Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to drop from the league first?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 0 0%
JB 0 0%
Sly 2 33.33%
Dio 0 0%
Piper 1 16.67%
AF 1 16.67%
Wreckus 2 33.33%
Cletus 0 0%
Total: 6 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I'll prb hop on shortly so we can get this thing done. I'll do family stuff after that. Like 1130 ct
Sweet. I'm booted up and ready to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I forget, bowl week is after this?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

OH well still the biggest under achiever here. OSU falls to Michigan 42-28, despite allowing only 68 passing yards (mostly cause I gave up 280 rushing yards). A late 4th quarter fumble basically sealed it, but I didn't lead once the entire game. GG Cletus enjoy your rematch while I soak up a 12th win in the Capitol One Bowl or something.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Congrats old top, savor it now. I'm coming for ya next year

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GG ZSB!

Hayes won another game - a 64 yard TD, a 40 yard TD, and a 30 yard run to the 1 yard line that he got in on the next play. Couldn't get anything going in the passing game, but with runs like that, it didn't matter. But you had an answer to everything up until that fumble.

No KR/PR TDs in the game, but Michigan did get a 103 yard pick 6.

I'm guessing it's either going to be a rematch with #1 Michigan / #2 USC or possibly #1 Michigan / #2 Ohio State. Maybe I'll get lucky and Kansas State will get the nod.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Bowl Week!

:siren: BCSCG :siren:
#1 Michigan (cletus) vs #2 USC (Slywalker)

CPU Games:
Everyone but Wreckus.

Last call for anyone wanting to switch teams during the offseason!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

:siren: BCSCG :siren:
#1 Michigan (cletus) vs #2 USC (Slywalker)
Sly, when can you play?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
This week I'm on a fairly typical schedule for me. I can go from 12PM EDT - 3PM EDT everyday. I can wake up early and play a game at 11PM EDT one day but I'd rather not if it can be avoided.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

This week I'm on a fairly typical schedule for me. I can go from 12PM EDT - 3PM EDT everyday. I can wake up early and play a game at 11PM EDT one day but I'd rather not if it can be avoided.
Worst case, I'm flying out on Thursday to Baton Rouge, and will be working from home before I head to the airport - but I'd want to start right at noon if we play that day.

I'll see if I can swing another day though - possibly tomorrow - I'd prefer not to be playing the day I leave - I get stressed the gently caress out about getting to the airport on time. I'll let you know.

Can't believe you stole that Heisman right out from under me, with Lee not even playing and Hayes having a pretty monster game!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
So yeah I'll be home tomorrow for sure, so we can do this. If you won't be able to do tomorrow for some reason, though, let me know ASAP.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Are you able to play closer to mid-afternoon? When I get back from work I have kid duty while the wife gets some silly long haircut. I should be free at 3PM EDT and can def go by then and maybe a bit before.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Are you able to play closer to mid-afternoon? When I get back from work I have kid duty while the wife gets some silly long haircut. I should be free at 3PM EDT and can def go by then and maybe a bit before.
Yeah, that should be fine - I'll be home all day.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Michigan manages to just barely kick a FG over the cross bar to win 31-28. Tough to come back from 3 picks, that last option play I ran worked too well, wish it hadn't left 30 seconds on the clock.

GG Cletus, I think your Michigan offence is the most frustrating one I've ever played. Normally I just try to allow people to dink and dunk me until they make a mistake and you never do. That and you killed me on those out routes at the end there despite me switching to zone. Not sure what else to do to defend them.

edit: I'm also trying to figure out if holding Hayes to 36 yards but 4 TD is a moral victory or a defeat.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
congrats Cletus. You earned it.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GO BLUE!

Slywalker13 posted:

Michigan manages to just barely kick a FG over the cross bar to win 31-28. Tough to come back from 3 picks, that last option play I ran worked too well, wish it hadn't left 30 seconds on the clock.

GG Cletus, I think your Michigan offence is the most frustrating one I've ever played. Normally I just try to allow people to dink and dunk me until they make a mistake and you never do. That and you killed me on those out routes at the end there despite me switching to zone. Not sure what else to do to defend them.

edit: I'm also trying to figure out if holding Hayes to 36 yards but 4 TD is a moral victory or a defeat.
GG! That was a wild one that went down to the wire. I wasn't sure I'd be able to get within field goal range and with no timeouts it was intense.

There was that one weird thing that happened in the 4th quarter - did I intercept it and somehow fumble it to your guy mid-air? The game stats only showed the INT, but not the fumble recovery. And it wouldn't let me replay the INT play either.

Lee was so fast, and I was double covering him more often than not - and he was still breaking out behind my secondary. Luckily it paid off twice to stay on him with the 1 end zone pick and the other at the 1 yard line - without those picks, the game would have been completely different.

And I just could not get my running game going at all against you. I mean, in the conference championship, I passed for around 60 yards and rushed for almost 300. It was the exact opposite here. I mean I could still push it in when I was a few yards out (resulting in the Hayes TDs), but you were crushing me everywhere else on the field. I guess that speaks well for my team that they can go down either path and have success.

WOOOO! MICHIGAN WINS THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

The Piper posted:

congrats Cletus. You earned it.
Thanks! I can die happy now! :)

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Lot's of CPU games left.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Lot's of CPU games left.

I'll do mine after work

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Just took care of mine

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll aim to get mine in sometime I dunno, if not you can sim it if I'm holding things up. Yay Capitol One Bowl....

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

John Brown posted:

Last call for anyone wanting to switch teams during the offseason!

Please add Notre Dame to the Big 10 TIA.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

AfterFather posted:

Please add Notre Dame to the Big 10 TIA.

That's gonna be a negative. They have 3 losses and are only #15 in recruiting - no much of a threat.

I'm going to do a recap and move us into the offseason in a bit.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Congrats to Cletus! You won The Game of a lifetime, and defeated the mighty Trojans for the BCSCG.

Final Rankings
#1 Michigan 13-1
#3 Nebraska 11-2
#4 OSU 12-2
#6 USC 10-3
#17 NU 9-4
#20 UCLA 9-4
#21 Michigan St. 8-5
URC: Penn St., Wisconsin

Award Winners
M. Lee WR USC - Heisman, Maxwell, Walter Camp and Biletnikoff Awards
L. Dawson LB USC - Bednarik,and Best LB Awards
T. Charlton LE Michigan - Nagurski and Lombardi Awards
J. Boren C OSU - Outland and Rimington Awards
J. Hayes HB Michigan - Walker Award
S. Cotton TE Nebraska - Mackey Award
L. Alexander SS Nebraska - Thorpe Award
E. Rogers FS Nebraska - Best Returner Award

All American B1G Honors

First Team All Americans
HB - J. Hayes Michigan
HB - A. Abdullah Nebraska
WR - M. Lee USC
TE - S. Cotton Nebraska
T - T. Decker OSU
LG - T. Brown OSU
C - J. Miller Michigan
RG - C. Bryant Michigan
LE - T. Charlton Michigan
LE - J. Bosa OSU
DT - V. Valentine Nebraska
DT - O. Pipkins Michigan
MLB - L. Dawson USC
ROLB - J. Ruffin USC
FS - D. Thomas Michigan
SS - L. Alexander Nebraska
RS - E. Rogers Nebraska

Second Team All Americans
HB - B. Dunn OSU
HB - P. Perkins UCLA
WR - J. Turner Nebraska
TE - K. Carter Penn St.
C - J. Boren OSU
RG - A. Underwood OSU
RT - Z. Sterup Nebraska
RE - A. Moss Nebraska
MLB - J. Bolden Michigan
CB - E. Apple OSU
SS - J. Lewis Michigan
RS - D. Wilson OSU

Freshman All Americans
WR - C. Gipson UCLA
C - J. Green OSU
RG - A. Clark UCLA
MLB - M. Harris UCLA
CB - M. Allen UCLA
CB - T. West Nebraska
FS - M. Rowe OSU
RS - E. Rogers Nebraska

All American Breakdown By School
OSU - 10
Nebraska - 9
Michigan - 8
UCLA - 5
USC - 3
Penn St. - 1

Players of the Year
B1G OPOTY - M. Lee USC
B1G DPOTY - L. Dawson USC
B1G Coach OTY - Cletus Calhoun

We're now at Players Leaving! You have 24hrs to take 5mins of your time and convince young men across the country to stay enslaved for another year.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Woo!

Michigan is done with players leaving. So many good players gone..

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Apparently my 98 OVR HB Ameer Abdullah is going undrafted.

That's a hate crime :colbert:

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Goodbye Brett Hundley :qq: Enjoy being a bust in the NFL.

Hello TJ Millweard :getin:

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Well goons, it's been a fun ride but I'm retiring from NCAA. I play too much PS4 to justify doing these leagues anymore. This dynasty was a fun challenge for me using a lower-prestige team which also happened to be my alma mater. I never realistically thought I'd compete for division titles, I just wanted to ruin some peoples seasons with upsets. Beating USC this season was especially rewarding.

If any of you ever end up on PS4 my PSN handle is: nasty-niss. I also have a XBone which is collecting dust nicely. I'm actually fairly optimistic that we'll get more NCAA games in a few years once they figure out the legal bullshit. When there's money to be made, EA will figure out a way. I hope you guys keep these dynasties going for years to come.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I knew what that post was about as soon as I saw it was from you :negative:

I'm currently undecided on Madden but I'm sure when these servers die I'll get the urge for E-football again.

Thanks for the crazy games we had early on!

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Piper, you're a solid dude and were always a welcome presence in these dynasties. Godspeed

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Always welcome in the ACC mang, see you once they make a new one down the line.

Of course the only guy that leaves is a FR DT who was a 5* who felt like he wouldn't make an impact when my entire D line is about to leave. So many seniors gone haha.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Anyone need more time to do Players Leaving?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Did it from the web I'm good

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

The Piper posted:

Well goons, it's been a fun ride but I'm retiring from NCAA. I play too much PS4 to justify doing these leagues anymore. This dynasty was a fun challenge for me using a lower-prestige team which also happened to be my alma mater. I never realistically thought I'd compete for division titles, I just wanted to ruin some peoples seasons with upsets. Beating USC this season was especially rewarding.

If any of you ever end up on PS4 my PSN handle is: nasty-niss. I also have a XBone which is collecting dust nicely. I'm actually fairly optimistic that we'll get more NCAA games in a few years once they figure out the legal bullshit. When there's money to be made, EA will figure out a way. I hope you guys keep these dynasties going for years to come.

:negative: Hopefully I'll get to play you again sometime.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Offseason Recruiting! You've got until 8pm CT tomorrow.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Sad to see you go Piper, we had some great games! I'll probably be getting a PS4 or XB1 when next year's Madden rolls around. Will decide which console based on which one most of you guys go with for a Madden league. Been playing in a Madden 25 league and am starting to get a feel for it, though I will always hold out hope for another NCAA game.

Michigan is done with recruiting. If I land the ones I targeted, I'll end up with at least 10 5* recruits - that's gotta be a record!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

cletus42o posted:

Sad to see you go Piper, we had some great games! I'll probably be getting a PS4 or XB1 when next year's Madden rolls around. Will decide which console based on which one most of you guys go with for a Madden league. Been playing in a Madden 25 league and am starting to get a feel for it, though I will always hold out hope for another NCAA game.

Michigan is done with recruiting. If I land the ones I targeted, I'll end up with at least 10 5* recruits - that's gotta be a record!

If you wanna play goon Madden its PS4; all the 360 guys and PS3 guys are on it and we have a 26 team league right now.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm r2a, but goddamn cletus, you've got 7 commits from people who are #1 at their position.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Doing my recruiting now. It's lookin bleak, next season will be different actually getting a head start.

I don't have a fast qb anymore :(

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

AF, ZSB, Sly, and Wreckus, you have 90mins until we advance.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Position Changes - 24hrs - next advance at 8pm CT on Sunday.

For anyone who does this from the web, iirc I think there's a glitch that won't show which positions you have moved the players to do, but it still registers the change.

Let me know if this is indeed true.

E: I think I just broke the game :getin:

John Brown fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Hmmm I did my recruiting.. I guess it didnt show me as Ready.

• Locked thread