imperialist dictators instead of still being disaffected grunts or peons.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

This is two months late, but the New York Times hired (and within a week or two, let go of) Razib Khan, an "evolutionary race realist". Is he one of these neoreactionary clowns?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

grate deceiver posted:

Lollin at that tiny femininity completely disconected from the rest of the graph

And that "Red Pill Wifery" is on it

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

At least that Srinivasan guy taught at Stanford. Heil Hitler Hoppe was tenured faculty at UNLV for a long time, spreading his quasi-white supremacist, anti-government drivel.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

Basically, Hoppe uses PROPERTY RIGHTS :qq: as a fig leaf for being a goddamn Nazi, and chooses to disregard the fact that the Nazis pretty much looted their way through occupied Europe.

Ah but see, Slavs weren't using their land to its fullest potential so expropriating it was justifi—:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Thiel also hates democracy for giving a voice to women and blacks

So basically par for the course for movement lolbertatians