Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

Winnie the poo and a geisha?

Practicing for my contractor ID photo!

Oh no, what happened to the mighty 'stache?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

JEEVES420 posted:

How many of those clays are re-usable? Last time I had to clean up after a shoot where 4 boxes were used we found a full box worth of unbroken clays...there must be like 5 boxes worth out there at least.

Clays tend to dissintigrate after being exposed to the elements for a while. They may appear intact, but clays found on the ground are usually even more brittle than new ones. They should be fine to hand throw (with one of those hand throwing tools), but if you put them back in a machine, they will probably break inside the hopper or throwing mechanism, jamming up the whole works. Not usually worth the hassle, just end up spending the majority of the time clearing jams.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

Oregon has a coast? Only destination I can think of is Astoria.

Oregon has an awesome coast. For the rv / car camping crowd, Oregon state parks along the coast are tough to beat. Ft. Stevens is great. And they have the 1967 beach bill, which keeps the greedheads from rent seeking on certain public goods.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Look at those bags! Must have been some tired, I tell you what.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

10 Beers posted:

I really wanna see you with Ambrose Burnside facial hair.

I'll give that a try next time I get some vacation time. I have to be able to fit a SCBA when I'm on shift, so certain areas don't get the same growing time as the stache.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

No yah don't

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Scathach posted:

Dank AF just got a '86 Fiero for Xmas, I'll post that later when I actually have time at home that's not spent doing holiday poo poo.

Wowz. I would have thought all of those would be totalled by teenaged dipshits by this point. Knowing nothing about these cars, other than they seemed to be owned by the kind of dude in highschool who would regularly get in roll over incidents, I imagine an intact specimen to be quite a rare thing.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

bronin posted:

(Just kidding, hangovers with children ain’t no fun. They know no mercy)

Ain't that the truth! Sssssshhhhhh little one, it's 5 in the morning. Please go back to sleep. No, it's not time to run up and down the hallway banging on a pot. Stop that right now!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Queen Combat posted:

You do you, live the life you want and be happy :)

This, but please put a lot of thought into it. Make sure you really want to live the rest of your life with a facial scar. And maybe wait on making a final decision until you're off the pain meds.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Teagan posted:

Not on pain meds.
Sorry I assumed you were, based on what you'd said fairly recent about undergoing surgery.

drat, really leanin on the tough part of that gangtag!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Schmeichy posted:

I like the plugs!

Not pleased about having to work today, but I'm here dammit

:same:
Also applies to having worked xmas and boxing day. Not looking forward to getting hauled out of bed tonight because someone saw fireworks and mistook them for a distress flare. :tfrxmas:

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Wet and windy on the Salish Sea for the past few days. At least the warmer temperatures will be good for the heating bill. Also got the traditional boil water notice email today. Yay!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Thanks QC, it needs a bit of a trim, but :effort:

And 6oH, I wish I had musical talent of some sort. I used to juuuust about be able to play the bass line from dawn patrol, and the bass line from black sunshine at about 1/3 the proper tempo.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Desmodus rotundus posted:

As someone who does brows as part of her job, I highly suggest going to see someone and telling them what you want - they can help you shape, tint or do whatever to help you get the brows of your dreaaaaaaaaams.

I doubt anyone can help me achieve my dream of Eugene Levy / Martin Scorsese eyebrows.

Reading what QC wrote re: first time with hair this long, I was thinking "me too", then I realised that I've actually had long hair for quite a while now. Prior to growing it out this time, I was the kind of person who would just shave their head, then maybe let it grow to a couple inches before shaving it again. I just realised it's been like five and a half years since I had a haircut :psypop:

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

D1E posted:

This thread is so unusual for SA. It's full of beautiful nice people being kind and thoughtful to each other. I think only Pet Island and the legendary YOSPOS cat thread are anything like this.

Maybe I'm just reading the wrong subforums though lol. I can't imagine this thread even existing back when I joined SA. I'm old.

QFT. Also, surprisingly, the TFR chat thread is pretty chill, and people are pretty dang supportive in there. It's called something like "don't mix up your coffee sock and falcon sex hat" at the moment, but was previously "captain log ain't dieing! choo choo motherfuckers!" (One of our posters was mis-diagnosed with ALS, and got the relatively good news that it wasn't ALS)

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Aschlafly posted:

This bathroom has c r a z y good lighting and also I guess I'm just leaning into the Tommy Wiseau thing forever now.

Are you in the EU/UK/India? or do other places sometimes use WC on restrooms?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

On the topic of double chins and weight loss, I think the happiest I've ever been was when I noticed my daughter's double chin had returned! Her and I have experienced what is probably the least healthy way to lose and keep weight off: undiagnosed celiac disease. All you have to do is convince your immune system to constantly attack your intestines. Bloody terrifying to see a toddler stop growing, turn into a moody zombie, lose a kilo of weight in 2 weeks, and end up looking like one of the kids in a feed the children charity advertisement, despite every effort to feed them as much of a variety as possible.
At least we now know what was wrong, she's got her chubbiness back, and has normal levels of energy again. I'm feeling far less moody, have far less mental cloudiness, and am looking forward to being able to actually put on some body mass. I always thought I had a super high metabolism, since it seemed like I could eat as much of whatever I wanted and stay within about a 2kg range.
Sucks how much more expensive a lot of gluten free foods are, and how many things that shouldn't have gluten in them have the old "may contain" warning. Also gently caress you rice krispies. You don't need to add barley malt to puffed rice cereal. It's rice cereal, it should have been safe for me. And excluding one ingredient shouldn't double the price!

Eta: I can still chill those beers. I just can't drink them any more :smith:

B33rChiller has a new favorite as of 20:27 on May 24, 2019

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Quiet Feet posted:

That apron is pretty gouda.

No holes in Gouda :colbert:

Really just wanted to show off what my mother in law brought for us! A big bad full of awesome cheese!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Scathach posted:

So there's this site, TomboyX, that has unisex underwear and bathing suits. Check out this non-bikini! It's got little sharks all over!

I'll report back on the underwear once we try a few pairs out. They look hella comfy.

That's awesome, and you look awesome in it!

Icon Of Sin posted:

Shark pattern best pattern!

i just love taking pics of sharks, if you can’t tell

So sleek and smooooooooth

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

Sharks are cool but have you ever seen a Lingcod?????

Lemme help you with that

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

That's great! Nearly made it up to the waters I'm working on. (We just barely receive some transmissions from USCG sector Puget Sound) The weather's been pretty good the past few days. It's a nice change from the past couple years, actually getting some rain in July, so we're not stuck in a constant yellow haze of wildfire smoke. Any chance you might get sent to work at Nanoose Bay? I know the US has people posted/stationed/deployed (I don't know the proper terminology) working the range there. You can tell it's an American on the radio when they say channel "eleven" or "sixteen" instead of channel "one one" or "one six".

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Buried a friend/colleague('s ashes) at sea today.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Hi selfie thread. It's been a while. I don't have many selfies this year. This is may be late June or July. I was hiking and testing out some new gear. Don't make fun of my shirt. :(

Looks like you're having fun! We don't make fun of people's looks or aesthetic choices 'round these parts. This is a chill thread. Welcome.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Cis man, and I can't really say I've been overjoyed with my body, nor have I hated it. It's just me, and what I've been given. Content enough would be a good way to put it.

Good vibes though! I'm visiting the Canadian East coast for the first time. My brother underwent a drastic career turn. Bucking the trend, he moved from the oilfields of Mordor province, to the maritimes to work on a fish boat. We're out here for his wedding!

This place is apparently in the heart of Acadia. It's pretty cool to hear people just speaking French, or English just interchangably, hell even the local radio dj was switching between both during the same interlude.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Strong industrial music video vibes

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Hey Washington/PNW toughcutes, anyone feel like meeting up with me for the Port Angeles crabfest? Thinking of bringing my daughter down on the Coho for the Saturday. Maybe do an overnighter. Pretty sure there's afew of you fine folks living near-ish.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

CannonFodder posted:

I am wearing a hat and wrap around sunglasses and non-ironic facial hair and am taking a selfie in my automobile which means I have Opinions that are Facts.

My factual opinion is that everyone in this thread is awesome.

Goon insecurities DESTROYED by FACTS and LOGIC.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Decided to head in to town early to beat the xmas crowds, a sound plan apart from it being goddamn freezing.

It's big-rear end coat weather MFers.
Aaaaaaaaaaaagh! If it's cold enough for a big coat, you need a toque for those ears. Or maybe a nice furry hat. The memories of my frostbitten youth pain me.

Stay safe out there.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

You're all so beautiful
:emptyquote:

COOL CORN posted:

You're all so beautiful

I'm eating vegan wings and potato wedges and I'm kinda drunk but not watching the big game

:drat: Hell yeah, a Darkthrone shirt.

Here's one of me from the summer.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Yo latenite,, anyone up? Fuckit,I'm @ the moutain condo. All the othe otherfolx crashed. Weeek rear end showing. To be expcted from the children, but allvthe parents are ko'd @ 2300!
On a Saturday no less!

edit fuckit

B33rChiller has a new favorite as of 09:24 on Feb 16, 2020

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

B33rChiller posted:

Yo latenite,, anyone up? Fuckit,I'm @ the moutain condo. All the othe otherfolx crashed. Weeek rear end showing. To be expcted from the children, but allvthe parents are ko'd @ 2300!
On a Saturday no less!

Hahahhaha the "Mods!" Button! Lmao.I'ma record a drunken greeting to my goons. Maybe in the hot tub.

PlageriE ze button sez https://imgur.com/a/z2Zy3Jc

gently caress yoooooooou, and Iloveyou

Eta goodnight y'all

B33rChiller has a new favorite as of 09:26 on Feb 16, 2020

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Bad news. Ibuprophen didn't like to stay down. Nor did water. Rough day today, babysitting a couple little girls with way too much chaotic energy. Could use a saline/dextrose drip.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Everyone, say hi to Peter (Petey) Parker

Today is this little floofball's first day in his new home. His momma was a ragdoll mix and his pappa was big and orange, of undisclosed breed. So far he really enjoys his cuddles, and has been nothing but chill around our 3yo daughter.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

My daughter and I played with spray chalk today. Figured the world could use a little more love.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Petey's getting feisty

Nope, try again.
https://imgur.com/a/FVi2MCv.gif
How do I GIF?

Vvvvv thanks! How do I find that url in the android app?

B33rChiller has a new favorite as of 18:59 on Apr 9, 2020

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Plague beard!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I'm not sure how to articulate how much I love that shirt.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Nur_Neerg posted:

They're 10 foot Wilderness Systems Tarpons! Been exploring the lakes of Snohomish County recently; girlfriend grew up in the city in Bangladesh then moved to Toronto, and wanted to learn to fish. I believe I asked you for a size recommendation at one point in the fishing thread :D We'll be taking 'em out for dungies off Kayak Point when July hits. Last night we snagged a couple rainbows on Flowing Lake and had 'em for dinner. You been out at all recently?

I love the wilderness systems seats. The straps you pull to lift up the thigh suppprts is what sold me on them.

Here's an oldie of me jigging up some rock fish juuuuuuuuust outside a national park / rockfish conservation area.

Edit:

COOL CORN posted:

Hell yeah that hat rules
Thanks, I thought you might dig it!

B33rChiller has a new favorite as of 22:57 on Jun 6, 2020

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Hey tough-cute goons, here's some idle thoughts I've been having on my back patio while my little girl naps.
I'm the last person anyone would hear complaining about hairstylists still being closed. I've always been about low effort and minimal cost hair. For many years I just buzzed my head with clippers. Since I last splurged on a haircut, somewhere around 6 or 7 years ago, I've just washed it, towelled off, and wrapped it in a bun (once it was long enough).
Turns out, even really straight hair will turn itself in to dreadlocks if you don't bother brushing or combing.

Please forgive my facial expression, the sun is bright and hot.
I figure these messed up clumps are going to be a pain once it gets hot out, and I'm not super jazzed that my hair is getting shorter. Fixing these to look ok would mean waaay too much effort. I can now say I've had waist length hair, and dreadlocks. Maybe time to try bearded baldy?

Vvvv moratorium on evictions during the pandemic. And besides, I like those birdies.

B33rChiller has a new favorite as of 22:53 on Jun 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Scathach posted:

Also I have some good news from this hell timeline:

Oh poo poo, I didn't say anything. This is great news!

Elviscat posted:

Is there any way we Goons could come together and fund Scathatch's expensive "Large Sandwich and Cheap Beer" reception? I don't think anyone should start their marriage out broke. I'm not good at this type of thing though.

Scathatch, maybe you could set up and link some sort of fund for your reception and whatnot so interested Goons could provide their well-wishes?

Good idea, I'm in. Put me down for a couple sammiches and a couple cases of brews.

Spinz posted:

I'm reminded of the King from the Walking Dead (not a zombie)

I'll be honest. I don't know if that's good or not? I'm largely ignorant of the Walking Dead beyond the first issue. I skipped the show, and only just started the book.

Moo the cow posted:

Running a no2 trimmer across the entirety of your head would make you look about 10 years younger.

You would have to evict any birds currently living in your hair though.
This has me curious. How old do I look? (Don't worry about offending me. I clearly give very few shits about the state of my appearance)

How old do I look now?