Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to drop from the league first?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 0 0%
JB 0 0%
Sly 2 33.33%
Dio 0 0%
Piper 1 16.67%
AF 1 16.67%
Wreckus 2 33.33%
Cletus 0 0%
Total: 6 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
UCLA over Michigan St. 28-21. Another tight game that came down to the wire. My defensive tackle Ellis McCarthy played amazing in this game. I think this may be the best defensive line I've played with. Myles Jack is great at setting the edge while Jamal Barnes seems to be pretty good at being a Hybrid OLB/Defensive End. Ellis McCarthy seems to be pretty good in his Under Tackle role as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Dubiouss, how does 11 CT work for you?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Dubiouss, how does 11 CT work for you?

I wont be able to play, im not feeling too great. Been working a ton of long days. JB can you AP me so ZSB can get his W?

Sorry for the unavailability this week.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

I wont be able to play, im not feeling too great. Been working a ton of long days. JB can you AP me so ZSB can get his W?

Sorry for the unavailability this week.

Welp! I was hoping you could beat him and slightly improve my chances of winning the division.

I'll put you on AP right now. Hope things turn around for you soon!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll knock this out before midnight.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Week 6!

User Matchups:
#19 Wisconsin (Dubious) @ #10 NU (Piper)
#11 USC (Sly) @ Penn St (Wreckus)

CPU Games:
OSU
Michigan
Mich St.
UCLA

Recruiting is going really well this year. I may just refill my entire oline and defense in one season. We'll advance in 72hrs or whenever all user games are played - whichever happens last.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Wreckus, sometime this afternoon or late evening would work for me...otherwise it might be a while.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Michigan over BYU, 59-14.

11 total sacks by the Michigan defense.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Dubious, can you play this week or will you be on AP for a while?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

You guys can have until Saturday night if needed. I don't want him to take any more losses if he doesn't have to.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Piper posted:

Dubious, can you play this week or will you be on AP for a while?

I'm fine after today to play, i just got sick and don't want to play competitive football mans when I feel like poo poo. Tomorrow, Friday or Saturday works just fine. We can have one of our Maddenesque shootouts in NCAA

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

tomorrow 8pm-11pm EST is good for me

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

Slywalker13 posted:

Wreckus, sometime this afternoon or late evening would work for me...otherwise it might be a while.

I can go sometime tonight

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

I can go sometime tonight

Could you go at 10 eastern? Not sure why my phone is just now showing your post.

edit: a bit later would work too as the nats game is now tied.

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 21, 2014

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Slywalker13 posted:

Could you go at 10 eastern? Not sure why my phone is just now showing your post.

edit: a bit later would work too as the nats game is now tied.

Anything for a fellow bringer of #Natitude

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Anything for a fellow bringer of #Natitude

See you after the game unless it goes crazy long.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Slywalker13 posted:

See you after the game unless it goes crazy long.

9 in a row, lets do it.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
USC over PSU 37-14. I really wanted to keep my foot on the accelerator and keep hitting Lee over the top since your safety didn't think your corner needed any help. Time of possession was like 19 minutes to 4.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Piper posted:

tomorrow 8pm-11pm EST is good for me

Mind doing the later end of that spectrum and playing at 11? Gonna spend some time with the fiancee for a while tonight so I can stay up way too late gaming tonight.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

OK. Just post here when you can play.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Piper posted:

OK. Just post here when you can play.

Give me a few minutes to put the xbox on the other tv and we can play, fiancee watching movie

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Holy god I want to punch a cat over that loss

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

woahhhhhh I just stole a game.

Dubious thoroughly dominates the first half and its 27-10 Wisco at halftime. In my first drive of the 2nd half I throw a INT in the red zone and say to myself, "OK, after Dubious scores here I'll just turn on kill clock, run up the gut and concede".

Well my defense comes alive and the next thing I know I score 21 unanswered and its 31-27 Northwestern with one minute left. Of course, my prevent defense is awful and Dub drives down the field and throws a TD with :22 left. I return the kickoff to midfield and on the next play throw a flag route and Dub misses a tackle along the sidelines and my WR takes off for a TD with :08 left. A squib and batted down Hail Mary later I've come back to win from a 3-score 2nd half deficit and my dreams of a B1G title game appearance are still alive.

Holy poo poo. Great game, Dubious. You will get me back in the Madden league very soon.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
ZSB, looks like you're the last remaining game for the week. I know in a sim you might lose to Minnesota and I would rather you not lose until The Game.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

ZSB, looks like you're the last remaining game for the week. I know in a sim you might lose to Minnesota and I would rather you not lose until The Game.

Do you not remember the awful botch that I made with the scheduling?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Do you not remember the awful botch that I made with the scheduling?
Oh drat, I guess I did. It's always hard to see on the schedule since on the web the week of The Game (14) isn't shown for some reason.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

I'll play it right now.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 7!

Let's try and get one more advance in by Thursday night.

User Matchups:
#1 Michigan (cletus) @ Penn St. (Wreckus)
Wisconsin (Dubios) @ #3 Nebraska (JB)

CPU Games:
OSU (ZSB)
USC (Sly)
UCLA (AF)

Byes:
Mich St. (Dio)
NU (Piper)

E: Dubious, what is your schedule like during week nights?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Wreckus, let me know when you can play. I'm on a work trip today until tomorrow evening, but will probably be working from home a bit this week. Let me know what works best for you and I can probably accommodate it.

edit - Hah I hadn't even noticed my favorite DE's first name is Taco. Taco racked up 5 tackles, 5 TFL, 5 sacks, a FF, and a FR last week. TACO!

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 24, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

E: Dubious, what is your schedule like during week nights?

Anytime after 6 PST. We can get in the football match that never happened in M25 on PS4.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

Anytime after 6 PST. We can get in the football match that never happened in M25 on PS4.

Yea that iteration was a dramatic change in gameplay, and it was horrible timing for me. I'm undecided on if I'll get the next version or not.

Anyway, see you tonight at 8pm CT?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Yea that iteration was a dramatic change in gameplay, and it was horrible timing for me. I'm undecided on if I'll get the next version or not.

Anyway, see you tonight at 8pm CT?

Thats too early for the next few days, Seattle traffic is hosed and my commutes are taking until 6 pst before i even open the door. I can play pretty late tonight im staying up tonight for Madden at midnight

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The latest I can do today is 8pm PST.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

cletus42o posted:

Wreckus, let me know when you can play. I'm on a work trip today until tomorrow evening, but will probably be working from home a bit this week. Let me know what works best for you and I can probably accommodate it.

edit - Hah I hadn't even noticed my favorite DE's first name is Taco. Taco racked up 5 tackles, 5 TFL, 5 sacks, a FF, and a FR last week. TACO!

I'm good Monday or Tuesday night anytime

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

The latest I can do today is 8pm PST.

That will be tough; lets try tomorrow or wednesday

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

I'm good Monday or Tuesday night anytime
Cool, tomorrow night would be good - I'm actually working from home tomorrow so if you'd be around earlier in the day let me know. Otherwise I'll just look for you at night.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

That will be tough; lets try tomorrow or wednesday

Sure thing! I'll post around 9pm CT tomorrow to see if you're available.

E: Based on what I'm seeing I'm going to advance us Thursday night regardless of what CPU games haven't been played.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious, are you around?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#1 Michigan over Penn St, 41-28.

First half was a bit of a shoot-out, closing out 24-21 Michigan off of a Michigan TD with 4 seconds left in the half.

Second half things went a little south for Penn St, with a 78 yard INT-TD by CB Countess on the first drive. (none of my highlights saved for some reason, this was a pretty crazy return though) The rest of the game was me working the clock, and the final Penn St drive was ended with another interception to end the game.

Hayes was the real difference maker here, rushing for 218 yards and 2 TD. Without him I'm sure I'd have ended up making a mistake with my QB.

GG Wreckus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious, would you like to try and play our game tonight?

• Locked thread