Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to drop from the league first?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 0 0%
JB 0 0%
Sly 2 33.33%
Dio 0 0%
Piper 1 16.67%
AF 1 16.67%
Wreckus 2 33.33%
Cletus 0 0%
Total: 6 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
NU beats Arizona by 10. My defense is rated a B-... That's gonna be a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Slywalker13 posted:

Piper, I could go in the next couple hours or all day tomorrow, but all day ends at 5pm eastern

Can you play now?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Slywalker13 posted:

Piper, I could go in the next couple hours or all day tomorrow, but all day ends at 5pm eastern

How about 1 or 2PM EST this Sunday. Or barring that, Sunday night sometime.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Slywalker13 posted:

Let's try for 2 PM eastern. See you then.

Can you do 1:30?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

I just beat a 99 OVR team with a 88 OVR team... Go me.

GG Sly. I started shifting my safeties over to Lee's side of the field and the big plays stopped. Sly's first two drives ended in a 55 yard Lee TD and a 75 yard Lee TD. Once I started keying on Lee I was able to get a 2 score lead that I was able to hold onto.

And poo poo... The game didn't register. My xbox froze when it went final. It was NU 35 USC 21. I'm gonna struggle to beat CPU USC now.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

AF, can you play tonight? 7PM EST to 10PM EST window work for you?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

AfterFather posted:

I will not be able to play until after 11 PM EST. Would you be able to play in the morning?'

I'd prefer not to play that late and I work mornings. How does your weekend look? I'm free mid-day Saturday and all day Sunday.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

I don't think I can get my game with AF in until Sunday.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

AF, I can play anytime after 4pm EST today

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

I didn't have time to post about it yesterday but AF beat me somewhat handily. I was down only 10 going into the 4th quarter and drove into the red zone with roughly 3 minutes left but shanked a make-able FG attempt. So being down 2 scores with only 3 minutes left I run-committed my D and AF threw a long TD bomb and the game was over.

My defense again played well but my offense simply wasn't there. I thrive on short passes to my RBs but AF's linebackers were constantly in the right position to stop those. I have a very limited vertical passing game and having to rely on that resulted in alot of incompletes and drops.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

NU defeats ND. R2A

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Dubious, can you play this week or will you be on AP for a while?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

tomorrow 8pm-11pm EST is good for me

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

OK. Just post here when you can play.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

woahhhhhh I just stole a game.

Dubious thoroughly dominates the first half and its 27-10 Wisco at halftime. In my first drive of the 2nd half I throw a INT in the red zone and say to myself, "OK, after Dubious scores here I'll just turn on kill clock, run up the gut and concede".

Well my defense comes alive and the next thing I know I score 21 unanswered and its 31-27 Northwestern with one minute left. Of course, my prevent defense is awful and Dub drives down the field and throws a TD with :22 left. I return the kickoff to midfield and on the next play throw a flag route and Dub misses a tackle along the sidelines and my WR takes off for a TD with :08 left. A squib and batted down Hail Mary later I've come back to win from a 3-score 2nd half deficit and my dreams of a B1G title game appearance are still alive.

Holy poo poo. Great game, Dubious. You will get me back in the Madden league very soon.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

How the hell did I ever beat USC?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

drat Cletus, that kickoff return TD was sick.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Yeah I might be able to play tonight later in the evening, but otherwise I dunno I may not have time till Sunday. My job has changed my hours and officiating takes up time.

I think we're playing each other this week. I can play tonight but hopefully not too late. Just post here when you can play

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Can you go at 11 CT or is that too late?

That's too late for me. Does Thursday, Friday or Sunday night work for you?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

You around this afternoon/evening, Z?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

can you play now?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Slywalker13 posted:

Piper what happened?!? C'mon AF...you can do it!

I scored a potentially-game-tying TD with 20 seconds left but went for a 2pt conversion for the win. Didn't convert. The fact that I was even in a close game with a woefully under-matched team is satisfaction enough for me.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

cletus42o posted:

Piper, not sure if you saw my post. When is good for you for our game?

Tuesday night.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

cletus42o posted:

Cool, sometime between 7-9pm Eastern work for you?

yeah that's perfect

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

John Brown posted:

Piper, we're probably best off playing before Sunday's games. How about 10am CT that day?

I'm going to the Jets game on Sunday. Sunday evening could work for me. Or tonight?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

John Brown posted:

Im on my way home from work. If we could start no late than 6pm CT then I can play.

Logging on now

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

I feel like I've lost my last 10 games to JB. Well, that streak is now broken. Wildcats 37 - Huskers 35.

With my 90 OVR team I've defeated USC and Nebraska while losing to UM and OSU by a combined 4 points. If I bothered to recruit I'd be drat tough to beat.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Dio, when do you want to play? This will be my final user game in this dynasty :smith:

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Diodeous posted:

Tomorrow around 7-8pm est is great for me, otherwise it might have to wait til the weekend.

I'm out of town this weekend so I'll try to make tomorrow night. 8PM is probably the earliest I could play, though.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Diodeous posted:

Piper, I'm going to be stuck somewhere tonight, so I have to cancel on you for tonight. When will you be back from the weekend trip?

I'll get back Sunday mid-day

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Diodeous posted:

Unless we can go like right now, how is Monday night for you?

Monday night is good for me

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Tuesday works for me. Hopefully within a window of 6pm to 10pm EST

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Diodeous posted:

Oh, gently caress, I'm an idiot. I have a function on Tuesday. I'm obviously the issue here, so I'll just set myself to AP unless you're around right now and want to play.

Let's play right now

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

congrats Cletus. You earned it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Well goons, it's been a fun ride but I'm retiring from NCAA. I play too much PS4 to justify doing these leagues anymore. This dynasty was a fun challenge for me using a lower-prestige team which also happened to be my alma mater. I never realistically thought I'd compete for division titles, I just wanted to ruin some peoples seasons with upsets. Beating USC this season was especially rewarding.

If any of you ever end up on PS4 my PSN handle is: nasty-niss. I also have a XBone which is collecting dust nicely. I'm actually fairly optimistic that we'll get more NCAA games in a few years once they figure out the legal bullshit. When there's money to be made, EA will figure out a way. I hope you guys keep these dynasties going for years to come.

• Locked thread