Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
e: this isn't gbs

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Aug 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
:toot:
What happens next?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
House indeed lovely

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Captain Pissweak posted:

Have they successfully done anything beyond brutalise asylum seekers and axe the tax.

To be fair, that's all Australia really wanted

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Jesus Christ, that Life of Pyne picture is pure nightmare fuel.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
AusPol: Planting Seeds.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Reminder to Adelaide goons that Abbott will be at Adelaide Uni on the 21st, see to it that he's properly welcomed.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

How many refugees has Japan taken in recently?

We are often told that Australia's policies on boat people makes us a racist pariah in Asia, a bit hard to swallow when you look at what Japan or Thailand does. A western country with the wealth and demographics of Japan would be regarded as an ethnocentric relic yet few people level this at Japan. Why?

We critique Australia first and with the most scrutiny because we are Australians and it's our loving job as citizens. Arguing relative privation or tu quoque is lazy at best and at worst, wilfully obfuscating.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Murodese posted:

IWC willfully obfuscating an argument? Well I loving never

:thejoke:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Nibbles! posted:

Who defends Japan's immigration policies?

Nobody, he just pulled it out of his ars- sorry, IWC Argument Utility Belt.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Aug 13, 2014

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Endman posted:

Who the gently caress says "tu quoque" seriously in an internet argument.

Pretentious wankers.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
"A Dystopian Hellscape" is the new QLD number plate slogan.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
That's a Bush Jnr. level of idiocy.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Won't happen, but my god the tears on his stupid billowing face would be glorious.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Biggest grin watching this again

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

WebDog posted:

So Abbott reshuffles in order to restore faith (as it's cheaper than a DD) and we have Mathias Cormann selling us budget 2.0?

Hockey to become minister for sports? :v:

He's got hustle!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Why anyone would apologise to Bolt is beyond me.

Hopefully Emerson keeps his resolve

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Where from?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Ta

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

webmeister posted:

It was actually in response to a question about people flying terrorist flags over their homes or businesses (because this is totally a serious problem) so it's a little out of context, but yeah.

No word on whether IDF or American flags are on the banned list yet.

It's still dumb in context.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Anyone feel like sharing today's Rundle? The title piqued my interest.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Cheers Leo

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Mad Katter posted:

:siren: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE:siren:

Kyle Sandilands will be ‘dead by the end of the year’, Dr Edward Jackowski claims in New Idea
Don't click, news.com

Why are they warning him?!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Mad Katter posted:

This is my ranking:

1. Bread & Bone on Peel Street (City)
2. Nordburger on Norwood Parade (Norwood)
3. Burger Theory on Rundle Street (City)

Fancy Burger (various locations) is awesome too, particularly if you prefer a shitload of delicious toppings an sauces on your burger.

Burgastronomy on O'Connell Street in North Adelaide is also very good, my friends rate it highly. So is Burger Foundry.

*fake edit* i'm fat

Burger theory sucks, the rest are good.

*fake edit* I'm amazed I'm not fat

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

J Bjelke-Postersen posted:

I used to play a lot of BF3 with goons. Our ace pilot would take a shitload of xanax and drink half a bottle of whisky over the course of a few games then enter a 25 minute zen state in which we could not be touched and flew like God's own angels (then the helo would go inverted and you knew he'd passed out and it was time to bail).

Can... can I hear more?

Post of the month.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Laserface posted:

Burger Foundry was drippy as gently caress and quite honestly average, especially at $20 for a combo deal.

I am back in Sydney now so I guess I need to go to Marys to wash away the sad.

Not going to Bread and Bone or Lucky Lupitas for your burger was your mistake.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

gay picnic defence posted:

Most eateries I've been to in Adelaide were pretty average, then the locals gush over places like Appellation like the east coast doesn't have Michelin star restaurants or something.

This is a fair criticism. The majority of food is here average unless you're in the Clare Valley or McLaren Vale.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Adelaide protest was small and tame. Couple of decent speeches and a variety of mixed messages but reasonably on target. Horses were unnecessary and did nothing but make a couple of pasty dudes with guy fawkes facial hair feel vindicated for screaming "You're an evil human being" at cops calmly guarding the entrance earlier. Left after the old white dudes had shuffled out so I didn't see anything after that. When did the trampling happen? They knocked down a fence because it was poorly erected and unsupervised, not that it mattered since 5 meters further along you could just step under some orange hazard flags to get into the same area. The cops on guard duty looked bored and I have no idea why they bothered with horses. Felt like both sides were hoping the other would start something and were mildly disappointed when no one did. Glad I went but it had a kind of lacklustre feel to it since it seemed like people were actually waiting for Abbott to make an appearance (lol) .

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Aug 21, 2014

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
:wtc:

Just noticed the Hockey-chair's legs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

CrazyTolradi posted:

Or harassing hapless Harvey Norman casuals?

I thought it was murdering Harvey Norman casuals in their sleep and kicking the ADF's tyres?

• Locked thread