Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to drop from the league first?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 0 0%
JB 0 0%
Sly 2 33.33%
Dio 0 0%
Piper 1 16.67%
AF 1 16.67%
Wreckus 2 33.33%
Cletus 0 0%
Total: 6 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

With the sound of a beating drum, the Trojans rode in on their mounts and trampled nearly every foe in their path. Led by a mere demi-god at WR, USC has staked its claim as the cream of the crop of college football. The retention of a QB-guru at HC indicates there is no doubt that the coliseum of Southern California will be sunny as ever. But as well all know, with great power comes great responsibility, and their are many a gladiators who dare march upon the gates of the Empire. Who will rise and defeat Marquis Lee, the greatest son of Troy yet?

B1G Season 3 "The Sack of Troy"

B1G East Division Preview

USC - Champions of the PAC 12 and the Rose Bowl; the USC Trojans have ventured into uncharted grounds of any California team, and entered the B1G seeking to expand the reach of their kingdom. Riding high off of insane recruiting that once again has them under investigation by the NCAA, USC will ensure that its legacy endures the sands of time. Many would argue they are the team to beat (both on and off the field) for the next season.

Ohio State - THE Ohio State Buckeyes have officially returned to form since the dismissal of Jim Tressel. With the Nick Saban of the B1G at HC, and one of the most desirable destinations in college football, expect OSU to be perennial contenders not just for the B1G, but for the BCSNC as well.

Penn State - A lack of strong recruiting and loses to key contenders have led to the Nittany Lions to an unranked season. Although the dark cloud of sexual assaults and straight up creepiness no longer lingers of the organizations, the one of mediocrity has been full season. Look for Penn St. to emerge as one of the bright spots of the B1G West.

UCLA - Following the steps of Big Brother, the Bruins also packed their bags (hypothetically) and headed on over to the B1G. Looking for better competition, and football royalty of CA, UCLA and HC Paul Wall plan to be sittin' sidewayz on the iron throne of college football at seasons' end.

B1G West Division Preview

Michigan - Much like its counterpart in tOSU, Michigan has garnered some of its past greatness through good recruiting and pulling a few key victories. Big Blue will be in the mix as the B1G champion, but they'll need to make sure to put lil bro (Michigan St.) in their place during their next matchup.

Michigan State - Talk about the underdogs of the NCAA, the Spartans have finally turned things around with unbelievable upsets over Nebraska and tOSU. Although falling short in the Rose Bowl didn't merit a visit from Rich Homie Quan this year, the win over in-state rival Michigan still has Big Blue feelin' some type of way. Expect Michigan St. to stick around until the B1G reaches its inevitable fate of closure.

Nebraska - With what can only be described as the biggest disappointment of last year, Nebraska luckily snuck into the top 10 with a few breezy wins over coach-less squads. However, a deep roster and a great off-season of training has some people(okay one person) believing they could finally live up to expectations this season.

Northwestern - The future is very brim for NU as recruiting has plagued their HC during his entire tenure there. Is time running out for the cats, or can Gary Barnett make one last hoorah for a conference title, and national championship?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now before we get into the particulars regarding conferences, let me lay down some ground rules:

1) I will be the first truly cruel commissioner of this era. There's not an actual timetable that I have in mind, because I am human and realize that every situation isn't always the same. However, if you have a CPU game I expect that poo poo to be played by no longer than 72hrs(excluding extraordinary circumstances of course). I don't care if you sim plays to see that it's done. The rate at which we advance will be very arbitrary and to my preference.

2) Please communicate in the thread on a regular basis. It takes but a minute to post about your schedule or any problems you're having in the dynasty.

3) Don't play like a jerk: nano blitzes, 24/7 no-huddle, putting speed WRs at TE(w/o officially changing his position), or in memory of my dear friend Bio - changing a CB to QB, ya know, poo poo like that. I'm not gonna get more specific then that so use your brain. If you have to think twice about it then you probably shouldn't do it in the first place.

4) You can reset CPU games as much as necessary to get the win. Please, no rage quitting against other users, and let's not destroy a user team that isn't available to play for that week. Just do enough to get the win.

CONFERENCE SETUP
We will be using schools from both the BigTen and Pac12 conferences, but consolidating them all under the B1G due to loss of players. This means that anyone joining after the season has started will have to choose a B1G team this season, but can switch to a PAC team(if desired) during the next off-season. Looks like we're to the Wild West as everyone will be shooting for a spot in the B1G CG, and possibly the Rose Bowl.

BigTen
West
Michigan State - Diodeous, GT: BenedictWong
Iowa
Nebraska - John Brown, GT: True Cryme
Minnesota
Michigan - cletus42o, GT: cletus42o
Northwestern - The Piper, GT: the nasty niss

East
Ohio State - Notorious ZSB, GT: JDMTyte
Wisconsin - Dubious, GT: Dubious28SS
Penn State - Texas A. Wreckus, GT: QuickDrawQuincy
Indiana
UCLA - AfterFather, GT: BJTheRealist
USC - Slywalker13, GT: Slywalker13

SETTINGS
Difficulty - All American; Recruiting is at Varisty
Quarters - 6 minutes
No QB Quiz, Ice the Kicker is On, Home Field Advantage is on.

Dynasty Name: SASBigTenPac12
Password: Goonball4eva

In short, don't be a dick and pay attention to the thread you bastards. So without further ado, let's get to it!

John Brown fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Week 1 has arrived!

CPU Games:
Penn St
Nebraska
USC
UCLA
Northwestern
OSU
Michigan

Byes:
Mich St.

72hrs guys. Let's get to it!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

You know what, I'm gonna buy this since the PS3 dynasty is way dead, and be terrible since I'm not used to 360 controls at all.

What team in the big 10 isnt destroyed by poo poo cpu recruiting? Should i bother buying a copy?

Welcome! Wisconsin is going to be your best bet. They got a good roster but you'll need to recruit really good for the next season or two. Had you just so happen to post a couple of days ago I would've moved Stanford over for ya :(

We also have leagues for the ACC and SEC. The ACC is the cornerstone of our leagues and would likely last the longest (let's be honest). Judging from the rosters your best choice would be Pitt, or begging ZSB to release his grasp of Clemson - we've been holding out hope for the return of The Great One (Kancho).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3652637&perpage=40

We just rebooted the SEC league and chose updated rosters to their current state irl. They're a bit a lower than expected but it may actually make the game more interesting. Teams that are open are Auburn, Miss St, Ole Miss, Mizzou.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3652899&perpage=40

Slywalker13 posted:

So much potential and now with the thread title and OP, I am destined to implode which will be particularly embarrassing given the state of my team.

You'll be fine lol. I really didn't know what to write about until I noticed your were #1, and won what is the likely the most relevant game of last season. It also helped that I had just watched a couple of clips of Troy during lunch yesterday.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jul 31, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

USCe in the ACC is taken by AfterFather iirc. That leaves Louisville, Pitt, Wake, and some other scrub.

I'd go with Pitt of all those teams.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Cletus, did you just get like 4 insta-commits in one week? What the gently caress?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

:lol: as a lvl 1 coach its a race for the 2 stars recruits without perks :v:

I'm currently without points in the ACC. You'll just have to be willing to accept defeat on some recruits much sooner.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

^E: You technically have until Saturday night.

cletus42o posted:

Oh hell yeah I did. Actually it was 5.

The #1 HB, #1 SS, and #2 DE are part of that group.

I just saw this...what in the gently caress?

I didn't get a single one.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Let's advance today/tonight.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The addition of Dubious has definitely turned this thing into a dogfight.

We've advanced to Week 2

Everyone but Dubious and Cletus has a game. Piper and Sly are the only user matchup.

72hrs unless notified otherwise.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm advancing us Tuesday night around 9pm CT.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Tried to play my game twice now and I have an issue where Oregon lines up with 4 QBs and 5 WRs and can't snap the ball. When I sim it crashes my game. I worry I may lose this game with a sim but whatever

I wish I had the ability (as commish) to change CPU depth charts and play another user's game for them.

That would not only fix this but also be bad rear end.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, are you comfortable with a sim?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Oh umm, yeah I guess so I thought I played my game. But I guess if I can have till midnight that'd be sweet.

That's fine. Just post when it's finished so I can advance us.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio, did you try erasing all of the game's data from your hard drive? That's helped several of us with problems. You have until midnight to try this and get that game in.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

WOW. Even after years of getting torched Oregon has a good enough team to best Dio's stacked squad in a sim, 42-28 Ducks. Sorry Dio! Def try my suggestion. You can use a flash to transfer/save your PBs.

We're at Week 3!

User Matchups:

#12 NWU (Piper) @ #4 UCLA (AF)
#8 Michigan St (Dio) @ #9 USC (Sly)

CPU Games:
Michigan (Cletus)
Penn St. (Wreckus)
Wisconsin (Dubious)
OSU (ZSB)

Let's advance Saturday morning or immediately following the last user game - whichever comes latest.

E: Jesus. In addition to Dio losing, Oregon becomes the #1 ranked team and doesn't matchup against another user for the rest of the season. Let EA fuckery begin.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

So, unless someone joins up and switches their playbook or we never schedule them again, a user always risks a sim loss to them. That sucks...

Think we can get one of the non-goons from the SEC to help us out with this? They'd just have to join up, set the Oregon playbook under Coach Philosophy, and then quit...or stay lol.

AfterFather posted:

Oregon was broken the last 2 times I played them. It's because they're still using a custom playbook that cannot be loaded without the user. The same thing happened during the Coaching Carousel after Kancho took his hiatus.

How can this be when Kancho is no longer in the dynasty? Does his HC need to be fired or what?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Cool! Did you recruit a better HC as well? :smug:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos with the best offensive strategies.

It's all good man I'm just trolling. You'll likely beat me because I've been playing very subpar lately.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

I want that #2 G!

Back the gently caress up. I am literally putting everything I can into those guards.

E: We're advancing Saturday morning and several of you still have CPU games.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Hopefully I can play my game, but I'll be out of town over the weekend so welp.

When will you be back in town?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Alright, we'll advance Sunday night then. Piper, if AF can't play Sunday and/or doesn't post by that afternoon, I'll put him on AP.

I'm aiming towards a 9-10pm CT advance tomorrow night. Hope it works out for everyone!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

AfterFather posted:

I can play Sunday. I've been very busy so I havent had much time to play.

No worries. It seems like several of you have been busy, and on top of that, you have a user game in all 3 dynasties this week. I don't think that's ever happened to someone.

Thanks for speaking up!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're now at Week 4!

User Matchups:
:siren: #3 Michigan(cletus) at #4 UCLA (AF) :siren:

CPU Games:
Mich St.
USC
Nebraska

Byes:
NWU
Penn St.
Wisconsin
OSU

Geez. Let's try to speed through this week. I'll advance us by Wednesday night for sure.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

CPU Miami absolutely torched my defense.

Looks like I'll have to be price about using man coverage.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

It's been a tough week for AF.

Dio, would you need until tomorrow night to get your game in?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I will try tonight after work, but I might need til tomorrow

EDIT: Going to start my game soon, but likely won't finish it, need to leave in about 40 minutes

You still have until 9pm CT tonight. If you don't have enough time on your hands I feel like Mich St. state would roll CMU in a sim.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Advanced to Week 5!

User Matchups:
#9 UCLA (AF) @ #11 Mich St. (Dio)
#6 USC (Sly) @ #1 Michigan (Cletus)
#2 OSU (ZSB) & #17 Wisconsin (Dubious)

CPU Games:
NWU - Piper
Penn St. - Wreckus

Everyone has a game. We might not make it but let's try for a late Sunday night advance.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

I won't be able to play today and it might be spotty the next day or two. if its holding up the advance i can put myself on auto

You have up until Tuesday night to try and play. If not, I will put you on AP then and advance us Wednesday morning.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

I wont be able to play, im not feeling too great. Been working a ton of long days. JB can you AP me so ZSB can get his W?

Sorry for the unavailability this week.

Welp! I was hoping you could beat him and slightly improve my chances of winning the division.

I'll put you on AP right now. Hope things turn around for you soon!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Week 6!

User Matchups:
#19 Wisconsin (Dubious) @ #10 NU (Piper)
#11 USC (Sly) @ Penn St (Wreckus)

CPU Games:
OSU
Michigan
Mich St.
UCLA

Recruiting is going really well this year. I may just refill my entire oline and defense in one season. We'll advance in 72hrs or whenever all user games are played - whichever happens last.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

You guys can have until Saturday night if needed. I don't want him to take any more losses if he doesn't have to.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

ZSB, looks like you're the last remaining game for the week. I know in a sim you might lose to Minnesota and I would rather you not lose until The Game.

Do you not remember the awful botch that I made with the scheduling?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 7!

Let's try and get one more advance in by Thursday night.

User Matchups:
#1 Michigan (cletus) @ Penn St. (Wreckus)
Wisconsin (Dubios) @ #3 Nebraska (JB)

CPU Games:
OSU (ZSB)
USC (Sly)
UCLA (AF)

Byes:
Mich St. (Dio)
NU (Piper)

E: Dubious, what is your schedule like during week nights?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

Anytime after 6 PST. We can get in the football match that never happened in M25 on PS4.

Yea that iteration was a dramatic change in gameplay, and it was horrible timing for me. I'm undecided on if I'll get the next version or not.

Anyway, see you tonight at 8pm CT?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The latest I can do today is 8pm PST.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

That will be tough; lets try tomorrow or wednesday

Sure thing! I'll post around 9pm CT tomorrow to see if you're available.

E: Based on what I'm seeing I'm going to advance us Thursday night regardless of what CPU games haven't been played.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious, are you around?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious, would you like to try and play our game tonight?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Tomorrow is up in the air. I'm off Fri-Sat though.

And gently caress that. As hard as we with in this country you probably deserved that time off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

Just an FYI I'll be out of town Friday until Wednesday. I'm hoping things will be a little slow around Labor Day and with all the real football going on.

Yes in-motherfucking-deed. We're going to have at least a week after we advance.

• Locked thread