Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Was going to the protest but it's really really cold and wet :( can we redo it later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
I was looking for some good old fashioned WW1 movies and found this gem: 'The Lighthorse' (1987)

It features:
Gaza being blown up with artillery
Australians invading Gaza
Australians knifing many Palestinians/Turks
Australians winning something in WW1 that is not Gallipoli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbWXpngG_cU

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Nuclear Spy posted:

I was there for a bit, it was fun booing at the old white men walking through temporary fence to get into the building. A Young Liberal in a suit and blue tie went in that got a lot of heat, a lot of 'Tory Scum!' chants too.

Protesters breach police lines at Tony Abbott oration at Adelaide University

Someone uploaded these photos of a student who was trampled by a police horse

EDIT: I think it would save the budget if we didn't have a government that requires a whole riot squad to protect them wherever they go.

Isn't horse trampling taking things a bit far, like recklessly causing injury or something? It's not like cops are ever allowed to run people over in their cars, and horses could easily kill someone or cause serious injury if they stepped on the wrong bit. It's not like a baton charge where highly trained officers execute non-lethal force to targeted areas of the body, there's no control over where horse feet go.

• Locked thread