Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to drop from the league first?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 0 0%
JB 0 0%
Sly 2 33.33%
Dio 0 0%
Piper 1 16.67%
AF 1 16.67%
Wreckus 2 33.33%
Cletus 0 0%
Total: 6 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

LOL #1 again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I'll play mine at some point late late tonight and be ready for whatever lovely insignificant bowl they dump Wisconsin in.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I'm in the central timezone. How early in the morning can you go?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
I could start a game today between 11AM and 3PM eastern. If needed I could play a game at 11PM eastern but I'd rather wait and try to work out a time on Monday/Tuesday. If we can't then should put me on AP, I won't be playing in the B1G championship game and delaying the league for 10 days for one user game is silly.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

I could start a game today between 11AM and 3PM eastern. If needed I could play a game at 11PM eastern but I'd rather wait and try to work out a time on Monday/Tuesday. If we can't then should put me on AP, I won't be playing in the B1G championship game and delaying the league for 10 days for one user game is silly.

We're gonna have to wait because CPU VT (#2) will lose their sim this week, and if you beat AF you'll be playing either Cletus or ZSB in the BCSCG. I can't let a sim determine that outcome.

gently caress.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

John Brown posted:

CPU VT (#2) will lose their sim this week

To UVA? Haha my wife's biggest fear come to virtual fruition.

AF I have Tuesday off as well so anytime Monday works for me. I'd prefer early afternoon or really late EDT but if we have to do some crazy hour (Italy time) I can deal so that we don't hold up the dynasty too much.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

Indeed. According to the in-game breaks and ticker UVA wins 30-10 or something like that.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Indeed. According to the in-game breaks and ticker UVA wins 30-10 or something like that.

EA SPORTS AND THEIR BULLSHIT.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Slywalker13 posted:

AF I have Tuesday off as well so anytime Monday works for me. I'd prefer early afternoon or really late EDT but if we have to do some crazy hour (Italy time) I can deal so that we don't hold up the dynasty too much.

I can go Monday. You have a time?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

AfterFather posted:

I can go Monday. You have a time?

Would you be able to go at 11 am eastern ? Keep an eye here in case we get home late.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We'll advance shortly after AF and Sly play their game.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Slywalker13 posted:

Would you be able to go at 11 am eastern ? Keep an eye here in case we get home late.

Yeah I can go around that time.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Not positive what the issue is. I've got a VPN router behind our crappy Italian one and have tried both with no luck. Last time I had a problem like the were were on the lovely hotel's internet. My only thought is that the Bataan is in port right now and all the guys/gals on the boat are on base buying laptops and ipads with their saved up money so they could be sucking up our bandwwidth. I would say we try again once they put to sea (should be a day or two) and hope it works then unless anyone else has any ideas.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
What's happening? Your Xbox isn't connecting to XBL at all, or are you just having trouble within the game? If just within the game, is it just when triyng to connect to AF, or can you not get any random online game to work either? Have you been able to play a game before where you're at with the same setup?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

cletus42o posted:

What's happening? Your Xbox isn't connecting to XBL at all, or are you just having trouble within the game? If just within the game, is it just when triyng to connect to AF, or can you not get any random online game to work either? Have you been able to play a game before where you're at with the same setup?

I guess I could have given more information. I invite him to the game and we start but right after we make our decisions after the coin flip is says our connection was lost. and boots us. I tried to have him invite me but I never even saw the invite. I have played most my games for the current ACC and B1G seasons on this setup.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Both of you should restart your modems and routers. Most times that fixes everything.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

John Brown posted:

Both of you should restart your modems and routers. Most times that fixes everything.

Tried that on my end. AF put himself on AP but I'd rather get this done if possible. I'm good most of tomorrow Italy time too.

Edit: I could try again in a couple hours if you want to try after resetting on your end.

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 13, 2014

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
We could try again tonight if you can play. Yeah the game would boot the both of use right after the coin flip so I have no idea what's causing the issue.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

AfterFather posted:

We could try again tonight if you can play. Yeah the game would boot the both of use right after the coin flip so I have no idea what's causing the issue.

I'm off tomorrow so I suppos3 I could wake up to try again. Name literally any time after 3 eastern and I'll give it a shot. If you post after I go to bed in a couple hours... I likely won't be there.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I dont know if I'll be available at any decent time after 3 Est. I'm working a ton of over time trying to get ready for the Holidays. I can be available after 11 or 12 est.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

One more day and then I'm advancing tomorrow night.

Dio and Piper both have CPU games.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Baby just woke me up so I'll be awake while he has a bottle. if you want to give it a try again at 11 eastern let me know.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
We manage to get the game in an USC blanks UCLA 24-0 with fewer than 400 yards between us.

I thought it was crazy that M. Lee isn't running away with the Heisman but looking at MU's dude...I guess I can see why. Maybe I should've put Lee in as my returner as well :downs:. Only kidding, how you manage to run so many back is crazy. I think I've done one this whole game across all leagues and CPU games. Every kick I make against you and JB I consider squibbing it.

Sorry for the stat scumming this season. I never restarted to get a better game but given Lee starts out at 99 OVR and stuck around through 3 seasons (including one redshirt) I just wanted to see how far I could push him. He's probably done me more bad than good as now I use a wideout as my checkdown and that will likely transfer to other (read: ACC) league(s).

edit: AF I hope you didn't sacrifice real life too much to play this. I meant 11PM with my last post but I could see how that was ambiguous.

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 14, 2014

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Nah I didnt, GG dude.

I played like rear end and my defense kept the game close. I should just find an offense and stick with it.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll knock mine out this evening

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

:siren: Conference Championship Week! :siren:

THE GAME

#1 tOSU (ZSB) @ #2 Michigan (cletus)

Attention all, if you'd like to switch to ANY team within the B1G or PAC 12 that isn't already occupied then let me know now. We will speed through the offseason because those are boring.

Some teams to consider are: Oregon, Stanford, Iowa, and Cal.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Alright! It's TIME!!!

ZSB, when is good for you? I should be able to find a block of time any evening.

Slywalker13 posted:

I thought it was crazy that M. Lee isn't running away with the Heisman but looking at MU's dude...I guess I can see why. Maybe I should've put Lee in as my returner as well :downs:. Only kidding, how you manage to run so many back is crazy. I think I've done one this whole game across all leagues and CPU games. Every kick I make against you and JB I consider squibbing it.
Hayes is really good at kick returns. I don't have the same success in other dynasties. He has 3 KR TDs this season - and that's out of only 19 attempts! Last season I had at least 5 KR TDs with him. It's definitely going to suck losing him.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 15, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
mother fucker, Auburn stole my QB prospect after Week 15. My QBs are poo poo next season.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Looks like my defense will be salty again next year with these players returning. Hopefully I can get some time in position changes to get them in the right spots. Offense looks like it can be scary if I can get my head out of my rear end and select one offense to run.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Alright! It's TIME!!!

ZSB, when is good for you? I should be able to find a block of time any evening.

Hayes is really good at kick returns. I don't have the same success in other dynasties. He has 3 KR TDs this season - and that's out of only 19 attempts! Last season I had at least 5 KR TDs with him. It's definitely going to suck losing him.

How this happened is beyond me, given that we should prb be in the same division. I'll take it though. I honestly won't really have time until Saturday night at the earliest. I may have time later tonight, but with my officiating I don't get to spend as much time with my lady as I'd like so I prb have an evening with her lined up.

Thursday/Friday I'm officiating, and I work all Saturday. At the latest Sunday morning?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

How this happened is beyond me, given that we should prb be in the same division.

Exactly what I was thinking lol. I clearly botched the division alignment somehow.

E:

AfterFather posted:

Looks like my defense will be salty again next year with these players returning. Hopefully I can get some time in position changes to get them in the right spots. Offense looks like it can be scary if I can get my head out of my rear end and select one offense to run.

We'll advance in 24-hr intervals excluding redshirting and recruiting. I'll allow 2-3 days for that.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 15, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

How this happened is beyond me, given that we should prb be in the same division. I'll take it though. I honestly won't really have time until Saturday night at the earliest. I may have time later tonight, but with my officiating I don't get to spend as much time with my lady as I'd like so I prb have an evening with her lined up.

Thursday/Friday I'm officiating, and I work all Saturday. At the latest Sunday morning?
The universe demands that no season passes without Michigan and Ohio State playing.

What I don't get is the media poll rankings that put USC at #2 and Michigan at #3, when USC has one more loss and lost head-to-head against Michigan during the season. (the other polls have it right)

I'm definitely around tonight, so if you have a chance, just turn on your box and see if I'm online. Otherwise, Sunday morning should be fine for me. You can also message me on GroupMe - I have the app on my phone so I'll get an alert if you do.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey ZSB, I PM'd you but in case you don't see it - I'm working from home today, so if you're around, hit me up.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Hey ZSB, I PM'd you but in case you don't see it - I'm working from home today, so if you're around, hit me up.

I am not around at all today, sorry man. Officiating eats up most of my Thursday Friday evening time and I've had to go back to working Saturdays again so yeah.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Oct 17, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Do you know what times you might be good to go? Tomorrow morning before noon?

I'm completely free today/tonight (wife's at a bachelorette party) and then tomorrow I think I should be mostly free all day with a few exceptions.

I'm going to be so nervous. Huge game for both schools, being THE rivalry, for the Big10 championship, and for a berth in the BCS championship. And it looks like that game would be either you trying to avenge your loss against USC, or USC trying to do the same against me. Exciting end of the season!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Enjoy it because I'll have to fix the divisions in the offseason, so this will never happen again.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ZSB, I'm online now and will be for a few hours while I do some work on my computer.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

ZSB, I'm online now and will be for a few hours while I do some work on my computer.

I need to eat some breakfast and Skype with my family here so maybe around noon CT would that be okay? I'll be around today, so if I miss you let's just shoot for this afternoon or evening.

Time for me to actually claim a drat B1G title.

Although I never like rematches for titles, but oh well.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I need to eat some breakfast and Skype with my family here so maybe around noon CT would that be okay? I'll be around today, so if I miss you let's just shoot for this afternoon or evening.

Time for me to actually claim a drat B1G title.

Although I never like rematches for titles, but oh well.
I think I'm going to be heading to the grocery store around 12:30pm CT after my wife gets done having brunch with a friend - but we're not getting much since we're leaving Thursday for Baton Rouge (geaux to hell Ole Miss!). Once we get back I'll be around the rest of the day.

If I see you hop on around noon I can send my wife a text message to see if I have time to play before we leave, otherwise I'll just hop online when we get back and whenever you can get on, I should be here.

And this is not a rematch! We didn't play in the regular season. (unless you're talking about the BCS championship, which looks like it will be a rematch of MICHIGAN and USC)

edit - if you can make it before noon CT then we can definitely start the game. I'll just message my wife and tell her to take a little longer. She just left and I explained the importance of the game to her. I'm preeeetty sure she understood.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

I think I'm going to be heading to the grocery store around 12:30pm CT after my wife gets done having brunch with a friend - but we're not getting much since we're leaving Thursday for Baton Rouge (geaux to hell Ole Miss!). Once we get back I'll be around the rest of the day.

If I see you hop on around noon I can send my wife a text message to see if I have time to play before we leave, otherwise I'll just hop online when we get back and whenever you can get on, I should be here.

And this is not a rematch! We didn't play in the regular season. (unless you're talking about the BCS championship, which looks like it will be a rematch of MICHIGAN and USC)

edit - if you can make it before noon CT then we can definitely start the game. I'll just message my wife and tell her to take a little longer. She just left and I explained the importance of the game to her. I'm preeeetty sure she understood.

I'll prb hop on shortly so we can get this thing done. I'll do family stuff after that. Like 1130 ct

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 19, 2014

• Locked thread