Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
He just doesn't want to admit that one of the richest men in human history was a black Muslim.

Political Whores posted:

It's always been amazing to me how much the idea of "darkest Africa", as in a land of savages without history, took hold of people considering that the Berlin conference was in 1884 and states like Dahomey and the Asante kingdom are only overtaken by the colonial powers in the late 1890s/early 1900's. It's not like these times are lost in the misty depths of history, there's loving photo evidence of complex societies available on the internet right now.

It's mostly due to Eurocentrism. People like Aurini don't accept that those societies were complex because they lack socio-cultural values common in Western societies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013

divabot posted:

hyper-traditionalist continues to delight and inspire. I am slightly inspired to write a response blog, cultural-kelvinism. I have two posts of this sort of thing to my main tumblr. But I also have no attention span. Ideas for future posts welcomed.

Absolute entropy now!

Egregious Offences has a new favorite as of 18:49 on Jan 10, 2016

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
A podcast I listen to reviewed the new Ghostbusters movie.

Literally the first comment posted:

“Angry White Men” (Quoting a joke made in the episode description that was half a sentence)

Really guys? There were plenty of non-white non-men that thought it was going to be crap as well based on that trailer.

Stop virtue signaling. If you liked it that’s fine, but you’re a lot smarter than that then to just attack people based on their gender and skin color.

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

is it the type of website where someone could have posted that in jest?

It's a comedy podcast, but not a comedically disingenuous podcast.

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
Vox is definitely a shoe-in for a rabid supporter of the Solomani Party, tbh.