Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghetto Wizard
Aug 11, 2007
Sorry SupSuper, I didn't read the thread properly and only sent in the Goontrack 2 replay. I've sent the Bonus track replay to the e-mail now if it isn't too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
The suspence is killing me. It's something awful.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
I didn't get around to competing in the last couple tracks because of life and other poo poo, but it was fun racing against everybody! :) Can't wait to see how I fared even with the penalty times.

Foozle
May 29, 2006

Wilko posted:

I didn't get around to competing in the last couple tracks because of life and other poo poo, but it was fun racing against everybody! :) Can't wait to see how I fared even with the penalty times.

Same. I got a chance to take a last minute trip to a Caribbean island for the long weekend and somehow that won out over grinding out times on the last two tracks. Sucks when life gets in the way of video games.

Seriously though, it was a good run this year and I'm glad I got to participate for most of it. Thanks a bunch to everyone that helped put this together! Now get the final times posted so I can see where I finished.

Thistledown
Dec 18, 2009
poo poo! I entirely forgot to do GT2 or bonus at all this week. Oh well...

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

Foozle posted:

Same. I got a chance to take a last minute trip to a Caribbean island for the long weekend and somehow that won out over grinding out times on the last two tracks. Sucks when life gets in the way of video games.

Don't worry, difficult decisions like this, agonizing as they might be, help forging your character. You're a better man now.

But... but... the gooncup... :smith:

Foozle
May 29, 2006

Tafferling posted:

But... but... the gooncup... :smith:

Secret twist: it turns out the gooncup was inside us all the whole time.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Foozle posted:

Those bumpy bits make it kind of uncomfortable too.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Foozle posted:

No, you're thinking of a Diva Cup

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Ah so that's why submissions were at their lowest, I thought it was just because it was a goontrack. :v:

Anyways Goontrack 2 results are up, I'll try and get the bonus times and final standings this weekend.

Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

Those eyes! That hair! You're like a movie star! I must take your picture!
:monocle: Woah, Taevian! Wow!

You may have just screwed everyone who didn't submit a time!

Edit: Yes. I just checked. You pushed my global position from 31 to 25!

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Grimwit posted:

Yes... yes he did.

I doubt even my bonus track time can bring me back. Equalize maybe, but that's it.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Poor Renegret...

Eddy Rasta
Mar 9, 2008
Holy poo poo, that last place time. And holy poo poo, second place?! This almost makes up for the bonus track!

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Grimwit posted:

Not to mention screw over the video editors, I hope the commentators got enough to fill 4+ minutes of video. :v:

SupSuper fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 17, 2014

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Grimwit posted:

He took a bullet for the rest of us slow, but loyal, participants.

I really hope the replay shows him pulling a decent time but stopping in front of the finish line for a full two minutes.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Fourth place! Holy poo poo I'm in the top ten!
If everyone half assed the bonus track like I did I might have to buy an avatar as I said back at the beginning!

Well, I suppose Taevian time should be axed... It feels unspontmanlike

Tafferling fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 17, 2014

Eddy Rasta
Mar 9, 2008

Tafferling posted:

I would be okay with this. It's already bad enough to get the lowest time, without having such a crazy outlier.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

SupSuper posted:

Not to mention screw over the video editors, I hope the commentators got enough to fill 4+ minutes of video. :v:

Give him a 2 minute head start and watch every pass him.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Tafferling posted:

Fourth place! Holy poo poo I'm in the top ten!
If everyone half assed the bonus track like I did I might have to buy an avatar as I said back at the beginning!

I spent way too much time on the bonus track to fall short but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down to that. I'll be content with any place I end up in but clearly I want to get into the Top 10 as well although thats obviously going to be hard after you completely demolished me in GT2.

So may the better driver win.

Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

Tafferling posted:

Nah, keep him is. Just...uh... Speed up the video for his run.
I know I'm bias. I kind of owe him for pushing me up a few ranks.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

Ok the Trackmania elders and I have had a meeting, and we have decided to open an exception to the golden rule:

quote:

If you miss a round, a time will be assigned to you that is equal to the slowest time +5%. If the time is over twice as long as the second-slowest time, than the second-slowest time is used instead.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
So, Taevian would have been better off not sending anything :D
I look forward to seeing his replay!

AtomicSX
Jan 10, 2007
You can download individual replays from the submission site and view them early if you don't care about spoilers.

Teavian
Oct 9, 2012

Yay! I caused a rule change!:downs:

It was just a super :effort: run. I think I only ran it the first two days of the last week, intending to get a better time, but that never happened.

Also it's a little weird that everyone is misspelling my name.

CannibalK9
Jun 4, 2009

We regret to inform you that, due to your recent performance, you have been demoted to Space Janitor. Your company-provided Space Mop can be found in the storage area that previously contained your personal belongings.
Surely there's an award for fastest participant with one-or-more missed submissions. It makes for a wordy trophy engraving but I'll treasure it nonetheless. This was a great competition, thanks for putting it on!

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

Teavian posted:

Yay! I caused a rule change!:downs:

Also it's a little weird that everyone is misspelling my name.

At least you're not rear end Bandit

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

Tafferling posted:

At least you're not rear end Bandit
He's not running the show anymore, I can call him whatever I want. :colbert:

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Give him a 2 minute head start and watch every pass him.
I actually might be able to do that...hmm.

SupSuper posted:

He's not running the show anymore, I can call him whatever I want. :colbert:

For you, a gift: http://tinyurl.com/lxjln5y :nws:

:tipshat:

Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

The Elders posted:

If you miss a round, a time will be assigned to you that is equal to the slowest time +5%. If the time is over twice as long as the second-slowest time, than the second-slowest time is used instead.

Aw. My severely undeserved rank boost. :saddowns:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Entropist posted:

Poor Renegret...

Ugh

I haven't looked.

I'm afraid to look to see what happened to my score. I had fun though, so I guess that's all that matters :smithicide:

e: well that's what I get for posting before reading the thread...

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Bonus track times are up

Grats AtomicSX

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

FillInTheBlank posted:

Bonus track times are up

Grats AtomicSX
Hey no beating me to the punch. :mad:

Anyways season's over, here are the final results:

Congratulations to AtomicSX for winning the season, getting first at the last minute and even forcing Entropist to play through his sick track to retain his smug.
And congrats to Ghetto Wizard, Hiilai and everyone else who participated! (special thanks to those who stuck around til the end ;)) Stay tuned as I'll still be posting new videos on this thread.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Good job CVE, I focused on the goontrack because these last weeks I couldn't afford to try that ten minutes abomination much. You were ahead for most of the tournament anyway and goontracks are as gimmicky as the bonus track for gaining positions.

Edit: and you saved me :10bux: anyway , I'm happy.

:gbsmith:

Tafferling fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 20, 2014

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

14th place is alright by me. :unsmith:

Can we do something that isn't Nations/Stadium next time?

Hiilai
Jun 13, 2009
I was so sure I couldn't keep my third place but here we are! Go me! :woop:

Congratulations to AtomicSX and GhettoWizard for beating me and a big thank you for you all for participating.

And of course, thank you for organizing this event! I'm looking forward to seeing the remaining videos and - when enough time passes - participating in the next Goon Cup.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Bonus Track bumped me up 3 places :D

I guess 33rd isn't bad for a first try and missing half the tracks.

Great Joe posted:

Can we do something that isn't Nations/Stadium next time?

Canyons would be pretty fun. Drift like there's no tomorrow.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

ViggyNash posted:

Bonus Track bumped me up 3 places :D

I guess 33rd isn't bad for a first try and missing half the tracks.

Canyons would be pretty fun. Drift like there's no tomorrow.

I'm not all that fond of Canyon but Valley is super cool. Island, Coast, Alpine and Desert would be super cool, too

Eddy Rasta
Mar 9, 2008
I'm deeply amazed that my terrible bonus track performance wound up placing so high. But hey, it let me achieve my goal of 10th place or under!

Can't wait for the next season, and I'll be eagerly watching out for this season's videos. Thanks for continuing to hold these tournaments, they're the only thing that convinces me to break out of lurking-mode around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
I knew I should have played the bonus more than once.

Oh well, worst place for anyone who played every week! :toot:

• Locked thread