Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Is it too accelerationist to push for massive automation of labour so as to starve Capitalism of consumers? Does the harm of displaced labour outweigh the possible benefits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jonah Galtberg posted:

I walked away in lieu of a response which I was too angry to properly formulate

It's easy, see you tighten your hand into a sort of ball shape, leaving the thumb on the outside and...

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
And doesn't that 6 months get reduced by how much time you've spent in the workforce anyway? So someone who has not been able to get a job and has no savings is getting hit with the full six months, while people with these theoretical savings are having to spend less time off support?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

But if she's a 'secret Muslim', wouldn't her true colours still be Green? If they just gave things even a moment more thought, they could construct better jokes.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Gough Suppressant posted:

So biff snorten was the senior labor figure investigated about a 1980s rape

He was at my uni yesterday, the Labor club sent out a single notice about it and only 4 hours before he rocked up. I didn't get the chance to heckle at all.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Dubs posted:

Also.. the call to centerlink wasn't a free call. When did that happen? I was on hold for 45mins.

The complaints number is a 1800, you could yell at them for the charge, for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Endman posted:

Sex workers don't need prosecution.

Sex workers need a union.

Sex workers have been organising as early as the 1900s when the IWW helped some hold a walk out over an increase in rent.

e: They actually still have a union.

http://www.iww.org/unions/dept600/iu690

• Locked thread