Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

AccountingNightmare posted:

So I haven't been keeping up with politics and Ctrl+F didn't find anything in the last 30 pages of the previous thread.

But how on earth did this happen in a state run by conservatives?

Victoria bans religious groups from running prayer groups, handing out Bibles in state schools

I'm sure I've seen that amazing magazine cover on Auspol before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

PPL gone. Wait no sorry, "deferred"

http://www.smh.com.au/national/tony-abbotts-paid-parental-leave-scheme-deferred-with-no-due-date-in-sight-20140802-zzsbl.html

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Jumpingmanjim posted:

here's a question, what the gently caress does the herald sun put on their front cover tomorrow? I predict they will blame labor some how.

They will be smudged from the river of tears coming from Bolts office so it may be hard to tell.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Those On My Left posted:

Does anyone here use a credit union or a small bank or something like that? I'm really tired of being screwed around by Westpac and would like to at least consider moving my money out of the Big Four. I'm only interested in going with someone who has an excellent online banking system, though.

ING are quite good, provided you don't need to make cash deposits or bank a cheque. They have no fees, usually higher than average interest and have some handy things right now (2% back when you use paywave)

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Didn't get a chance to catch Ferguson vs. Pyne on 7.30 tonight and it isn't up on iview yet. Was it satisfyingly brutal?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Gough Suppressant posted:

The point he is attempting to make is that they will know you visited somethingawful.com but not whether you visited the forums or the weekend web(although forums are probably on a different server so they would know you visited the forums but not whether you went to auspol or e/n)

Where it gets even dumber than that is a lot of forums are hosted centrally through third parties that host many things on the same server etc

Apparently it would record the IP, but not the url.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Murodese posted:

Apparently the key reason that women get breast cancer is because of abortions

http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politic...807-101p60.html

Yup.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

So deregulating university fees will somehow lead universities to change their fees to reflect the labour market?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Not sure if this has been posted here

http://www.smh.com.au/national/agent-albert-mp-listed-as-secret-kgb-informant-in-russian-archives-20140810-102jtm.html

quote:

A federal Labor MP was among a list of secret KGB informants, according to newly released Russian intelligence archives.
The former Labor member for the NSW electorate of Hunter, Albert James, is listed as an informant of the Soviet intelligence service in the papers of former KGB archivist and defector Vasili Mitrokhin, which were released by the Churchill College Archive in the United Kingdom last month.
The late Mr James, a former NSW policeman and Labor MP who served in Federal Parliament from 1960 to 1980, is one of a number of Australians recorded in Mitrokhin’s list of KGB agents and informants active in Australia during the 1960s and 1970s.

:australia::hf::ussr:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Anidav posted:

Holy poo poo that yearly salary

I had a look at smartjobs recently.

Really made me feel good having studied four years to be a teacher and know that there are unqualified public service admin positions that pay vastly more.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

No coach Reinhart?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

So biff snorten was the senior labor figure investigated about a 1980s rape

That was the weirdest press interview I've seen in a long time.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/bill-shorten-opens-up-about-rape-allegations-20140821-106r7h.html

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

A stressed Hitler

First thing I noticed was the guy standing creepily close right behind him.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Sanguine posted:

Any chance of something new actually coming out of this?

Refunds are necessary when there's a risk of buying a dud from a production batch, but they seem a bit pointless when there's 0 risk of the item being defective.

I'm pretty sure the required returns policy also covers products not being as described, not just being faulty. So in this instance, if a product on steam was said to have features it didn't include you should be able to return it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

Divorce has long been connected with the ‘feminisation of poverty’. Beginning with Lenore
Weitzman’s studies in the mid-1980s, family scholars have observed the adverse
consequence of marriage breakdown for many women.

Yup, gotta stay married so a society stacked against you doesn't crush you.

quote:

References to the research cited above is taken from ‘Maybe I Do’ (Connor Court, 2012)

Which is his own work.

• Locked thread