Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
So does that mean the grenade or asking about stairs in your house isn't the goon shibboleth anymore? This is what I get for skipping this week's secret "destroy the internet" meeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

"AI GOD is killing everyone, except it doesn't seem to be able to identify minorities"

Sweet, looks like I'm going to survive the robot uprising.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
The peak of literature is having an entire doorstopper to explain your political philosophy and then ending it with a 200 page speech literally saying the same thing as the past 400 pages.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

BobHoward posted:

Burritos are from Mexico. The OP channeled by LoB probably doesn’t like that.

They're not even from Mexico, they were made by Mexican Americans in the US and then reverse imported into Mexico afterwards. About as American as baseball and apple pie.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Everything to the left of Breitbart is "center right", try to keep up with the new normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Abstract art made a lot more sense to me once I got really into photography in high school, to the point I was in a dark room literally until I got kicked out and told to go home, and after a while I started trying to recreate reality as closely as possible, later on I found it was really fun to expose different parts of the picture differently or use the developer as a paint brush to get interesting end results. The final photos barely represented the real world in any way but it was so much fun to work with and the end result was still aesthetically pleasing and had meaning to me because of all the time and effort I put into it. So I assume that most abstract art I don't understand comes from a similar place, I know that Picasso did realistic paintings early in his career and then developed cubism later, while I don't necessarily like the end result I'm not exactly going to say it's lazy or lacks merit.

I dunno, other than photography I don't have an artistic bone in my body and sometimes modern artists seems really up their own butt, but that doesn't mean that there is an objective standard to what art is and isn't good, art by it's very nature is subjective and even. Also claiming art is degenerate has a long and proud history of not ending in super dark places, no siree.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oddly enough Prager U's video about the Civil War is exactly the opposite of what you'd expect. An Army guy explains that the South seceded to keep black people as slaves and they all committed treason.

So was this some combination of them not vetting the guy beforehand and him not knowing what the channel is about? I can't imagine why anyone with non-extreme right views would be on a PragerU video.