Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cartoon posted:

Soil yourself isn't quite as catchy as kill yourself but I suppose it's a step forward.

I want to start a landscaping business and call it Help, I've Soiled Myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's the South in the North.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

hawaiian_robot posted:

Message from a mate down in Melbourne, his flatmate was instructed by Frances Abbott at Whitehouse:

quote:

Housemate told me that yesterday in class, Frances Abbott announced that she'll be leaving the Whitehouse. The official response: To get some industry experience.
The real answer: The staff and students hate her and forced her out.

Oh no, the poor dear. Only time will tell whether she is able to ease her suffering with a daddy funded trip to Europe until everyone forgets about this or instead falls straight into a marketing job somewhere paying a high six figures.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
This was the front page of The Age today:

Note that this wasn't from the inside bits or the Extra, it was the actual front page. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a major newspaper have it's entire front page dedicated to a ad.

I mean - it's the front loving page. Isn't that what all good little journos dream of at night? Getting on the front page? Sure, the shine's fallen off in recent years with all sorts of crap being put on the front page, but there's always been a little news of one sort or the other, even if it's something bullshit like football.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

You Am I posted:

Still don't understand the threat from Pyne over research cuts to universities, while trying to get those same universities higher up in the world rankings.

That's because you don't understand what makes a university great. It isn't any of that science crap, what a waste!

No, it's a good business school and well funded law faculty. That's what makes a university great. Teaching people the important skills for when their parents hand them down their first investment portfolio.

Oh, and maybe nursing or a design course for the little women. You know, something to train them on how to properly look after their man and his home when he decides it's time for them to get married.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Nibbles! posted:

Racism is dead*

No, Bolt's completely right on this. Racism is completely dead*

*As long as you're a white male**

**It's almost like it was never there at all.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Haters Objector posted:

There should be a minimum set of criteria that you need to fill to call yourself "progressive"

Progressively worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

So when kids are forced to work for free, will it count against their six months of not being paid the dole? I'm betting it will.

• Locked thread