Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I dont like any other poster being parrot themed its ftl.

e Tho tbf the other poster has an actual parrot and I dont so I think im the one who loses out in this situation

tbp has a new favorite as of 20:48 on Sep 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

just me being silly one day and a friend caught the picture of me on the car! hah we're so wacky

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I know I am super naive but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt :shobon:

i understand and frankly would like to do the same, however, it is very likely that a person is instead pretending to be a Crippled Wheelchair Tattoo Babe and has insanely commited to the fraud for some reason, which is so fascinatingly strange and heartbreaking in my opinion. from one "bird" to another.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

one time i was in my college's dining hall and i saw a bomb rear end babe at another table. definitely an 8.5/10, sitting down eating lunch. what made it even better? she was wearing a liverpool fc shirt. i was in love. however, as someone that was in a budding long term relationship, i did not speak to her and remained a Good man. as i walked out of the dining hall, i looked back and saw that she was in a wheelchair. im still conflicted over this.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Fair enough. And yes MP, while my initial reaction was that pretending to be a girl in a PYF thread is pretty harmless, you're right.

well i think the bad person part is taking someone elses ostensibly private pics and posting them and claiming to represent and be that person, and forge connections with others based on being that person, and it is particularly bad when that person is also crippled

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Minimalist Program posted:

This is a really unfortunate development re: me posting my picture because basically i am good looking enough that people will think im another insane person stealing pictures off instagram.

i will believe you.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Minimalist Program posted:

basically if you post any picture with so much as half a tit in it, some hosed up goon is going to be reverse image searching it in seconds in an attempt to either out you (if fake) or stalk you on facebook (if real)*

*see e.g. crippled german chick, other milquetoast pretty girl stolen from 4chan from this thread, grrrlsweatshirt's purchased sign-pic in GBS etc.

wasnt this event like month after the person started posting pics of the crippled girl

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

I find it odd that gunchicka would slip up about something so basic as Portland. Certainly, if they were fake, they had to have noticed that this lady is German?

your in the denial stage. your thinking to yourself theres a hot cripple goon babe who also likes video games, obsessively talkinga bout video games, thinking about childrens media, reading video game reviews, making fun of people with the wrong opinion, disliking redditt, having fun with gaming, etc. but its too good to be true my dude.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

Nah, I just found it weird that if they messed up their story, they did it over the most obvious location detail

Also hot goon babes who like video games, talking about video games, thinking about childrens media, making fun of people with the wrong opinion, disliking reddit, and having fun with gaming do exist. I married one. Although the "thinking about childrens media" started after we had kids.

wow........

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I think it's probably more likely that they didn't consider the possibility of goons seeing a photograph of a woman then immediately reverse-GISing it to find out more about her so maybe they can get to know her and maybe move into her life with their big strong arms and help her like a good gentleman would.

they didn't think this out very well is what I'm saying

hell who wouldnt want to be a crippled babe on the net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Bloody Cat Farm posted:

Hmm... Makes me wonder why. Not my place to judge. Just curious as to why you'd want to do something like that.

the truth is he wanted to be a sexy babe on the net and came up with the e/n story when caught in his lies.