Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

holocaust bloopers posted:

Alright there's a lot of praise about Guardians actually living up and exceeding the hype. I really need to see it.

Took a field trip to the Alamo Draft House in Winchester last night to see it. It was good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Obama Africanus posted:

Huh, Tyler is older than I thought.

That's too tame for Tyler.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Godholio posted:

Go in there expecting a fun movie with Zoe Saldana and a bitchin' soundtrack. That's all it is, but it loving delivers.

Nah, it does a better job of world building than any modern Sci-Fi has done outside of Firefly. Though I have a feeling if you're born after 1990 you really won't get a lot of the jokes Bert Macklin is making at times. But the entire cast has actual character development thats more than just "Well guess I have to be a good guy now", even the talking Raccoon and the pro-wrestler in body paint. Plus, John C McGinley steals every scene he's in.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
John C McGinley?

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I thought guardians of the galaxy was kind of boring. I didn't read the comic books and I really don't care about comic book movies, so don't listen to me. It has the same set up as the avengers too. WE CAN'T WORK TOGETHER, OH GOD WE GOT BEATEN BY THE BAD GUY, NOW WE'RE A TEAM, WE DONE IT!

Edit: I did leave wanting to listen to moonage daydream.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 4, 2014

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Both of them, honestly

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

Both of them, honestly

I forgot John C Reilly was in it.

He was bad.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Reilly had his moment and it came and went. I honestly think the little role he had in Hoffa was better than the comedy stuff. And that godawful Tim & Eric stuff...I don't know how that took off at all.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Victor Vermis posted:

I forgot John C Reilly was in it.

He was bad.

Him and Michael Rooker are both alumni of my college. Blue Demon Pride!

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

And that godawful Tim & Eric stuff...I don't know how that took off at all.

stoners

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmK1osGXhq4

Sorry but John C Riley fuckin owns

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 4, 2014

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
John C Riley throws himself in to every role he gets as hard as possible and that seriously owns

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

He should've just played the same character he played in Gangs of New York but in SPAAAAAAAAACE

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
LOL

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I want another movie of Daniel Day Lewis giving no fucks and chopping people up with a butcher knife.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Victor Vermis posted:

He should've just played the same character he played in Gangs of New York but in SPAAAAAAAAACE
Or as Cal Naughton Jr. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPuqaNQ4iAo

But really, I was kinda hoping it'd turn out he was from a planet of nothing but John C Riley's. So when he came home he'd be greeted by a mini Riley, and his wife would be him in drag. Best ending

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y1ya-yF35g

This show is great

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

E-mail the vet finance office and demand an explanation. Every semester.

I'd do it but they'd probably laugh at me.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I should forward every tuition bill to the White House.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdqYOy2L3QE

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

tuluk posted:

stoners

hey now, even a lot of stoners hate that show.

give me classic ATHF when I'm baked, or squidbillies.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

hey now, even a lot of stoners hate that show.

give me classic ATHF when I'm baked, or squidbillies.

Hell yes. and some robot chicken.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Hey speaking of wtf happened to ATHF that poo poo is hella dumb now.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Well it was always dumb but it used to be entertaining.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

I didn't watch all of this, is it basically kidsbornafterthewallfell.mp4

E: ~shakes cane~

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Snowdens Secret posted:

I didn't watch all of this, is it basically kidsbornafterthewallfell.mp4

E: ~shakes cane~

Nah, it's mostly "holy poo poo the US Air Force is comically inept at handling nukes, also Colin Powell one time in an out of context clip said that nukes were pointless, therefore let's get rid of them all right now"

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
no that show is legit awesome. I wish I had HBO to watch it, but pretty much every clip I've watched has been hilarious. Way better than Daily Show imo

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
The weird thing is, I'm pretty sure at some point some of these weapons are no longer usable.

Like.. we might eventually have to start building more bombs, hahahaha. Can you see congress even trying to get that poo poo moved forward? The modernized warhead thing they were pushing years back was such a cluster gently caress.

It was the skillkraft of nuclear procurement proposals, and on top of that it's so radioactive (lol) nobody anywhere is touching it.

Also, those command and control systems being hella old is a feature, not a bug. We don't want anything more complex than this whole goddamn rube-goldberg mess already is.

You don't want the Armageddon running on windows, loving up, and trying to get it restarted from the cloud over your iphones bluetooth... ya know?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Go back to gyroscope systems with giant gently caress off warheads. The Soviets had it right- gently caress accuracy, just add a megaton for every mile of error.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Obama Africanus posted:

The weird thing is, I'm pretty sure at some point some of these weapons are no longer usable.

Like.. we might eventually have to start building more bombs, hahahaha. Can you see congress even trying to get that poo poo moved forward? The modernized warhead thing they were pushing years back was such a cluster gently caress.

It was the skillkraft of nuclear procurement proposals, and on top of that it's so radioactive (lol) nobody anywhere is touching it.

Also, those command and control systems being hella old is a feature, not a bug. We don't want anything more complex than this whole goddamn rube-goldberg mess already is.

You don't want the Armageddon running on windows, loving up, and trying to get it restarted from the cloud over your iphones bluetooth... ya know?

Aren't they stripped to nothing and refurbished every few years to avoid the exact scenario you're bringing up?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Godholio posted:

Aren't they stripped to nothing and refurbished every few years to avoid the exact scenario you're bringing up?

I don't think it's quite 'every few years' but yes. The Airpower thread's gone over this several times. Also I dunno about USAF but boomers and Tridents aren't running on anything remotely like the old electronics.

(Actually I do know a smidge about USAF, the Minutemen are on like their third or fourth gen of guidance package, yadda yadda, B-2 Spirits etc)

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Got an offer to work as a social security claims representative. I'm sure job sucks and all but it would all be worth it to deny some human being their SSI lol.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
How do you even get denied SS?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

gleep gloop posted:

How do you even get denied SS?

ask old dog child if his dishonorable discharge effects his SS benefits.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
I'd find a way :getin:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

tuluk posted:

ask old dog child if his dishonorable discharge effects his SS benefits.
What did he do?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Casimir Radon posted:

What did he do?

Lmao that retard popped hot for drugs. In the national guard.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
lmao a dude in my unit at lewis popped hot for coke and got off with one paygrade reduction and a slap on the wrist, how the gently caress do you get a DD for drugs during wartime army? worst i ever heard of was an other-than-honorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mike-o posted:

lmao a dude in my unit at lewis popped hot for coke and got off with one paygrade reduction and a slap on the wrist, how the gently caress do you get a DD for drugs during wartime army? worst i ever heard of was an other-than-honorable.

If you are E4 or below you get a reduction and punishment for the first time. Next time it's DD. E5 or above and it's a DD the first time.

• Locked thread