Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I couldn't drive on the return trip of our 'relocate training assets' [re:move trucks from parking lot 90 minutes away to a cramped small as gently caress on a hill parking lot 35 minutes away] mission for last month's drill because the NCOIC at the maintenance shop carded me and I only have the training to drive the 1088a1p2s but I am waiting for the physical license from admin. No license on you = no go. I had to ride the bus back like a bitch. :negative:

I am also a PFC who literally bought [with cash for 3k under sticker] a 2004 v6 mustang with my money from IET. :cripes:

At least I didn't spend my money on stupid poo poo like an xbox or new boots like every one else in my company. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

NTT posted:

I am also a PFC who literally bought [with cash for 3k under sticker] a 2004 v6 mustang with my money from IET. :cripes:

should have financed at 20%

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Hello army thread, has anyone seen Cole? Please let me know!!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Hello army thread, has anyone seen Cole? Please let me know!!

Why yes, I do believe I have.

Cole posted:

During OEF 10-11 we had a guy from 3-2 SCR (just CR now I think?) drive the striker too fast at the elevated main highway and hit the bump so fast he flipped and killed a gunner. I'd hate to live with some poo poo like that.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Why yes, I do believe I have.

Thanks citizen, see something say something. :thumbsup:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Let's be real for a moment. Is there anyone that's actually taken the mythical "drivers training"? I have heard of someone taking the class, but it was a guy that knew a guy. I feel like it's as real as the "stress cards" in basic. I'm sure Anansi will come by soon and enlighten us all about his experience with those.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
Driver's training was a week in our battalion when I was a private. It consisted of our battalion master driver throwing all of us fresh bloods into the BN HQ basement, having us watch some videos and then (rightfully) bitching about stupid private drivers.

We then went to the motor pool where some 88M PSG continued to bitch and yell about us and other dumb privates. We drove some laps around some tank trails behind our motor pool and we were BN licensed.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Pesticide20 posted:

Let's be real for a moment. Is there anyone that's actually taken the mythical "drivers training"? I have heard of someone taking the class, but it was a guy that knew a guy. I feel like it's as real as the "stress cards" in basic. I'm sure Anansi will come by soon and enlighten us all about his experience with those.

Yep. In CRC circa 2008 post policy was that your first week was in processing, second week was driver's training. I can't remember what level that policy was at.

Shasta Monster
Jan 12, 2009
I just made it to Rear D, and I'm pretty curious if I'm supposed to be doing something other than play xbox all day. I'm going to count this as my payment for all the years of taking the Army's "Rear D".

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Yep. In CRC circa 2008 post policy was that your first week was in processing, second week was driver's training. I can't remember what level that policy was at.

Weird. I don't feel at so bad for missing out on that by joining in 2011 then.

Shasta Monster posted:

I just made it to Rear D, and I'm pretty curious if I'm supposed to be doing something other than play xbox all day. I'm going to count this as my payment for all the years of taking the Army's "Rear D".

Hahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Allow me to pop some more painkillers before I laugh at you some more.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Romania is pretty cool. gently caress you, Afghanistan.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Psydude's gonna come home with some 14 year old piece of pizda.

E: Did you make O3 yet?

EBB fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 10, 2014

wirefire
Feb 22, 2011

Pesticide20 posted:

For drivers training, I had to sit through a 40hr powerpoint course at ft. bliss.

We had to read or have read to us every word on every miserable slide.

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women

psydude posted:

Romania is pretty cool. gently caress you, Afghanistan.

Last time out of Afghanistan my brigade was one of the first groups to go through there, nice actual midway transition.

Best part was the bde csm giving my 1sg a lecture on how no one had better go to the bar and the bde cdr basically saying "gently caress that, get drunk and sleep it off."

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Paradise Lost posted:

Last time out of Afghanistan my brigade was one of the first groups to go through there, nice actual midway transition.

Best part was the bde csm giving my 1sg a lecture on how no one had better go to the bar and the bde cdr basically saying "gently caress that, get drunk and sleep it off."
Yeah the no drinking thing is kinda lame, especially since redeploying people were allowed to at Manas, but whatever. The food's good, there's grass, it doesn't smell like poo poo, and we got split off from the main body so nobody's bugging us.

E: Did you make O3 yet?
Not yet. They pushed O3 back to 4 years commissioned time.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

wirefire posted:

For drivers training, I had to sit through a 40hr powerpoint course at ft. bliss.

We had to read or have read to us every word on every miserable slide.

gently caress. That.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

2/2 SCR.

It was snowing, we had some range, roads were black but we had permission to drive out from some noble. One flipped stryker, two strykers pile up, and 3 squads in the hospital. Good times besides the fact I had to go back out to the field as soon as the hospital released me.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Sounds like a noble is in for some :a2m:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

NTT posted:

Sounds like a noble is in for some :a2m:

Every time a bell rings, a PL is fired and sent to staff.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Kaliber posted:

2/2 SCR.

It was snowing, we had some range, roads were black but we had permission to drive out from some noble. One flipped stryker, two strykers pile up, and 3 squads in the hospital. Good times besides the fact I had to go back out to the field as soon as the hospital released me.

gently caress 2/2 I had to support those re-ros last month and I still have ptsd about their bad calls.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Need someone to drive an ASV or an MRAP? My license said I could despite never having driven either, ever. It's funny, they make you lose countless hours on EO and SHARP training as if it will magically make a racist or a rapist see the light. The poo poo that will actually kill or maim you and others around you? Nope.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

Need someone to drive an ASV or an MRAP? My license said I could despite never having driven either, ever. It's funny, they make you lose countless hours on EO and SHARP training as if it will magically make a racist or a rapist see the light. The poo poo that will actually kill or main you and others around you? Nope.
This, seriously. It sums up everything about the Army today. More time wasted on stupid "Mommy he's touching me" bullshit than on the training that soldiers, you know, loving soldiers, actually need.

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006
Anyone been to Urban Mobility Breachers Course? Please tell me it is a gentlemans course and I dont have to gently caress with PRT.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

Kick-Puncher posted:

Anyone been to Urban Mobility Breachers Course?

No, but the first time green weenie breached me was at a recruiting office in a big city. Does that make me a subject matter expert?

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay
Leave request approved. Good bye army for 2 weeks, see you soon.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm authorizing you two weeks of leave from this thread.

HelpImARock3
May 27, 2010

Don't get treed by a Chihuahua

Anansi The Spider posted:

Leave request approved. Good bye army for 2 weeks, see you soon.

Two weeks? Haven't you been in the Army for like 30 minutes? I only had like 5 days leave stored up when I got out of basic. I guess it's a barracks Christmas this year.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

HelpImARock3 posted:

Two weeks? Haven't you been in the Army for like 30 minutes? I only had like 5 days leave stored up when I got out of basic. I guess it's a barracks Christmas this year.

Actually, Anansi has never been out of basic.

E: phone posting, drat auto correct

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

HelpImARock3 posted:

2 weeks reception, 14 weeks of infancy training, 2 months in the tradarmy. I say 2 weeks, I mean 12 days, of course I get jesus christ day off so I left on saturday night with the blessing of my 1sgt telling me my leave started this morning. Time to go get married to my fiancee and start collecting that sweet sweet BAH

And Honeboy bradley needs to return.

Night jumping was probably the most amazing thing I've ever done. My back loving perpetually hurts now though.

Anansi The Spider fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 11, 2014

TheAlphaChaser
May 12, 2013
FYI the army recon course is super cool and has awesome instructors. I snuck in a building on benning at 0300 and stole some general's picture to "gather intel" on a field exercise. If you're >E5 or Owhatever and combat arms check it out.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Anansi The Spider posted:

14 weeks of infancy training,

So you you just poo poo your drawers all the time?

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
I haven't posted here in a few months, so I'm going to just loving rant it out.

I'm about 2 months from leaving Korea and it can'tcome soon enough. I hate being here so.loving.much.so god drat motherfucking much. I can barely articulate it. The loving alerts, the loving curfew (oh don't get me started on that loving poo poo curfew), the random GO1's, courtesy patrol...all of it. gently caress.

And now my BC is making it mandatory (legal told him he can't do this) to FRIEND him on Facebook, like the unit's page, and like every post. He bullied all of the CO's into doing it and my CO is trying to hang the fact that he is my senior rater over our heads to make us do this.

God loving drat it.

gently caress.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What if you're not on Facebook?

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

What if you're not on Facebook?

Probably get accused of lying. It's not hard to like the Facebook page, but I don't want him looking at my poo poo.

And the way that letter was worded... "the BC, your senior rater,..." like an indirect threat.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Register a throwaway email, make your profile your da photo, do what he says, and be done with it. Delete that poo poo when you pcs.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Or contact IG if you don't give a gently caress.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Be a grown rear end man, and do what grown rear end men do.

Ask yourself if you'll feel like a bitch explaining to your son why you did what you did.

That's all the guidance you need when navigating issues where the letter, words, spirit, and intent of the law are on your side.

If it's too upsetting for you to grab your dick and tell them to suck it then you've got no place in the business of men anyway.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

Flikken posted:

So you you just poo poo your drawers all the time?

Certain people did yes.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Ashmole posted:

Probably get accused of lying. It's not hard to like the Facebook page, but I don't want him looking at my poo poo.

And the way that letter was worded... "the BC, your senior rater,..." like an indirect threat.

As mentioned, make a secondary "official" facebook account with your Army email and gay army photos. Like stupid facebook posts and post motivating hooah poo poo about the FRG while you're at work and then give no fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Ashmole posted:

I haven't posted here in a few months, so I'm going to just loving rant it out.

I'm about 2 months from leaving Korea and it can'tcome soon enough. I hate being here so.loving.much.so god drat motherfucking much. I can barely articulate it. The loving alerts, the loving curfew (oh don't get me started on that loving poo poo curfew), the random GO1's, courtesy patrol...all of it. gently caress.

And now my BC is making it mandatory (legal told him he can't do this) to FRIEND him on Facebook, like the unit's page, and like every post. He bullied all of the CO's into doing it and my CO is trying to hang the fact that he is my senior rater over our heads to make us do this.

God loving drat it.

gently caress.

holy poo poo loooooooool

you can friend him to satisfy their roster or whatever then immediately delete him/put him in some group that can't view your poo poo because you get no alert if someone unfriends you. unless he was actively checking (wtf) they would never know

• Locked thread