Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

trem_two posted:

I insist that this is the right thread for this post

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

trem_two posted:

I insist that this is the right thread for this post

Yes, yes it is.

trem_two posted:

He should be bold-text done with Fiorentina by the end of the day

gently caress YES.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

speaking of matri, hadn't seen that he was subbed in the RM friendly and then the ref immediately blew the final whistle haha

https://www.facebook.com/Sports.bycampbell/videos/851806454903960/

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Drogadon posted:

speaking of matri, hadn't seen that he was subbed in the RM friendly and then the ref immediately blew the final whistle haha

I saw that poo poo, and I laughed.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Drogadon posted:

Ha, owns

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I mean he was brought on to take a penalty kick, I'm glad he was civil enough to laugh about the timing.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

"I've made a huge mistake"

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
If you're interested in seeing every single player transaction for every Serie A club this summer, boy do I have a link for you.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Juve played their last friendly before the Super Coppa next weekend, they lost 2-0 to Marseille and evidently looked like complete poo poo. Khedira started but was carried off on a stretcher after 35 minutes, he's expected to be out for a while with a hamstring injury.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Juve played their last friendly before the Super Coppa next weekend, they lost 2-0 to Marseille and evidently looked like complete poo poo. Khedira started but was carried off on a stretcher after 35 minutes, he's expected to be out for a while with a hamstring injury.

That's good for Juve because he's terrible.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Guarin to Juve is a thing again, seems like this will be a transfer window tradition

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
lol, Ferrero is supposedly going to fire Zenga if he can't pull off an insane comeback in their Europa League tie.

Losing in the EL qualifiers and firing a coach after 2 matches, that's a proper summer for an Italian club.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

lol, Ferrero is supposedly going to fire Zenga if he can't pull off an insane comeback in their Europa League tie.

Losing in the EL qualifiers and firing a coach after 2 matches, that's a proper summer for an Italian club.

The papers are saying Montella has already been contacted lmao.

The supercoppa is this weekend, I may or may not have anew thread by then. Lazio is already in China for some friendlies I think, is Juve out there too right now or has Max decided to take the red eye flight the day before?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

The papers are saying Montella has already been contacted lmao.

The supercoppa is this weekend, I may or may not have anew thread by then. Lazio is already in China for some friendlies I think, is Juve out there too right now or has Max decided to take the red eye flight the day before?

Juve are flying to China today, they were in France yesterday for their game against Marseille.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Khedira... injured?? shocking

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Fiorentina are clowning on Barca right now.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Bernadeshi with a super early brace too

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Of corse klowdtv shows Brazil league, PSG and liverpoo. Can't find an iPhone compatible stream otherwise

Edit apparently Inler only wants Viola and has like a 4m transfer fee which is amazing and it makes me wet

Soulex fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 2, 2015

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

This is loving BLUE BALLS. I AANT TO SEE MY DUDERS THAT HAVE NEW DUDERS AND ROSSI AND SOUSA AND GODDAMN YOU FLAMENGO AND SANTIAGO. TWO CHANNELS WHILE ONE SAYS BEST OF LA LIGA. BARCA IS LA LIGA YOU FAGGOTS

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

LUIS SUAREZ MOTM?!?! SUCK MY DICK

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Cittadella defeated Potenza 15-0 in the Coppa Italia prelims today. Potenza plays in Serie D and apparently they just played their youth side. The scoreline is the worst defeat in domestic Italian football ever.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Cittadella defeated Potenza 15-0 in the Coppa Italia prelims today. Potenza plays in Serie D and apparently they just played their youth side. The scoreline is the worst defeat in domestic Italian football ever.

Just came to post this. Potentate is on the verge of bankruptcy (naturally) so that's why they fielded the youth. Hopefully they end up gettin picked up by someone. I hate seeing youth players get caught up in the gears of finances from bigger club troubles and spit out dreams dashed and motivation shot.

Also the Valero assist to Bernadeshi was great. Megged the defender then crossed it. And ADV is promising more buys, as well as slamming Montella (why?! Let it go) and Salah.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Healbot posted:

Fiorentina are clowning on Barca right now.

You ain't joking friend.

http://www.internationalchampionscup.com/videos/75?filter=highlights#iaxbQIHM4whFLSoq.97

Dat nutmeg :allears:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Khedira is out for two months :lol:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Astori just completed his medical :woop:

This transfer season has been awesome so far us. And it's supposed to get better. I really wonder who the other forward is going to be if any. Gomez was making what...5mil a year? That's a MASSIVE amount of wages freed up.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

i can't tell if you're ironically or seriously excited about astori he's loving garbage rear end trash

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

straight up brolic posted:

i can't tell if you're ironically or seriously excited about astori he's loving garbage rear end trash

This, his name isn't Autogol Astori for nothing.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

straight up brolic posted:

With Savic gone, I'm happy someone is stepping up. I didn't watch a lot of him, but did get to see a bit, and he was consistent if anything. He didn't have any own goals this season, lots of yellow cards, but that's about it. Also, according to his profile he had a dip halfway through the season in form, but that was two games compared to our forwards which was over and over again. Basanta still has some work to do, but he's gonna get it though.

I'm also happy to have an Italian national on the team seeing that Conte barely putst Pasqual on the roster anymore for whatever reason.

gently caress y'all haters, let me have this.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

I'm also happy to have an Italian national on the team seeing that Conte barely putst Pasqual on the roster anymore for whatever reason.

Because Pasqual is 33!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Because Pasqual is 33!

Pirlo is older :colbert:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

blue footed boobie posted:

Khedira is out for two months :lol:

He's one of the top wage earners at the club. Locked in for 4 years.

:thumbsup:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

He's one of the top wage earners at the club. Locked in for 4 years.

:thumbsup:

I was going to lol but then I remembered that Mexes was (is?) Milan's highest earner.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Astori is absolute trash and it's like being excited at signing Bonera

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I think Khedira is not that bad to fill the traditional quota of "garbageman waste of money". Even though his salary is ridiculous, he was free and his position is relatively low risk. At least it's not a Iaquinta situation.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

you guys suck. I'm goin to MLS

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegay posted:

Astori is absolute trash and it's like being excited at signing Bonera

He's not that bad.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Brescia has been promoted to Serie B to replace Parma, it's official now.

Re: Astori - he's had a terrible year in Roma but his previous years have not been too bad; ever since Nastasic left we haven't had a left footed CB other than Alonso (but he's adapted) and Hegazy (who has been injured for ages). At least positionally wise he's what we needed, I don't think he'll be a bad fit for us.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Brescia has been promoted to Serie B to replace Parma, it's official now.

Re: Astori - he's had a terrible year in Roma but his previous years have not been too bad; ever since Nastasic left we haven't had a left footed CB other than Alonso (but he's adapted) and Hegazy (who has been injured for ages). At least positionally wise he's what we needed, I don't think he'll be a bad fit for us.

Brescia is good so I'm happy about that.

You guys remember Scuffet? So he was going to go to Ateltico Madrid last year but his parents wanted him to stay in Italy and finish his schooling, so he did. Now, he's off to Como on loan, who were just promoted to B. If he turns out as well as he looked for Udinese, then he'll be a loving steal during the next transfer window. Udinese apparently wants to hang on to him so only accepted loan offers. I hope he doesn't get lost in the lower leagues, he looked genuinely great.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

What everyone sees:

quote:

Astori will probably do ok guys, he had a bad year but he should be a decent player with our system

What Soulex sees :

quote:

Soulex is right, gently caress you guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

New rule on match bans due to yellow cards - this year it will be after the fifth, rather than the fourth. Mexes might play one extra game this year.

Inter might be on the market for a defender again, as Vidic got surgery on his back and is out 6 months, while their new purchase Miranda might... go back to Atletico! It seems that they had an agreement of a 3m euro fee payable this window, which Inter apparently decided they could pay in November. Atletico board got irritated by this and might go ahead and declare the Miranda deal null (or are just threatening so that Thohir coughs up the money).

Dzeko to Roma: done deal according to Sky Italy

Salah to Roma: a picture was posted by Roma's twitter showing Salah training with his new team. Problem is that until Fiorentina gives the go ahead, he's not a Roma player (in fact he's still technically a Chelsea player on loan to Fiorentina until 2016) and cannot train with them officially. The picture was up for 5 minutes before being pulled, but the damage has been done - Fiorentina got even more irritated by Roma's attitude of not waiting and might stonewall even harder. According to lawyers who have been interviewed in the various radio or newspapers in Italy, Salah is highly at risk of a 6month to a year BAN from professional football (I think Figo had a similar issue); Roma risks nothing or at most a slap on the wrist, while Fiorentina might end up being fined (not much worse than a slap on the wrist); talks of a Fiorentina ban from european competitions seem to have been an exageration.

We'll see how it ends up - my prediction is that Fiorentina will get what they ask (cash or Ljajic or a Chelsea youngster on loan) and they can give the go ahead for Salah to Roma. Who I wish a 2nd year in Serie A like Gervinho, not that I'm bitter or anything.

Speaking objectively and not as a fan, I do not get Salah's behaviour; he must be badly advised by his agent. It would have made more sense for him to honour the loan until 2016, then next year he could have gone anywhere after another (very likely) fantastic year in Florence, since Sousa's module favours heavily the attacking wingers. This way instead, he starts at best the league with a big delay in his preparation, has all the controversy weighing heavily on him and all the pressure of a place like Rome, whose fans aren't famous for their patience. Is playing 6-8 matches in the Champions League as opposed to the Europa League that much of a drive? He is going to get paid the same amount Fiorentina offered, mind.

• Locked thread