Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to drop from the league first?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 0 0%
JB 0 0%
Sly 2 33.33%
Dio 0 0%
Piper 1 16.67%
AF 1 16.67%
Wreckus 2 33.33%
Cletus 0 0%
Total: 6 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
#9 Michigan over #4 Alabama, 43-42.

Played it before work so I ended up going for the 2pt conversion with 10 seconds left so I could make it to work on time. Whew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

John Brown posted:

Cletus, did you just get like 4 insta-commits in one week? What the gently caress?
Oh hell yeah I did. Actually it was 5.

The #1 HB, #1 SS, and #2 DE are part of that group.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
There were 10 total recruits that had me 1st that I put on my board and offered scholarships to. 5 of those 10 were insta-commits. 2 of the insta-commits were 5* (out of 4 total 5* of the 10).

GO BLUE

This is really the first time in an online dynasty that I've gotten all the recruiting skills maxed out, so insta-commit is a new treat for me.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#3 Michigan crushes UNLV, 77-7.

Did a mass sub early in the 4th, backup QB Bellomy went 5/5 for 115 yards and 3 TDs. 2 of those TDs were with TE Richard Butt.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Against Oregon, what happens if you just let the play clock keep running out on them? I'm not really sure what's happening in the game, I just saw you couldn't sim the plays.

Going to suck if they make it to the NC against a user.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

:feelsgood:

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Cool! Did you recruit a better HC as well? :smug:
I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos with the best offensive strategies.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I want that #2 G!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

AfterFather posted:

Cletus, what's a good time for you?
I'm online right now if you can make it. If not I'll have to let you know - wife finished her semester so weeknights are tough again until she starts back up.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

AfterFather posted:

I'll be home within the next 30 minutes if you can stay on that late.
As long as my wife doesn't yell at me to get into bed, I'll be here.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#3 Michigan over #4 UCLA, 35-31.

I think we had a really close game last season, too. UCLA had a 10 point lead at the start of the 3rd but Michigan fired back and went up by 4. UCLA scored to go up by 3 with less than a minute to go in the game, but QB Morris found Darboh with a wide open 38 yard passing TD to go back up by 4 with 25 seconds left to go.

QB Morris went 22/29 for 335 yards, 5 TD, and 1 INT. WR Norfleet scored 3 of those TDs.

GG AF!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Cletus any ability to go this afternoon? If not I might be able to play this weekend but I'll have to let you know.

I don't think we've ever met when you aren't playing as GT, it'll be interesting.
What time in the afternoon? I might be able to get home by 6 or so, but doubtfully much earlier.

I'll be out of town starting tomorrow at 1pm - getting back Sunday evening.

I think I'm better with Michigan than GT? We'll find out!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Sly, I will actually be home today closer to 5 (Eastern). Any chance you can be around close to that?

I will probably have another game to play on Sunday, so if we can do this one today that'd be great. Now that my wife is in between semesters, I'm trying to not let her know how often I have user games, and she probably won't be home today until close to 7. She keeps asking why 1 or 2 leagues isn't enough for me. :)

edit - Oops, looks like we were posting at the same time. What's the latest today you could go? I could try to change it up and get home closer to 4 if that would work. Otherwise, we can probably make it happen Sunday late, or worst case Monday? (driving back to Brooklyn from Ocean City, MD, so not sure what time we'll be back exactly)

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 14, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

4 would eaily work for me. 5 Probably. Let me know when you want to go.

Times are eastern.
PM'd you back, but I'll definitely be home before 5 - should be online and ready to go at 4:30, if not a little sooner!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

USC gets run out of the big house 37-21. Somehow, this team isn't meeting expectations. I know my two DTs are a huge dissapointment and I can't generate any pressure. GG cletus, you demolished me.
Yeah, my passing game was going way too well for you to get out of that hole. I couldn't get much going on the ground though (even though my HB ended with decent numbers, that was due to the TOP and persistence).

I think you just got bit by the turnover bug before this game.

GG!

Just don't kill GT now as payback. :)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan over BYU, 59-14.

11 total sacks by the Michigan defense.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ZSB, looks like you're the last remaining game for the week. I know in a sim you might lose to Minnesota and I would rather you not lose until The Game.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Do you not remember the awful botch that I made with the scheduling?
Oh drat, I guess I did. It's always hard to see on the schedule since on the web the week of The Game (14) isn't shown for some reason.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Wreckus, let me know when you can play. I'm on a work trip today until tomorrow evening, but will probably be working from home a bit this week. Let me know what works best for you and I can probably accommodate it.

edit - Hah I hadn't even noticed my favorite DE's first name is Taco. Taco racked up 5 tackles, 5 TFL, 5 sacks, a FF, and a FR last week. TACO!

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 24, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

I'm good Monday or Tuesday night anytime
Cool, tomorrow night would be good - I'm actually working from home tomorrow so if you'd be around earlier in the day let me know. Otherwise I'll just look for you at night.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#1 Michigan over Penn St, 41-28.

First half was a bit of a shoot-out, closing out 24-21 Michigan off of a Michigan TD with 4 seconds left in the half.

Second half things went a little south for Penn St, with a 78 yard INT-TD by CB Countess on the first drive. (none of my highlights saved for some reason, this was a pretty crazy return though) The rest of the game was me working the clock, and the final Penn St drive was ended with another interception to end the game.

Hayes was the real difference maker here, rushing for 218 yards and 2 TD. Without him I'm sure I'd have ended up making a mistake with my QB.

GG Wreckus!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Just an FYI I'll be out of town Friday until Wednesday. I'm hoping things will be a little slow around Labor Day and with all the real football going on.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Oh what the gently caress I paused my CPU game overnight to finish it this morning, then I see they released some XBL update that I was required to install before I could sign back in. So my game results got lost. I'll have to replay tonight. I had a really good game too. :(

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Nebraska over Big Blue, 42-28.

Should've kept the pedal to the floor in the second half.
That was a really rough first half for me, after what was feeling like a hot start for my QB.

I remember you telling me in another dynasty that you'd force me to throw picks by shutting down my running game, feels like it's been a long time since I'd played against you though so I forgot what I was in for. I wasn't prepared to not be able to rely on my HB for much. Great defensive game on your part.

At least I still have this insane recruiting class that keeps getting better.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan just barely pulls it off against Michigan St, 42-39.

Michigan got off to a great start, finishing the first half 28-17, but Michigan St turned it on in the second half and took the lead with 3 minutes to go in the game. QB Morris scrambled on a 4th and 4 play around the 7 yard line with about a minute left to pick up the 1st down right at the 1 yard line, and Michigan was able to drain the clock just enough before regaining the lead.

Hayes came back strong in this one.

on the ground
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8qe-Iiymxw

through the air
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNGECqpTvDY

and a huge return
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_pyWcdh9YA

GG Dio!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Piper, when can you play? Any evening from 7-9pm Eastern should work for me.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Piper, not sure if you saw my post. When is good for you for our game?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Piper posted:

Tuesday night.
Cool, sometime between 7-9pm Eastern work for you?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan over Northwestern, 27-24.

Michigan got a quick lead in the game, going up 17-0 midway through the 2nd quarter. But Northwestern made up 10 of those points before the half was up, making it 17-10 at half.

Second half was more of Northwestern fighting back - and the game ended up tied at 24 with 2 minutes left to go in the game. Michigan missed a pretty close field goal in the 3rd quarter, so was hoping to take it all the way for a TD, but at least was able to grind it out and get close enough to seal the game with a field goal leaving just 2 seconds on the clock.

Exciting game, Northwestern had a rocky start but turned it up and didn't stop trying.

GG Piper!

edit - Come on Dio and Piper, I know you guys can beat Nebraska!

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Sep 24, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Looks like we're going to be getting THE GAME after all!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
poo poo, I don't think I've even made it to a conference championship before.

Or AF, are you sure you didn't beat me in the SEC championship in the final season before the restart? You were Kentucky and I was Miss St, and we played twice that season, so it had to have been the conference championship since those are different divisions. I think JB had the first week sim loss and may have been your NCG opponent?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan over Iowa. Hayes gets another 6 TD in the game. We'll see if he can retake the lead in the Heisman race.

Also somehow I'm now in the lead for another 4 or so 5* recruits. (with 7 already committed) BLACK MAGIC

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
What's happening? Your Xbox isn't connecting to XBL at all, or are you just having trouble within the game? If just within the game, is it just when triyng to connect to AF, or can you not get any random online game to work either? Have you been able to play a game before where you're at with the same setup?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Alright! It's TIME!!!

ZSB, when is good for you? I should be able to find a block of time any evening.

Slywalker13 posted:

I thought it was crazy that M. Lee isn't running away with the Heisman but looking at MU's dude...I guess I can see why. Maybe I should've put Lee in as my returner as well :downs:. Only kidding, how you manage to run so many back is crazy. I think I've done one this whole game across all leagues and CPU games. Every kick I make against you and JB I consider squibbing it.
Hayes is really good at kick returns. I don't have the same success in other dynasties. He has 3 KR TDs this season - and that's out of only 19 attempts! Last season I had at least 5 KR TDs with him. It's definitely going to suck losing him.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 15, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

How this happened is beyond me, given that we should prb be in the same division. I'll take it though. I honestly won't really have time until Saturday night at the earliest. I may have time later tonight, but with my officiating I don't get to spend as much time with my lady as I'd like so I prb have an evening with her lined up.

Thursday/Friday I'm officiating, and I work all Saturday. At the latest Sunday morning?
The universe demands that no season passes without Michigan and Ohio State playing.

What I don't get is the media poll rankings that put USC at #2 and Michigan at #3, when USC has one more loss and lost head-to-head against Michigan during the season. (the other polls have it right)

I'm definitely around tonight, so if you have a chance, just turn on your box and see if I'm online. Otherwise, Sunday morning should be fine for me. You can also message me on GroupMe - I have the app on my phone so I'll get an alert if you do.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey ZSB, I PM'd you but in case you don't see it - I'm working from home today, so if you're around, hit me up.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Do you know what times you might be good to go? Tomorrow morning before noon?

I'm completely free today/tonight (wife's at a bachelorette party) and then tomorrow I think I should be mostly free all day with a few exceptions.

I'm going to be so nervous. Huge game for both schools, being THE rivalry, for the Big10 championship, and for a berth in the BCS championship. And it looks like that game would be either you trying to avenge your loss against USC, or USC trying to do the same against me. Exciting end of the season!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ZSB, I'm online now and will be for a few hours while I do some work on my computer.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I need to eat some breakfast and Skype with my family here so maybe around noon CT would that be okay? I'll be around today, so if I miss you let's just shoot for this afternoon or evening.

Time for me to actually claim a drat B1G title.

Although I never like rematches for titles, but oh well.
I think I'm going to be heading to the grocery store around 12:30pm CT after my wife gets done having brunch with a friend - but we're not getting much since we're leaving Thursday for Baton Rouge (geaux to hell Ole Miss!). Once we get back I'll be around the rest of the day.

If I see you hop on around noon I can send my wife a text message to see if I have time to play before we leave, otherwise I'll just hop online when we get back and whenever you can get on, I should be here.

And this is not a rematch! We didn't play in the regular season. (unless you're talking about the BCS championship, which looks like it will be a rematch of MICHIGAN and USC)

edit - if you can make it before noon CT then we can definitely start the game. I'll just message my wife and tell her to take a little longer. She just left and I explained the importance of the game to her. I'm preeeetty sure she understood.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I'll prb hop on shortly so we can get this thing done. I'll do family stuff after that. Like 1130 ct
Sweet. I'm booted up and ready to go.

• Locked thread