Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to drop from the league first?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 0 0%
JB 0 0%
Sly 2 33.33%
Dio 0 0%
Piper 1 16.67%
AF 1 16.67%
Wreckus 2 33.33%
Cletus 0 0%
Total: 6 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
For your OP and people scheduling:

Dubious - Wisconsin - GT is Dubious28SS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

If I have a game I will play it tonight

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Tried to play my game twice now and I have an issue where Oregon lines up with 4 QBs and 5 WRs and can't snap the ball. When I sim it crashes my game. I worry I may lose this game with a sim but whatever

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Tried to play my game twice now and I have an issue where Oregon lines up with 4 QBs and 5 WRs and can't snap the ball. When I sim it crashes my game. I worry I may lose this game with a sim but whatever

I wish I had the ability (as commish) to change CPU depth charts and play another user's game for them.

That would not only fix this but also be bad rear end.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, are you comfortable with a sim?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

John Brown posted:

ZSB, are you comfortable with a sim?

Oh umm, yeah I guess so I thought I played my game. But I guess if I can have till midnight that'd be sweet.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Oh umm, yeah I guess so I thought I played my game. But I guess if I can have till midnight that'd be sweet.

That's fine. Just post when it's finished so I can advance us.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio, did you try erasing all of the game's data from your hard drive? That's helped several of us with problems. You have until midnight to try this and get that game in.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

WOW. Even after years of getting torched Oregon has a good enough team to best Dio's stacked squad in a sim, 42-28 Ducks. Sorry Dio! Def try my suggestion. You can use a flash to transfer/save your PBs.

We're at Week 3!

User Matchups:

#12 NWU (Piper) @ #4 UCLA (AF)
#8 Michigan St (Dio) @ #9 USC (Sly)

CPU Games:
Michigan (Cletus)
Penn St. (Wreckus)
Wisconsin (Dubious)
OSU (ZSB)

Let's advance Saturday morning or immediately following the last user game - whichever comes latest.

E: Jesus. In addition to Dio losing, Oregon becomes the #1 ranked team and doesn't matchup against another user for the rest of the season. Let EA fuckery begin.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I don't think its anything on my end that made Oregon line up like that and I pretty much knew I would lose a sim because gently caress EA. Pisses me off that I have to lose a big game because I can't even play it due to bugs

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
AF, can you play tonight? 7PM EST to 10PM EST window work for you?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
#3 Michigan crushes UNLV, 77-7.

Did a mass sub early in the 4th, backup QB Bellomy went 5/5 for 115 yards and 3 TDs. 2 of those TDs were with TE Richard Butt.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

The Piper posted:

AF, can you play tonight? 7PM EST to 10PM EST window work for you?

I will not be able to play until after 11 PM EST. Would you be able to play in the morning?'

Diodeous posted:

Oregon was broken the last 2 times I played them. It's because they're still using a custom playbook that cannot be loaded without the user. The same thing happened during the Coaching Carousel after Kancho took his hiatus.

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 6, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

So, unless someone joins up and switches their playbook or we never schedule them again, a user always risks a sim loss to them. That sucks...

Sly, let me know when you can play. After tonight I'll be free most evenings and nights and can potentially do some mornings

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

AfterFather posted:

I will not be able to play until after 11 PM EST. Would you be able to play in the morning?'

I'd prefer not to play that late and I work mornings. How does your weekend look? I'm free mid-day Saturday and all day Sunday.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
I can go most days from 1200-1500, earlier and a tad later on the weekend and maybe start a game at 2359 on Thursday if needed.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I work every day from 730 est to 430 est so I doubt I can make any of those times during the week and even starting at midnight for me is pushing it, but lets figure something out

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Against Oregon, what happens if you just let the play clock keep running out on them? I'm not really sure what's happening in the game, I just saw you couldn't sim the plays.

Going to suck if they make it to the NC against a user.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

For me it just kept stacking penalties

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

So, unless someone joins up and switches their playbook or we never schedule them again, a user always risks a sim loss to them. That sucks...

Think we can get one of the non-goons from the SEC to help us out with this? They'd just have to join up, set the Oregon playbook under Coach Philosophy, and then quit...or stay lol.

AfterFather posted:

Oregon was broken the last 2 times I played them. It's because they're still using a custom playbook that cannot be loaded without the user. The same thing happened during the Coaching Carousel after Kancho took his hiatus.

How can this be when Kancho is no longer in the dynasty? Does his HC need to be fired or what?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

:feelsgood:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Cool! Did you recruit a better HC as well? :smug:

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Cool! Did you recruit a better HC as well? :smug:
I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos with the best offensive strategies.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos with the best offensive strategies.

It's all good man I'm just trolling. You'll likely beat me because I've been playing very subpar lately.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Well gently caress I cannot get instant commits but you dudes seem to be racking them up. I wait till I'm #1 and welp, I guess it just doesn't like me. It says 20% chance I have more like a 5% incidence rate.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I want that #2 G!

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Sweet Lord. Are you offering guys free tattoos and cars or something?

Dio, how about 2359 Friday night? Otherwise what about early afternoon Saturday?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Friday night sounds good to me

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

I want that #2 G!

Back the gently caress up. I am literally putting everything I can into those guards.

E: We're advancing Saturday morning and several of you still have CPU games.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Back the gently caress up. I am literally putting everything I can into those guards.

E: We're advancing Saturday morning and several of you still have CPU games.

Hopefully I can play my game, but I'll be out of town over the weekend so welp.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Hopefully I can play my game, but I'll be out of town over the weekend so welp.

When will you be back in town?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

I don't think I can get my game with AF in until Sunday.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

When will you be back in town?

Late saturday night or Sunday.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Alright, we'll advance Sunday night then. Piper, if AF can't play Sunday and/or doesn't post by that afternoon, I'll put him on AP.

I'm aiming towards a 9-10pm CT advance tomorrow night. Hope it works out for everyone!

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I can play Sunday. I've been very busy so I havent had much time to play.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

AfterFather posted:

I can play Sunday. I've been very busy so I havent had much time to play.

No worries. It seems like several of you have been busy, and on top of that, you have a user game in all 3 dynasties this week. I don't think that's ever happened to someone.

Thanks for speaking up!

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

AF, I can play anytime after 4pm EST today

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

The Piper posted:

AF, I can play anytime after 4pm EST today

Ok I'll be on

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're now at Week 4!

User Matchups:
:siren: #3 Michigan(cletus) at #4 UCLA (AF) :siren:

CPU Games:
Mich St.
USC
Nebraska

Byes:
NWU
Penn St.
Wisconsin
OSU

Geez. Let's try to speed through this week. I'll advance us by Wednesday night for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

I didn't have time to post about it yesterday but AF beat me somewhat handily. I was down only 10 going into the 4th quarter and drove into the red zone with roughly 3 minutes left but shanked a make-able FG attempt. So being down 2 scores with only 3 minutes left I run-committed my D and AF threw a long TD bomb and the game was over.

My defense again played well but my offense simply wasn't there. I thrive on short passes to my RBs but AF's linebackers were constantly in the right position to stop those. I have a very limited vertical passing game and having to rely on that resulted in alot of incompletes and drops.

• Locked thread