Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lemon posted:

Were there any Level 6 Tasty moments last season?

Pretty much anything Gerrard did the last three matches of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

That's going to be hard to top.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Lemon posted:

That's going to be hard to top.

It was just perfect. Not only what was at stake, but that he gave that dumb slipping speech only a couple of weeks before literally slipping to gently caress everything up.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

Pretty much anything Gerrard did the last three matches of the season.

Ffs, in the same drat minute.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Steven Naismith is a good lad

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/04/everton-forward-steven-naismith-buys-match-tickets-for-unemployed-fans-across-liverpool-4820779/

quote:

Footballers often get a bad press at times, but this gesture from Everton’s Steven Naismith deserves as much, if not more, publicity than the misdemeanours of those splashed across the front pages.

The Scottish international, who is heavily involved in charity work, has decided to give something back to fans across Merseyside by sending match tickets to unemployed supporters.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
In tomorrow's Metro: Steven Naismith files for bankruptcy.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

HJB posted:

In tomorrow's Metro: Steven Naismith files for bankruptcy.

He doesnt play for arsenal

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I predicted the Manchester Dubai Sheikhs will retain the title

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

My official top 7 prediction

1. Chelsea
2. City
3. Arsenal
4. United
5. Liverpool
6. Everton
7. Spurs

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I predict that Mourinho will never win the league with Chelsea again

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
Mourinho's new measure of success is how many weak burns he can make on Arsene Wenger each season

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

blakout posted:

My official top 7 prediction

1. Chelsea
2. City
3. Arsenal
4. United
5. Liverpool
6. Everton
7. Spurs

You can always tell an Arsenal fan as they're the only ones who believe Arsenal will ever finish higher than 4th.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Myssu posted:

You can always tell an Arsenal fan as they're the only ones who believe Arsenal will ever finish higher than 4th.

Its Arsenal's year m8

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
New concussion rules because they are definitely a serious and real thing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28656263

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

sassassin posted:

I wish they would not make it count as one of the subs - it feels like that's the incentive that's driving these guys to try and stay out there. That said, you'd probably also need neutral doctors and that's a giant cluster so it'll never happen. :(

Also Southampton's totally got this game vs. Liverpool. They'll want to prove a point.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

sassassin posted:

The pussyfying of the sport continues, next they'll be forcing them to wear helmets.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Edit: whoops wrong thread....

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

wodin posted:

I wish they would not make it count as one of the subs - it feels like that's the incentive that's driving these guys to try and stay out there. That said, you'd probably also need neutral doctors and that's a giant cluster so it'll never happen. :(

Also Southampton's totally got this game vs. Liverpool. They'll want to prove a point.

Nah ref my leg isn't broken, it's a concussion. The team can replace me without using a sub. Honest

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Bogan Krkic posted:

Nah ref my leg isn't broken, it's a concussion. The team can replace me without using a sub. Honest

Have it be a 10-15 minutes thing, like a blood bin in other sports.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

DickEmery posted:

Have it be a 10-15 minutes thing, like a blood bin in other sports.

If you are concussed you are unfit to play a contact sport for at least a full day, preferably 3.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Popehoist posted:

If you are concussed you are unfit to play a contact sport for at least a full day, preferably 3.

I meant whilst being checked by the doctor.
If found concussed the substitution becomes permanent.

Still, it's all better than the decision being down to the manager or the player.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Howard Webb has retired from refereeing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28678139

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Hardflip posted:

There goes utds title hopes

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Hardflip posted:

Terrible news! He was the last decent ref in the league

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Wasn't expecting that.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hardflip posted:

That's poo poo news, he was one of the best refs in the world imo.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Halfway expected. UEFA normally has the categories for the referees for the first half of the season out by now. There were some rumors going around that the delay was waiting on him and Proenca to decide what to do with their futures. There wasn't really anything left for him tbh. He would have been eligible to go to the Euros again in 2016 I think but I bet England told him they were going to send Clattenburg if he doesn't completely blow it over the next two years so Webb decided to step down now while he was still considered England's #1.

He had a fairly rough last season or two in England but in international competitions he was fantastic. He had a great World Cup and I think he would have gotten the final had he not done it already in 2010.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

RIP Howard Webb

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
I always hated that guy

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Great so in one season we've lost Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand and Howard Webb. Ugh

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Howard Webb was a great ref. At least he's retiring to a decent job. In shittier countries I imagine refs retire and go work at a bar or something.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28673372

quote:

MOTD: Ruud Gullit, Philip Neville and Rio Ferdinand join show

Ruud Gullit, Philip Neville and Rio Ferdinand are joining Match of the Day as it celebrates its 50th anniversary.
Former Dutch international Gullit, 51, and the ex-England duo of Neville and Ferdinand will be part of a team which will also include Alan Shearer, Robbie Savage and Danny Murphy.

My final itk scoop has just hit the news stands. Reported by me during the world cup.

Hopefully I'll get some serious scoops on Alan Shearer next year

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Webb was intimidated by Raheem Sterling manhandling him, couldn't sleep, couldn't get it up, severe PTSD, RIP

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
So ive been watching some games from last year, and ive seen liverpool v arsenal and 2 other liverpool matches and Suarez really gave them alot to work with at his position. Like from finishing, to tracking back into the midfield and heplping advance the ball, and his passing was really on point too. How are they planning to replace that? Do they need to completely redraw their gameplan?

Also its a 4 month ban from matches? Or he cant even practice with the team? He will be back for the 'playoffs' or whatever, the last matches that set the table?

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Waroduce posted:

So ive been watching some games from last year, and ive seen liverpool v arsenal and 2 other liverpool matches and Suarez really gave them alot to work with at his position. Like from finishing, to tracking back into the midfield and heplping advance the ball, and his passing was really on point too. How are they planning to replace that? Do they need to completely redraw their gameplan?

Also its a 4 month ban from matches? Or he cant even practice with the team? He will be back for the 'playoffs' or whatever, the last matches that set the table?

He has been sold to Barcelona so I don't think most of that worries them

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Waroduce posted:

They can't replace him. This was their one chance to win the league and Stevie G hosed it up for them.

It's a 4-month ban from all footballing activities so games, training, etc. I don't know what you mean by playoffs setting the table.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Waroduce posted:

He will be back for the 'playoffs' or whatever, the last matches that set the table?

It will save us all some time if you go on wikipedia and read how football leagues are structured.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Ruud Gullit, Philip Neville and Rio Ferdinand are joining Match of the Day as it celebrates its 50th anniversary.

Hansen retires and the show gets worse. Shocking.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Liverpool bias now being replaced by manchester united bias, just what the BBC needs..!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Waroduce posted:

suarez carried liverpool, which it seems you have figured out. now the rest.

• Locked thread