Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Reposting since technically this was an august drawing! Still a work in progress, of course. And oddly enough, seems to fit the theme pretty well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Sociopastry posted:

Could you put up process pics? I'm really curious how you get such clean and detailed lines

Not too difficult, but I'm afraid I didn't save any of my WIP stuff - I'm working with a Wacom, using GIMP at a fairly high resolution (about 4200 x 3000, but that's for the larger design), I just use the basic solid circle brush at a 5 pixel size with a Size / Pressure brush dynamic. It allows me to lightly sketch light lines and then come back and press a little harder for the cleaner, finished lines. The pictures itself sort of is an example - I block in the shapes that I like, then I come back and finalize the 3d aspects and details with the firmer lines. You can tell pretty easily which areas I've focused on and which areas I have yet to resolve.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Click for Huger

Not quiiiite finished, but almost there!

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

petrol blue posted:

Wow. That is so drat awesome! Is it for a tattoo?

Eventually, yes! I get the first part (The upper left dragon fight) done on Saturday.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

petrol blue posted:

I kinda feel sorry for the tat artist - I'd be scared shitless trying to ink something that awesome! Can we get pics when it's done?

Cross post from the tattoo thread- Only the first part is done, will take a few sessions to get all the rest of it. I think up next will be the ogre fight on my back shoulder, then sometime in the winter I'll start working my way down the arm.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 10, 2014

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

lovely Wizards are the Best Wizards.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Been working on my self-portraits - I haven't drawn one in years. Not entirely happy - it's close, but doesn't look QUITE like me. This was drawn freehand, I just overlaid it in GIMP to see how close I was. Not bad, but I hate that I have a tendency to pretty faces and figures up a bit as opposed to making them look more realistic. Something I'll have to practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Phylodox posted:

Did a li'l something for the Sketch Daily twitter thingy:

Dr. Strange. Done entirely in Manga Studio 5. Strange himself is done using the pen tools, while the background was done using the oil paint brush.

Is he supposed to have two right hands?

• Locked thread