Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

qnqnx posted:

Lost count at this point of cards and tf2 stuff sold and bought, but I have definitely not made a profit.

GabeN's benevolent whisper on the wind: Nor should you, my son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Imp Zone > Let's Play Money Spending in TF2/Dota 2 Game

Wormskull posted:

The best thing I sold was a Professional Kill Streak Shotgun Kit for 14 dollars or whatever. But I just bought TF2 poo poo with it because what the hell else am I going to do with steam money.

I sold a Professional strange SMG for $15 that I was told I was not going to sell ever. Then intermediately after bought a different Professional kit.
Now that I think about it Quake Live coming to Steam maybe could let you buy pro with steambucks, much like with T:A.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Greetings. My name is Wormskull. I spend 200 hours a week in other games to fund my Quake Live habit.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Widestancer posted:

What's the most you've ever made selling virtual goods to nerds?

I made a cool few hundred off of Azmodan runs for people back when you could exploit that as well as off of the RMAH breaking pots and selling stuff from Act 4 Inferno back when you could glitch that as well.

In the wild and crazy days at the start of D3, before the RMAH came up, it wasn't unusual to sell a dude gold, have him buy out a bunch of your items on the AH, and then turn around and sell the guy his own gold back. I made a lot of money off of people like that. All told, D3 made me about a thousand dollars during the life of RMT in the game.

hampsterdance
May 25, 2013

zen death robot posted:

Do you remember former epic poster Sid Vicious? Well he blew his money mostly on poo poo like weed and other things he couldn't afford, but they were mostly tangible items at least!

He sounds like a sound investor after what I blew on graduate school.

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
Sold a hearthstone beta key for 200

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.

I have a courier that's been floating around $70 ever since the end of the spring event. I dunno whether to hold onto it to see if the price goes up or to go ahead and sell it.

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

Only money I've ever made is from CSGO, probably about £15 so far. It helps cheer me up when I remember how poo poo I am at that game, that at least it's paid for itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

When my younger brother was in high school he would get his friends playing wow and then sell gold to them at retardedly inflated prices. He didn't seem to play much; I'm almost certain he was just buying it from farmers and then reselling it at a profit.

• Locked thread