Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm guessing they convinced the guy at the back that he was going to do pushups on their shoulders and then serra da bunda'd the guy in the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v__aVS3VePw

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

lol peacetime fags

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
"I'm just...scared mom. What if I go to war?"-A dude who joined in 2012

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

gleep gloop posted:

"I'm just...scared mom. What if I go to war?"-A dude who joined in 2012 as 42A

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

-a dude who joined the NG as a 11b in 2008

:(

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

We need to elect another retarded Republican that will get us into another bullshit war.

e: But somewhere with trees and grass and legal drinking this time

psydude fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 5, 2014

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

psydude posted:

We need to elect another retarded Republican that will get us into another bullshit war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeUYE1XNO5E&t=31s

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

psydude posted:

We already did Vietnam but that was Kennedy and Johnson. I guess you could make the argument that Truman set us on a trajectory towards intervention in Vietnam.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I just had a SSG get mad at me for my hair being too long. It's been about a month and a half since my last haircut. Do I push my luck and keep growing it out in the hopes of making Martello proud or do I cave and get it cut?

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Pesticide20 posted:

I just had a SSG get mad at me for my hair being too long. It's been about a month and a half since my last haircut. Do I push my luck and keep growing it out in the hopes of making Martello proud or do I cave and get it cut?

A few weeks ago I was giving a briefing to a Brigade Commander and the CSM was loudly grumbling about my hair... one of the Battalion Commanders at the table turned to him and said "leave the lawyer alone he can leave and get a real job any time he wants to". Which, while somewhat misinformed, still made me feel quite :smugdog:

brains
May 12, 2004

haha awesome. i live for the glares i get from some senior NCOs about my hair. like i or anyone else in the entire aviation branch gives a poo poo. TDY and 2 and a half months between haircuts? no fucks given

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

This deployment I usually went 1 and a half to 2 months without a haircut. When our 1SG would start bitching about it, I'd do the old trim right around the ears trick and then wait another week or two before actually getting it cut just 'cuz.

e: Only like two and a half weeks left until I'm REFRAD. The number of fucks I give is extremely low.

psydude fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 5, 2014

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/06/world/asia/afghanistan-attack.html?_r=0 :stare:

Apparently a 2 star just ate it in Afghanistan.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Just glass a-stan already. It's been a piece of poo poo region with piece of poo poo inhabitants for millenia and not getting any better.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

gently caress. Apparently there was a German 1 star wounded in the attack as well.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
lmbo at that gate guard/psd gunner in the photo

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

When are they gonna learn not let those fuckheads anywhere near anybody important? You'd think after losing guys to inside attacks over and loving over somebody would have the bright idea that "hey, there are dudes trying to kill us within the Afghan ranks!" As much as I like to rag on people who don't go outside the wire, certain people definitely should loving not and should also not be exposing themselves to potential attack. "B-b-but that will show them we don't trust them!" No loving poo poo we don't trust them, because they're too lazy and inept, or just turning a blind eye, to screen out the assholes who want to shoot friendlies in the back. What the gently caress does it take for them to get some loving spine? I don't want to sound like I'm blasting all of the ANA and ANP and ALP and whoever the gently caress else they give a uniform and a rifle to, but the vast majority of them are loving cowards, liars, and all-round worthless human garbage. There are some among them who are genuinely great loving soldiers and great leaders, but they are too few and far between.

gently caress 'em, glass the whole goddamn Middle East.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

When are they gonna learn not let those fuckheads anywhere near anybody important? You'd think after losing guys to inside attacks over and loving over somebody would have the bright idea that "hey, there are dudes trying to kill us within the Afghan ranks!" As much as I like to rag on people who don't go outside the wire, certain people definitely should loving not and should also not be exposing themselves to potential attack. "B-b-but that will show them we don't trust them!" No loving poo poo we don't trust them, because they're too lazy and inept, or just turning a blind eye, to screen out the assholes who want to shoot friendlies in the back. What the gently caress does it take for them to get some loving spine? I don't want to sound like I'm blasting all of the ANA and ANP and ALP and whoever the gently caress else they give a uniform and a rifle to, but the vast majority of them are loving cowards, liars, and all-round worthless human garbage. There are some among them who are genuinely great loving soldiers and great leaders, but they are too few and far between.

gently caress 'em, glass the whole goddamn Middle East.

It's not like we have to sit through Insider Threat briefs, ever, or anything... Jesus loving Christ.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

psydude posted:

This deployment I usually went 1 and a half to 2 months without a haircut. When our 1SG would start bitching about it, I'd do the old trim right around the ears trick and then wait another week or two before actually getting it cut just 'cuz.

e: Only like two and a half weeks left until I'm REFRAD. The number of fucks I give is extremely low.

deployed, waiting for a refrad date in theater, counting down the days. lol youre gonna die in the next 2 weeks or so

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

everyone is fabulous always

anne frank fanfic posted:

deployed, waiting for a refrad date in theater, counting down the days. lol youre gonna die in the next 2 weeks or so

:pray:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

psydude posted:

gently caress. Apparently there was a German 1 star wounded in the attack as well.

First reaction of the german media is to make absolutely sure that brigadier general is the lowest and least important rank of general and this barely matters at all

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

a good start

afnmfh

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

anne frank fanfic posted:

We've got guys who are about to retire after we're done. I figure they'll be the first to go.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Oh yeah, everybody knows you never accept one last mission. ESPECIALLY if you're near retirement and you and your wife are finally taking that cruise now that the kids are out of the house. You better start beating her or develop alcoholism, because you, my friend, are hosed.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
TIL that is is hard as gently caress to set up a school to receive tuition assistance. So many loving hoops just to get mah gubermint cheese.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Government cheese? It's 4000 dollars (not even the IRS maximum) and requires you to be further indentured to the government for four years. For comparison, two companies that I recently interviewed with will pay up to $6200 in TA each year and only require that you stay with them for one year after you're done using it. It's better than nothing, I guess, but when you consider how much of a pain in the rear end it is to use, along with the ADSO, I wouldn't consider it a benefit as much as a way for them to rope you in past your obligation.

psydude fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 8, 2014

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Connecticut NG dudes hit a car on I95 and rolled an LMTV, one killed. Wear your goddam seatbelts, retards.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in their BC's office right about now.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

psydude posted:

Government cheese? It's 4000 dollars (not even the IRS maximum) and requires you to be further indentured to the government for four years. For comparison, two companies that I recently interviewed with will pay up to $6200 in TA each year and only require that you stay with them for one year after you're done using it. It's better than nothing, I guess, but when you consider how much of a pain in the rear end it is to use, along with the ADSO, I wouldn't consider it a benefit as much as a way for them to rope you in past your obligation.

I still have four years before my first contract ends.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

Connecticut NG dudes hit a car on I95 and rolled an LMTV, one killed. Wear your goddam seatbelts, retards.

Yep. Sad as gently caress. I did laugh like hell when the Col doing the press conference said that all military drivers receive 40 hours of driving instruction. I was medical evac driving a M997, I had about 30 minutes of training overall during my enlistment.

We had a girl driving a LMTV on a highway using the throttle lock as a cruise control one weekend. She took an exit ramp, and drove it straight into an Audi R8. Somehow it got covered the gently caress up.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Yep. Sad as gently caress. I did laugh like hell when the Col doing the press conference said that all military drivers receive 40 hours of driving instruction. I was medical evac driving a M997, I had about 30 minutes of training overall during my enlistment.

We had a girl driving a LMTV on a highway using the throttle lock as a cruise control one weekend. She took an exit ramp, and drove it straight into an Audi R8. Somehow it got covered the gently caress up.

Lol even active my drivers training was a written safety test and "you've driven before right?"

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Mine was 2 laps around the road track in a humvee, and I was considered good to go.

Then I drove 2 laps around the same road track in a tank, and was considered a driver.

My military license involved me sitting some safety course, then getting an eye test, and our master driver certifying me for god knows how many different vehicles that I'd not even heard of before.

A+ would military certify again.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

God forbid you get behind the wheel of a bus or 15 pax without a license.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

After we got back from Iraq and our company lost everyone who had ETS'd while we were deployed, our new CO (who was a state trooper) decided to do convoy training in New Britain, CT.

What he didn't know was that there was a driver who didn't have a civilian driver's license. Ever. Who sideswiped a parked car on the road. Or, when he insisted all the antennas be extended fully, that they would hit every power and telephone line on the road. Or, that people get kinda twitchy in the poor sections when a convoy of 20 vehicles come driving down the road.

Fun times.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

not caring here posted:

Mine was 2 laps around the road track in a humvee, and I was considered good to go.

Then I drove 2 laps around the same road track in a tank, and was considered a driver.

My military license involved me sitting some safety course, then getting an eye test, and our master driver certifying me for god knows how many different vehicles that I'd not even heard of before.

A+ would military certify again.

Lol meanwhile in the reserves where there is no money it is nearly impossible to get anyone driver training unless they had a previous mil license from active duty or are put on adt orders for training. The only real chance we had to train/license drivers is AT and usually there are a ton of competing demands for other "more important"training.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

White Chocolate posted:

I still have four years before my first contract ends.

It's four years from the last day that you use TA. So if you plan on using it anymore, then you'll start to owe extra time.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
During OEF 10-11 we had a guy from 3-2 SCR (just CR now I think?) drive the striker too fast at the elevated main highway and hit the bump so fast he flipped and killed a gunner. I'd hate to live with some poo poo like that.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

We were some of the first guys driving MRAPs. The active duty unit that took over after us, when not having NDs and hazing each other, would be like "lol stupid loving reservists GOD" whenever we told them that they roll over easily, which was constantly. Two of their guys died in rollovers after we left. Really, really stupid rollovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I got to drive the gently caress out of some JLG lifts without ever actually training on or being certified to drive these things.

• Locked thread