Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

. . . is it me or does the guy in the middle look like Count Orlok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013
This is Aurini again, and it leads me to believe he lives in an alternate universe.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

Jack Gladney posted:

It's about 16 minutes in.

Is that before or after he claims that women and black people have never built anything, and contribute nothing to civilization? I know it's silly given that I watched the video first but. . .

That doesn't mean I want to watch it again.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

1stGear posted:

Ahahahahahah

Skip to 1:20 in, when Aurini starts talking and it is completely impossible to hear what he is saying. This was a paid update for patrons of their movie.

How could anyone watch this and think "This is a good use of my money, I have made a correct decision."

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013
Oh lord I ended up on that Lopez guy's blog.

And it sure is a trip,

And he has essays on parenting. This is the first of them. I had trouble handling it. I'm not sure I can tank the rest.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013
No he was raised by lesbians. He's a bisexual dude with a wife. Because you need to have a man and a woman to have a child.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013
Having just tracked down that article, the more I read of this guy the more his protests about not being someone who helps promote anti-gay movements worldwide is more absurd than ever. Like, there he brags about translating an anti-gay speech.

The doublethink required for this boggles my mind.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

Arivia posted:

Here's Aurini failing to be funny: http://youtu.be/LX_pu326mWU

I can kind of see where the jokes are supposed to be.

Instead of laughing I'm hemorrhaging into my brain though.

Pulsedragon has a new favorite as of 16:52 on Nov 4, 2014

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013
So I hate to be the guy who always links the Aurini videos but

His most recent one is where he addresses the criticisms about the fact that he looks like a loving idiot.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

TetsuoTW posted:

fe: Ahaha wait, so making fun of dudes is bad, but so is critiquing their arguments?

I think his problem is that nobody has done anything to disprove his stated fact that "Women today are the most decadent sluts since the fall of Rome." they just kind of point and laugh at him for being a manbaby.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013
Okay I watched more of his videos because I apparently hate myself.

In this one I think he somehow confuses himself for Anita Sarkeesian.

And here Count Orlock teaches us that all women are inherently whores, unless they're sluts (which are whores that lie about what they want from sex), and that feminism causes sluts? Also that communism is a puritanical government state? There's also a really long part about how the post scarcity economy of Star Trek couldn't possibly exist without currency.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

nucleicmaxid posted:

This dude tries so hard to let you know that he doesn't care what you think, and it's SO OBVIOUS that all he cares about is what people think. He almost has a point - ad hominems don't really mean anything - but rather than just dismiss the 'attacks' as ad hominems and moving on, he whines for five and a half minutes. He even gives a quote from some dude that basically says 'Just ignore trolls'. Yet he can't keep himself from responding to defend himself.

Honestly I'm not sure how many options you have if you're trying to have a "debate" with Aurini, other than mocking him, because his points just don't. . . really. . . exist.

Like, I have no idea how I'm supposed to respond to "All women are whores, unless they're sluts" with anything but "That's really obviously wrong holy poo poo dude" when we know his response is going to be "You haven't disproven the fact that all women are, by nature, whores. :smug: "

Okay I do, but mocking laughter would just be taken as an ad hominem.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

UnoriginalMind posted:

I've been following this thread since page one and I haven't seen this posted yet. Someone dropped this link in the DnD pictures thread. If you're like me and can't sit through an entire Aurini video, this will do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdIHK8O5yo

Apologies if it was posted already. FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS.

It's a shame this predates his star trek and sluts vdieo because then we could've gotten the skull in a ushunka with a red star and "Obama" under it.

Because I had to pause for a bit because I was laughing too much.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

Speaking of, the old LessWrong mock thread had a guy summarizing a fanfic called something like "My Little Pony: Friendship is Optimal which was all about how the best of all possible worlds would be to be mind-uploaded into a realistic simulation of a My Little Pony world where the AI won't let you leave and gives you privileges based on how much your behavior matches what it wants. poo poo was amazingly hilarious.

I ended up reading that, and it was a trip. There's a point where a character gets an achievement for having sex with a pony.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

Antivehicular posted:

If I recall the old LW Mock Thread right, the sex wasn't even with a fellow uploaded ex-human, but with an NPC pony that presumably is an AI? Someone never taught the author about not bangin' a website.

IIRC, he also has a job as a ponyworld wizard, which is described as Minecraft but less exciting. Some people have the saddest wish-fulfullment fantasies and write them as fanfic.

EDIT: Also, the "cautionary tale" explanation was a complete fig leaf. Dude was obviously completely enamored with the prospect of foreverial ponitization.

Oh, no yeah, she had been fabricated by the AI specifically to make him care about her, and he was aware of this fact because at one point the AI explains to him "Yeah I'm just blatantly doing all this to emotionally manipulate you, because that's what I was designed to do. I guess?"

There was also a really sad part where one character was miserable as a pony, and was sort of falling into despair because once you go pony you literally can never leave the virtual world she shows up and is just like.

"Hey I know it sucks for you being a cartoon horse, so just let me brainwash you so you don't care about that anymore, that sound cool?" and he agrees.

(Note: I'm paraphrasing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

Jack Gladney posted:

So you're saying those women really deserved it then?

Or perhaps he means they still deserve it because it's still going on it's just a quieter background hum level of death and rape threats.