Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"How much does a polar bear weigh?" it may seem like an irrelevant question, but due to the effects of climate change, more and more of the polar bears' natural habitat is melting. It is increasingly the case that, where once polar bears walked on solid ground, their bulk is now sufficient to break through the thinning arctic ice, and also provide a topic of discussion suitable for initiating conversation with strangers.

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
drat, if being sexy were a crime, that would imply a radically different social structure than the one with which we are currently familiar. I can only imagine the nightmarish, totalitarian society that would enact laws against a general configuration of phenotypes. Physical attractiveness being subjective, it is easy to envision broad discretionary powers being exercised by agents of the law to enforce their grim duty. Hopefully, the penalties for being sexy in such a society would be light, because you would be guilty as charged.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Hey, I just met you, and this might seem like the act of a mentally unstable person, but here's my personal telephone number. This is actually a pretty serious piece of personally identifiable information with significant ramifications for the security of my identity. So, maybe you'll call me, but you're more likely to throw my number out or use it maliciously. If you do choose to contact me, you're more likely to text than call as that is a more casual form of contact that many people are more comfortable with.

• Locked thread