Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Jumpingmanjim posted:

You thought campbell was talking about this imaginary friend?

Edit: Bob Day might be good for something afterall:

quote:

He said the suburban sprawls at the edges of capital cites were unfairly demonised and were less harmful ecologically than high-density housing.
How does one come to this conclusion when you include the carbon costs of building multiple homes versus a single building with a number of apartments, as well as the pollution of people living on the fringes usually having to travel to work in a car or having to travel in a car to public transport?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

hooman posted:

They've failed to sell most of the Public on the terrible decisions they're making. They're bad at negotiating their awful policies through the senate. They keep losing high court challenges.

I mean the only good thing they do is being fairly incompetent at being evil.
Erica Betz is probably the worst leader of the Senate. That man can't negotiate out of the paper bag.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Deadly Hume posted:

The Victorian election will also be a landslide back to the ALP but it'll be relatively free of rancour as Napthine is fairly beige.
Dunno, Vic Labor has copped a hiding this week over the handling of the stolen dictaphone from an Age journalist which contained and interview with Ted Baillieu.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SynthOrange posted:

We're all gonna die

No, your children will be. I already have my vaccinations. FYGM

ewe2 posted:

[url=http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/business-head-calls-for-fewer-uni-students-20140803-zzx27.html]Business head calls for fewer uni students

Now I'm certainly in favour of vocational training. We're not all going to be engineers doctors lawyers or scientists. But when you take away vocational training funding and demand the private sector cover the short fall, you're not going to get much sympathy for this kind of yap. If it's not a class war you're waging, why not actually boost funding not cut it?
[/quote]
What is going on with so many people talking at Israeli hosted events recently?

People should really ignore what comes out of organisations or institutes like the IPA, BCA and other self interest groups.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Gough Suppressant posted:

Some actual living people thought joe jockey was "one of the good ones" before anyone gave him any responsibility or power.
Really? Who are they so I can slap some sense into them with a cricket bat.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

starkebn posted:

Heil Howard!
Holy poo poo, even the 14 words thing would suit LNP policy perfectly at the moment

Time to uninstall that game :(

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Orkin Mang posted:

lol ozemail account

I'm surprised their servers are still running.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Teens too drunk to interview. Great work Australia

Not going to watch that Brandis interview, no matter how hilarious or gut wrenching it is.

However here's a photo of everyone's favourite punchable face at the Free Speech conference today:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Freudian Slip posted:

And the other great thing is that there is a bunch of finger pointing going on among the Liberal ranks

Liberals blame Brandis' bigots comment for race law failure

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...l#ixzz39fkBPe7I

The fact that there are names attached to all the quotes is also telling

Fuuuuuck Jason Wood is my local member. Wood's a jerk anyway, so doesn't surprise me that he is supporting Brandis.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Victorian Liberals are loving over their Coalition mates the Nationals by fielding a candidate for the safe Nats seat of Euroa.

Nats are mad about it, but not mad enough to leave the Coalition

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

From the Sunday Canberra Times

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I guess you haven't seen today's Australian front page.

Tip for all: don't.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

open24hours posted:

Proof of their irrelevance. Not even worth bribing.

I tried with some mung beans and a couple of grams of weed, but they wouldn't take it.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

A year and a half or so, Advertising major :L

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Small Keating posted:

MELBOURNE GOONS MOBILIZE. We can't let these northerners show us up, with their sunshine and their palm trees and their militarized police state.

No, srsly, what are the thoughts on Melbgoonmeet?

Goon meets are so last decade

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

adamantium|wang posted:

Treasurer Joe Hockey has warned Australians he may be forced to take "emergency action" and deliver Queensland-style austerity if structural budget reforms are not made.

And Mr Hockey has also suggested the proposed increase in fuel excise will not affect the less well off as much as high and middle income earners because "the poorest people either don't have cars or actually don't drive very far in many cases”.

And despite criticism over the government’s proposed changes over the pension, the Treasurer has also suggested "in net terms out of the budget, it is strongly arguable that pensioners are going to be better off" because the inflation rate is higher than average male weekly earnings at present.
Wow, Hockey really wants to make sure this Abbott Government is an one termer. Surely he isn't that blinded to what public opinion is of his budget

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Doctor Spaceman posted:

ICAC has had some hilariously incompetent lying, amongst other things. McClymont's twitter feed is great.
Seconding this. The Mayor McCloy stuff is pure gold. I'd love to have David Simon (co-creator of The Wire) cover this scandal in a TV show

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Who the gently caress is this Yilmaz person?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Konomex posted:

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, is anyone else seeing this? If Pynes looking to Hockey for inspiration then they're all walking around with blindfolds on. How do so many people get it so monumentally wrong, just making up facts and thinking millions of people with 5 seconds can fact check them won't go ahead and do that.
Pyne probably has money on making Hockey Leader of the Libs/PM so Pyne can slip in as deputy on that ticket.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Les Affaires posted:

Brainfart time. What if News Limited want the ABC privatised so they can buy it?
I don't think they would, I think it is more from the case of having one less competitor out in the market.

Just look at the history of News Corp UK attacks on the BBC

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Victoria to introduce ten year mandatory sentences for "one punch kills" :allears:
One punch kill a person - 10 years

Threaten your wife/girlfriend/children with violence or actually be violent against them - a slap on the wrist

Of course there are so many cases of one punch kills compared to domestic violence in the community, I am glad the government has its priorities right :allears:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Been reading a New Matilda article on the death of satire on the ABC (and I guess on other TV channels). Considering the "characters" in the Federal Parliament at the moment, now's the time for some great political satire.

However all seems to be dead quiet. Other than Dawes and Clarke, no one else is putting up their hand. Chaser boys have gone quiet (I guess the dog loving thing has made them pretty unpopular). We need some more Max Gillies/Rod Quantock type people out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvsxPvlvYtQ

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

I just want to know if people are allowed to go abroad and fight against terrorist organizations. Can Iraqis go home and fight with the Iraqi army? Syrians? What about Iranians? Kurds? If somebody did that, would they get their dole payments cut? Not that you can receive unemployment benefits while you are overseas anyway, but you know, ignoring the dog whistles and getting down to the logic that forcefully refuses to underpin this rhetoric.

I'm wondering how Abbott would've deal with Australian-Germans going back to Germany at the start of World War 2 to help the Fatherland. I wonder if he'd go to the point these days to cut off their aged pension

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Lid posted:

Holy poo poo

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS JOE?

Keep picking that scab, Joe

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Chinese shop in Hahndorf used to be great.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Lid posted:

On phone but god drat

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/why-exempt-pensioners-from-copayment-pm-20140820-3dzqw.html

Tony Abbott has given a strong signal his government won't exempt pensioners from its planned $7 GP co-payment.

The prime minister argued pensioners were not exempt from making a co-payment on taxpayer-subsidised medicines.

"Why should they be exempted from the Medicare co-payment?" he told Fairfax Radio on Wednesday.

Who are you expecting to vote for you?!

LNP doubling down on pure nastiness to nearly everyone bar.... well I don't know who they haven't pissed off. Business community, IPA, Muslims, youth, pensioners (aged or otherwise), working families, people who live in the outer suburbs, universities, hell the list just keeps on growing.

Hopefully Hockey will continually remind us about his "poor people don't drive" gently caress up

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Thanks, with the larger file size limit I can finally have the av I wanted originally

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

It is almost getting to the point where I am no longer surprised what News Limited/Corp/Shithouse puts on their papers these days

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Today on ICAC: Samantha Brookes, wife of disgraced Charlestown MP, is lying her guts out to ICAC. Kate McClymont mentions Brookes is making up her cover up story as she goes along

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I guess the LNP will be happy that no one will be focusing on their gently caress ups for a few days with this story

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Crikey and News media
Well that explains why the Guardian and ABC were getting excited over News' finances.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ooooh, Tinkler on Tuesday will be great

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Still don't understand the threat from Pyne over research cuts to universities, while trying to get those same universities higher up in the world rankings.

I haven't seen anything in the media, but Monash Uni which was in the top 100 last year has dropped out of it this year. Expect other unis to do the same if Pyne gets his way.

So much for getting more jobs through new research results, this government doesn't give a poo poo about anyone bar Murdoch and themselves.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ler posted:

E: And Moody's downgraded WA's credit rating, after S&P did the same http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-25/wa-credit-rating-downgraded-by-moodys/5694906
I guess the WA Libs are finding out the hard way that mining ain't booming anymore.

I wonder what Colin Barnett is going to come out with. I'm sure Gina has something written up for him

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ah well, the fun and games start up again tomorrow when the adults children are back in parliament

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ewe2 posted:

The Oz claims disastrous polling in Victoria:

It seems much worse than the Galaxy poll (52-48) because it was taken over two months, but clearly a bunch of someones are unhappy with the leadership and wants a scare campaign to get some action. In both polls Napthine still leads Andrews as preferred Premier, but almost everyone is discounting that.
I hope in some ways this is the Victorian people partly punishing the LNP over some of the outspoken members of parliament who are against the current abortion laws in Victoria. Watching 730 Vic last Friday and seeing the nutbags like the Australian Christian Lobby, DLP and Rise Up! Australia Party joining up for the next Victorian state election to lobby for changing the laws makes me sick.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Well, they took the bait

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Abbott announced a MH17 memorial to be erected in the gardens of Parliament House. Dude's shameless.

Ahahaha, he is trying to milk this for all its worth. But so far every idea/plan he has had MH17 has backfired badly.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Nathan Tinkler is being Icac'd at the moment [img - Ron Paul its happening.gif]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Nah, yellow.

Also the Victorian state libs are so afraid of their polling numbers they are trying to court the xxx420BONERLORDxxx vote by talking about medicinal marijuana
The Vic ALP were the first to come out with the medicinal marijuana thing earlier this week

• Locked thread