Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Ineptitude posted:

How do you afford Secrets of the Underworld in R29 before you have enough gems to reincarnate?

Im at E108 gems now and with fairy/dwarf/fairy i am able to get E195 coins, which is still very far away from the E200 required for the Secrets of the Underworld. It looks like the amount of gems required is more or less the same amount of gems required for reincarnation which then makes me wonder why dwarf/drow research is even available in R29?

I didn't get it until R31, but it was very easy when I did get it so I probably could have grabbed it earlier. It's worth unlocking in R29 if dwaries are strong enough to do so, since you only need to unlock it once and having it unlocked will make R30 go faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Man. Brainwave gets stupid if you just set up for it to do nothing but combo waiting on updates.

RadicalZeitgeist
Sep 28, 2006
That is my debating point and you are now free to start hurling the chairs around!
Does anyone have a Realm Grinder game somewhere around R16 that they can share the save for? My computer took it upon itself to update the OS last night and that somehow erased my save. :(

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I didn't get it until R31, but it was very easy when I did get it so I probably could have grabbed it earlier. It's worth unlocking in R29 if dwaries are strong enough to do so, since you only need to unlock it once and having it unlocked will make R30 go faster.

Yeah i am going to leave my current run for a while longer until i have the gems required for reincarnation then abdicate to dwairies and see if it is possible to get E200 coins. E187 coins is still going to be needed after every abdication to unlock the dwarf/drow prestige buildings though, which requires around E100 gems so it still sounds like dwarf/drow research is reserved for the latter parts of each reincarnation.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
What you have to remember is it gets faster every loop, but yes, at first it's only near the end of a reincarnation.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

RadicalZeitgeist posted:

Does anyone have a Realm Grinder game somewhere around R16 that they can share the save for? My computer took it upon itself to update the OS last night and that somehow erased my save. :(

I'm on R16 right now. I'll paste the data when I'm next at my computer. Will be about 6 hours from now.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

How do you afford Secrets of the Underworld in R29 before you have enough gems to reincarnate?

Im at E108 gems now and with fairy/dwarf/fairy i am able to get E195 coins, which is still very far away from the E200 required for the Secrets of the Underworld. It looks like the amount of gems required is more or less the same amount of gems required for reincarnation which then makes me wonder why dwarf/drow research is even available in R29?

Even if you never unlock the dwarf/drow researches themselves, secrets of the underworld is a huge upgrade because it lets you ally with dwarf/drow without blocking your ability to do vanilla research. So that's 9 extra upgrades during the vanilla research part of your next reincarnation.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

RadicalZeitgeist posted:

You can probably reload your cloud save from the in-game option to do so. (Assuming you set it up in the first place of course, but with no drawback and a free trophy...) It doesn't automatically overwrite if you're on a game with, say, a lower R (e.g. being fresh R0 instead of properly R16), so you don't have to worry about losing the cloud save itself.

Edly posted:

Even if you never unlock the dwarf/drow researches themselves, secrets of the underworld is a huge upgrade because it lets you ally with dwarf/drow without blocking your ability to do vanilla research. So that's 9 extra upgrades during the vanilla research part of your next reincarnation.

Plus the passive production bonus from spending RP is applied 4 times over (once for the vanilla faction and three times for the prestige faction, since each prestige faction covers three of the six columns).

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

After I've unlocked the 6 Vanilla Heritages in R0, what should I be doing? Just building up gems until I can make a run at Titans? Is there a faction that's best for building up those early gems?

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008
Here's a guide to R0, if you don't mind being mildly spoiled for things you're going to be encountering in the near future, and for secret trophies relating to faction spells.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The basic idea for low Rs is to go Elf for base gems, go Goblin around 10k-100k to drastically speed up gem production/FC production, Demon from 1B onward to get a more massive boost, Titan (if you're saving excavations) or Druid/Faceless (if you can afford a couple excavations) to get to around 100Qi gems, then prestige from there. My R0 took until 1Sx to get prestiges unlocked. After a certain point your production bonuses from reincarnating should even let you skip straight to prestige from Demons.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Here you go.

R16 save

http://pastebin.com/Y9aSFQ4Z

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I managed to unlock Secrets of the Underworld in R29 with dwairies and fairy bloodline, at 1,2E112 gems and zero excavations. If i had done a big chunk of excavations for royal exchanges and/or gotten E113 gems things would have been a lot faster. It took me about 4 hours to do so i wouldn't recommend doing it at E111 gems (it would take roughly 10 times as long i guess)
I had already maxed out my excavations on an earlier abdication for the Earth Core artifact

While neutral research never really impressed me (no big jump in production) getting dwarf research was a gigantic boost. With a fairly bad angel/dwarf build i am already at E117 gems, still in R29 (E117 is enough to abdicate at R30)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Jayme posted:

Here's a guide to R0, if you don't mind being mildly spoiled for things you're going to be encountering in the near future, and for secret trophies relating to faction spells.

I've been following this guide, but this part:

thecluckmeme posted:

Titan (if you're saving excavations) or Druid/Faceless (if you can afford a couple excavations) to get to around 100Qi gems

Is where I appear to be stuck now. I've unlocked both Titan and Druid Heritages, but things seem very slow on my current Druid run, especially in the FC department, and as I'm new, I'm gun shy about doing too many Excavations. What should be my criteria for determining if I can "afford a couple excavations"?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
There is no hard and fast rule since it depends on how much you're multiplying your gems by each run. In general don't be afraid to excavate enough to unlock all your faction upgrades.

Worst case scenario next run you won't be able to excavate at first and have to make FCs the slow way, but if you hadn't excavated you would have been doing that on the previous run, so you aren't actually losing any time.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I found titan to be way faster in R0, but some people swore by druids. The nice thing about titan is free gems.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, I've never been able to make druids be anything other than a waste of my time.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

thecluckmeme posted:

The basic idea for low Rs is to go Elf for base gems, go Goblin around 10k-100k to drastically speed up gem production/FC production, Demon from 1B onward to get a more massive boost, Titan (if you're saving excavations) or Druid/Faceless (if you can afford a couple excavations) to get to around 100Qi gems, then prestige from there. My R0 took until 1Sx to get prestiges unlocked. After a certain point your production bonuses from reincarnating should even let you skip straight to prestige from Demons.

Skipping to prestige is just the beginning, by the mid-R20s you're spending about five minutes on Demons to catapult a bit into merc territory, and 3-4 runs later you're already in the research phase.

Part of the genius of this game is you advance both coming and going. It doesn't just give you bigger numbers and new upgrades each reincarnation, you also get to compress the various early game phases until they disappear.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

And in the mid 30s you basically just go straight into Dwairies research and don't give a gently caress.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kyrosiris posted:

And in the mid 30s you basically just go straight into Dwairies research and don't give a gently caress.

And then after you ascend the whole game turns upside down. E145 goes from being laughable to being one of the top tier picks because it's always a 100% bonus, which sucks next to a 4-5 digit % number but is great compared to a 2 digit % one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

REINCARNATE

• Locked thread