Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
I tried a sketching, and... Well, I ran out of steam. I'm just not feeling too inspired at this point, but I need to practice and get over my impatience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

ExplodingSquid posted:

Skull Squid?!

Coffee Squid?!

2 Designs for starting my t-shirt business :D
Response has been good so far, so pretty pleased.

I can't figure any other way to ask, are you selling these designs as t-shirts already? Because I'd really like to get one with Coffee Squid.

SGT. Squeaks
Jun 18, 2003

Two men enter, one man leaves. That is the way of the hobotorium!
Simplified the original design. Been doing more sketchbook work and less painting. Need to scan some of that in.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

A piece for a sailor moon show on Saturday,

I did it kind of last minute and really wanted to do more.

SGT. Squeaks posted:

Simplified the original design. Been doing more sketchbook work and less painting. Need to scan some of that in.

I love this.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

SGT. Squeaks posted:

The branch sticking out there disturbs me. Looks way too fleshy imo, like a baby's arm or something. Make it gnarlier.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Aquila posted:

I can't figure any other way to ask, are you selling these designs as t-shirts already? Because I'd really like to get one with Coffee Squid.

Hey thanks! I am still selling them at the moment. If you search Exploding Squid on facebook you will find my page and we can swap details.

Here is the Coffee on a shirt.

And Skull.

ExplodingSquid fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Aug 15, 2014

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

I made a quick thing

Prints here: http://society6.com/jsaarenpaa/leaping-deer#1=45

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Kikka posted:

The branch sticking out there disturbs me. Looks way too fleshy imo, like a baby's arm or something. Make it gnarlier.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe he was drawing a Trent you insensitive monster?
Also, it's not to uncommon for a tree to get something like a swollen branch:

I like the drawing though. I'm not going to tell you that though so you don't get an over-inflated ego.

In other news, I found a big list of Cryptids on a "Cryptid wiki" site, if you need some inspiration for something cryptiddy to draw you should check it out.

I drew a Hodag.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
:black101: How are you making the stencil?

Ninjas are mythical creatures, right? :ninja:
e: 30m from photo, trying to get used to wacom/photshop.

TheOnlyStarFish
Apr 22, 2010

"And the fucking pants. Goddammit, the fucking pants. again. If there is anyone on this planet who likes those fucking pants other than you 3 people, they’re probably 5 years old and laugh at anything random."
Did this for a client

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."
What is it a reference to besides star wars? (Unless it's a picture of the client and her dog.)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

supermikhail posted:

What is it a reference to besides star wars? (Unless it's a picture of the client and her dog.)

It's Ariel and Eric's dog, Max.

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

Video games?"
"Hmm... interesting."
Er. We're of course talking "The little mermaid"... In this context, the face on her is quite... upsetting. :v:

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying
Some Jersey Devils. I got a free sample of the Museum Aquarelle watercolor pencil line a while back and decided to give it a whirl. VERY nice pencil, really rich and fun to work with.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

supermikhail posted:

Er. We're of course talking "The little mermaid"... In this context, the face on her is quite... upsetting. :v:

i'm not sure if you're the best person to talk about upsetting faces the last few drawings of your's you posted didn't even have faces dude

i'm working on a mothman piece right now!

super rad jersey devils theabominablesnow

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Bridge presents for everyone!

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I stopped sketching for 2 years for some reason. Finally got back into the swing of it recently, and luckily it seems like I still remember how to draw.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
The Jackalope avoids detection by being a master of disguise. Here, he's dressed up as Joe Camel.

My daughter demanded the Chupacabra / dog thing I drew the other day have "red spooky eyes" so we colored it in together.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
420, every day he goatsucking.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

petrol blue posted:

:black101: How are you making the stencil?

Silk screen printing. Very much trial and error.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
What's the resist made of? I've been playing around with silk screen & acetate cut by hand, but stencil cutting is a special form of hell, and I can't get 'islands' of non-colour.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

petrol blue posted:

What's the resist made of? I've been playing around with silk screen & acetate cut by hand, but stencil cutting is a special form of hell, and I can't get 'islands' of non-colour.

I've been using the emulsion method.

http://www.megaofficesupplies.com.a...CFYyXvQodi5MAuQ

This particular kit, although I got it for $90, not $300.

Here's a step by step guide on it.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Photo-emulsion-Screen-Printing/

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
Ah, yeah, come across that before and it looks awesome, but I don't do enough printing to justify the cost. Cheers for the info, though!

Friend's character in an rpg. He's a fluffy kitten really.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

petrol blue posted:

Ah, yeah, come across that before and it looks awesome, but I don't do enough printing to justify the cost. Cheers for the info, though!

Friend's character in an rpg. He's a fluffy kitten really.

I've seen Goatse far too many times. Looks like a zombie minotaur.
Welp. Time to face the music and post the Hodag I brought up. Might be good for a laugh if anything.

It's a monster from Wisconsin that was proven a hoax.
It looks like the offspring that would be produced from Godzooky having sex with a cow.
It became extinct after its main food source, white bulldogs, disappeared from the area.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers

scarycave posted:

I've seen Goatse far too many times.

Goddamnit...

I'm totally giving him a wedding ring now.

Billy Shears
Jul 9, 2009

I cut Paul's hair.
I haven't posted in awhile, but I'm still at it! Here are some of my life drawings from this past week, Conté on newsprint:

2 minute poses.

5 minute poses.

20 minute pose.

20 minute pose.

Sorry about the Instagram formatting.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Lacrosse posted:

I stopped sketching for 2 years for some reason. Finally got back into the swing of it recently, and luckily it seems like I still remember how to draw.

Is that raven stealing the sun?

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers

Billy Shears posted:

I haven't posted in awhile, but I'm still at it! Here are some of my life drawings from this past week, Conté on newsprint:

I am unutterably jealous of your style in these. Seriously, thanks for posting them, it's made me realise a few things about my gesture drawing that's off - I've been suckered into 'more time = more finished picture' over 'more time = more accurate' e: 'doing more' rather than 'doing better', if that makes sense? If I eat your brain, I steal your skill, right? That's how it works?

petrol blue fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 17, 2014

Billy Shears
Jul 9, 2009

I cut Paul's hair.

eggyolk posted:

:nws:

Figure drawing sessions pages in ballpoint pen.

I recognize these from my Instagram feed! These are really great and serve as an inspiration for me. Beautiful stuff as always.

Billy Shears
Jul 9, 2009

I cut Paul's hair.

petrol blue posted:

I am unutterably jealous of your style in these. Seriously, thanks for posting them, it's made me realise a few things about my gesture drawing that's off - I've been suckered into 'more time = more finished picture' over 'more time = more accurate' e: 'doing more' rather than 'doing better', if that makes sense? If I eat your brain, I steal your skill, right? That's how it works?

Anytime and thank you very much for the kind words. Keep on drawing and painting!

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

Billy Shears posted:

Those 2 minute gestures are great! I always have trouble drawing good poses quickly.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Is that raven stealing the sun?

Yep! The piece is titled 'Totem Pole' and I'm painting it in 11"x14". Hopefully it turns out good enough to be printed as a poster.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
Just could not get into drawing with the wacom today, gave up and did some hardcopy.

~20m from photo. Sorry for the crap scan, I played around for half hour but couldn't get it any better.

im an orange
Jun 24, 2005

ExplodingSquid posted:

Skull Squid?!

Coffee Squid?!

2 Designs for starting my t-shirt business :D
Response has been good so far, so pretty pleased.

maybe a stupid question but after drawing them via pencil what ink do you use to go over them with? is it a sharpie? total amateur here.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

im an orange posted:

maybe a stupid question but after drawing them via pencil what ink do you use to go over them with? is it a sharpie? total amateur here.

I like to use these since there are different size tips.
http://www.notemaker.com.au/faber-castell-pitt-artist-pen-black-4-pack
Nothing too special, but they get the job done.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.
Really gotta start diversifying, but at the moment I'm reading Loomis and Bridgman and watching Proko's videos, so it'll happen when it happens.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Wish I had a better camera, but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

lovely Wizards are the Best Wizards.

• Locked thread