Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Our local Stop CSG group was livid when we found out Abbott had been in the area with absolutely no notice or ability to organise a meeting.

Also that part where they're turning over the soil? They cut down a bunch of native gums to do that. Absolutely spewing.

Oh yeah, the destruction around this area is unbelievable. All these Sim-Cities popping up, it's depressing. Harrington Grove? Isn't a grove a collection of trees? Heh.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Firetrick posted:

Leave a reply and let us know what you think!

*comments disabled*

Oh they're enabled, not a single comment is positive.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

xutech posted:

Is it still Tinkler tuesday? This should be exciting.

Think I read that he was moved to Thursday.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Bogans in massive utes are the worst drivers. Tradie heaven out where I live.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
http://www.jasonclare.com.au/media/portfolio-releases/1941-even-nbn-co-ceo-thinks-malcolms-mates-report-is-rubbish.html

quote:

Saturday, 30 August 2014 12:35
NBN Co Chief Executive Officer Bill Morrow has undermined the credibility of Malcolm's mates' cost benefit analysis questioning the dodgy assumptions that underpin it.

In a crushing blow to the credibility of the report written by former Malcolm Turnbull staff and some of Australia's biggest critics of the NBN, Bill Morrow has questioned the key assumption that Australian households will require only 15 megabits per second in 2023.

On Radio National yesterday Bill Morrow said:

"I suspect...when they talk about 15 megabits per second being sufficient for people today, I think that that likely is taking a snapshot in today's environment. What will tomorrow be, what will next year and the next decade require, I think is really the question."

"I think we need to ask the panel how they came up with the 15mbps."

NBN CO CEO BILL MORROW, RADIO NATIONAL, FRIDAY 29 AUGUST 2014

Bill Morrow also said that 15mbps is already "insufficient" to meet his family's needs:

"For me, Sheryl, as an example, I have a 21 year old and a nineteen year old, so two uni students in my house, I have an 11 year old and a seven year old and two adults that are active on the internet, and I don't think that would be enough for us, and not because it's a speed issue but because we're sharing that, so if we are all active in a video intensive area, then that clearly is going to be insufficient to meet our particular needs."

NBN CO CEO BILL MORROW, RADIO NATIONAL, FRIDAY 29 AUGUST 2014

Malcolm's mates' report is so flawed that even the CEO of NBN Co is questioning it.

No wonder. Already more than half the people on the NBN are ordering 25 Mbps or more.

The report also says that by 2023 only 5 per cent of households will need 43Mbps. However, already 28 per cent of people on the NBN are ordering 50Mbps or more.

The results of a cost benefit analysis depend on the assumptions you put in it. If the assumptions are wrong the conclusions will be wrong.

The fact that even Bill Morrow, the man in charge of building the NBN, is questioning the assumptions in this report completely undermines the credibility of Malcolm's mates' report.

Next week is the 1st Anniversary of the election of the Abbott Government. In that time all we have seen on the NBN is broken promises and delays, and dodgy reports to justify their second rate broadband network.

The real tragedy is because the government has been so focused on these dodgy reports, the NBN is now rolling out slower today than it was this time last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
God I love social media, the gift that keeps on giving.

• Locked thread